Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 7:19 PM
Thank you all for your patience and apologies for the delay. As there were so few entries to the competition this year we have decided to combine all the entries and make a combined calendar for each game. The calendars should be available for download by the end of the week

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 8:52 PM
I feel my chance of winning has flown out the window which saddens me but okay :P

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 11:18 PM
I am sorry that you are disappointed by our decision to make a combined calendar but we did not want to have 'default' winners and we wanted to make the calendar as interesting as possible.

NB: This decision was made by all the Staff members in discussion.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#79 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 3:07 AM
Do we still get stickers?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#80 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 5:12 AM
Some of these screenshots bring back memories from the good old days before I moved on to TS3, it's also hard to distinguish some of the items and scenes from my current game because of all the cool TS2 conversions I have in TS3 right now :D
Nice work TS2 community!

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Do we still get stickers?
Yes, you will get a sticker

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#82 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 3:54 PM
I posted this in the TS3 thread, but I figure I will post it in all for people who only are following one:

Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I, in fact, was the one who first suggested to combine the entries in the first place. The calendar contest has been my "baby" for as many years as I have been a moderator (this is the 6th year we've done it). I have watched as, each year, the entries for each month get smaller and smaller. I've watched this contest go from having completely full months to having some months only receive a single entry at last minute. The latter is not fair. People wait until the day (or even an hour) before the contest ends and then put in an entry that they may or may not have worked hard on and win by default because no one else entered that month.

Yes, I understand that combining all the entries into one calendar and then choosing 12 winners instead of 36 is sucky for the contestants. I get that; believe me I do. However, it still seemed more fair than letting people win by default. Per contest rules, generally contests that do not have 10 contestants to go forward do not continue. If you look at that, the calendar contest in the past has actually been lenient (if you consider each month a mini-contest) in almost all years. 4 or 5 per month usually seems to be the average; this year it was about 2 per month when averaged. After all, what's the point of having a contest where you only have one entry?

As for years going forward; at this point, it will most likely be either a joint contest or not at all. There's just not enough interest to continue doing 3 separate contests.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 11:19 PM
Here are the Calendar winners. We will be adding participation and winner stickers over the next few days. Congratulations everyone!

January Charmful
February Pary
March joandsarah77
April simsample
May clw8
June Essa
July gdayars
August Averex
September AngieMFAK77
October N_Fluen$e
November Zarathustra
December Spladoum

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#84 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:59 PM
Well done all! Thank you to the excellent creators for making the calendars, and congratulations to the winners!
Mad Poster
#85 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 2:24 AM
I'll be "that guy" again (sorry)... but, stickers?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I'll be "that guy" again (sorry)... but, stickers?
Sorry, Zar, will get on to it!

Page 4 of 4