2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#6926 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 2:00 AM
For whoever brought the subject of Sunset Valley for TS2 up, just a warning: neither my significant other nor my cats are going to forgive you for this.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6927 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I only get as far as thinking about it if I know it works with base game

I usually get as far as "camera mod required" or "requires OFB."
Mad Poster
#6928 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 3:22 AM
Why does ACR always like to kick in during children's birthday parties?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#6929 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

Lies! It kicks in during every single party: children's party, house party, New Year's Bash, graduation party, just name it.
Mad Poster
#6930 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Lies! It kicks in during every single party: children's party, house party, New Year's Bash, graduation party, just name it.

Because you stopped micromanaging or couldn't micromanage (uncontrollable) the sims for a moment.

That's why yes, he got cheating AGAIN. Now if his little sister (party host) was just not best friends with him, his baby-momma, and his wife, his life would be so much simpler. Or if she'd get it through his head to only invite one of the two ladies . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#6931 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 1:10 AM

In my game I once tried holding a pseudo church-like service at the local chapel for those sims that seemed as if they'd enjoy something of the sort, and...well...it was fairly pleasant until two different sets of non-couples decided to use the pews to go at it. Talk about awkward.

Complete freewill and ACR are a dangerous combo sometimes.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Top Secret Researcher
#6932 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Because you stopped micromanaging or couldn't micromanage (uncontrollable) the sims for a moment.

That's why yes, he got cheating AGAIN. Now if his little sister (party host) was just not best friends with him, his baby-momma, and his wife, his life would be so much simpler. Or if she'd get it through his head to only invite one of the two ladies . . .

Well, when there are 6 Sim in the house, plus 25 guests to the party, yes, I am more interested in watching the whole picture than being busy with micromanaging. When I do though I keep on eye on those Family aspiration whores who will woohoo with every available Sim in order to get married. They are worse than Romance Sims - at least Romance Sims have their priorities straight: woohoo and then... "Next!"
Scholar
#6933 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 8:40 PM
I learned something today...Holding down Ctrl+Alt while placing objecs makes it possible to place two objecks on the same wall. It was in this list. I wish I had it before... https://www.thesimsresource.com/gam...ew-post/post/84
Mad Poster
#6934 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I learned something today...Holding down Ctrl+Alt while placing objecs makes it possible to place two objecks on the same wall.

I've known about that one for years, but I always forget what the input actually is, so I'm sitting there hitting Shift and Tab and whatever.
Forum Resident
#6935 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 4:07 PM
Have been happily taking pictures of my rapidly growing Loste. Went into to my folder to finally add the darn things to the Babies and Toddlers thread. Discovered how bad the in-game camera really is. Weeps. URGH.
Mad Poster
#6936 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 4:33 PM
You probably haven't changed the settings. Large size, high quality, and a little practice, and the in-game camera is perfectly adequate for most purposes.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#6937 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 7:28 PM
1. I rode my motorbike this week-end and while I was admiring the sceneries, it made me want to get cows and horses for my game.

2. Since I applied the standby memory fix, my game crashes less. It makes playing enjoyable again.
Alchemist
#6938 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 8:48 PM
That's great to hear, Essa! I'd been pondering your computer troubles for days now, wondering if your power source could be the culprit, or if perhaps you have too much cc for your computer to handle. So, glad to know you can play at least a little bit now.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6939 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 10:59 PM
I want to know who's idea it was to make the default colour for the cheap toilets be green.

The same person who made the baby milk green would be my guess.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#6940 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 11:01 PM
Somebody just really liked the color green.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6941 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
1. I rode my motorbike this week-end and while I was admiring the sceneries, it made me want to get cows and horses for my game.

2. Since I applied the standby memory fix, my game crashes less. It makes playing enjoyable again.

Have you seen Dragon-Slave's horses? They're only statues, but they're really nicely done. Veranka has some horse supplies that were converted from TS3. If I was any good at building, I'd make a ranch in Three Lakes.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6942 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Somebody just really liked the color green.

Now look here, green is my favorite colour...but that particular shade of green is just bad.
Link Ninja
#6943 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa

I'm glad you are back to enoying your game too, @Essa - I had the same crashing and flashing for awhile this summer but the memory allocation fix really helped my game too

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#6944 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 5:16 AM
I miss the TS1 version of walls displaying partly up/partly down... it was just within a certain area around the cursor that the walls would be cutaway, or within the room that the active Sim was in... everywhere else they stayed up. TS2 seems to drop every wall out to the very rear wall of a building, even if your Sim and your cursor are nowhere near there...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#6945 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 8:06 AM
Have you seen Dragon-Slave's horses? They're only statues, but they're really nicely done. Veranka has some horse supplies that were converted from TS3. If I was any good at building, I'd make a ranch in Three Lakes.

I'm pretty sure they're the base for Rebecah's animated horses, so they don't have to be statues.
Forum Resident
#6946 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You probably haven't changed the settings. Large size, high quality, and a little practice, and the in-game camera is perfectly adequate for most purposes.

Can you tell me more @Peni? I had no idea the settings could be changed on it! I went ahead and downloaded Fraps to try to get better shots for sharing (I never post pictures... now I know why) and couldn't even figure out how to upload without signing up for a photobucket account (I have waaaaay too many accounts as it is )
Theorist
#6947 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Now look here, green is my favorite colour...but that particular shade of green is just bad.

yeah, it's not nice green, it's Hospital Green.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#6948 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Can you tell me more Peni? I had no idea the settings could be changed on it! I went ahead and downloaded Fraps to try to get better shots for sharing (I never post pictures... now I know why) and couldn't even figure out how to upload without signing up for a photobucket account (I have waaaaay too many accounts as it is )

Go into your Options settings and click the button that looks like a camera. The middle section of the screen is for your screenshot settings: Snapshot Size and Picture Quality. If your computer can handle it (and most modern ones can), set both to the highest (bottom) settings as in my screenshot.
Screenshots
Theorist
#6949 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
That's great to hear, Essa! I'd been pondering your computer troubles for days now, wondering if your power source could be the culprit, or if perhaps you have too much cc for your computer to handle. So, glad to know you can play at least a little bit now.

@Phantomknight
I'll still need to investigate though. My DL folder currently is 6.18 GB.
I'd like to start fresh but my laziness gets in the way.

@Bulbizarre
I got horses as hood deco yesterday. I don't plan to have deco horses on a lot. I'm a terrible builder.
Thanks for the link though.

Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I'm glad you are back to enoying your game too, @Essa - I had the same crashing and flashing for awhile this summer but the memory allocation fix really helped my game too

@Charmul
Thank you.
I used to have flashing pink with my last Radeon card two years ago.
I missed the days when I could play the game with WinXP and my Ati X1950 without any fuss.
Mad Poster
#6950 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 11:19 PM
Terula, if you get an account anywhere, don't get it at photobucket. Almost any other photohosting site is better.

The easiest way to post pictures, and the only way without hosting them anywhere, is to Go Advanced and Attach Image. Which is how RoxEllen did you handy visual aid, there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 278 of 515