Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 3:46 PM
Default TS2 2014 Calendar Chat Thread
This is the official chat thread for our Calendar Contest!

Here you can post chatty stuff about the contest like:
  • Awesome! I want to join!
  • ”The entries are great! My favorite is Simmer1234’s entry for March!”
  • Various other chattery type things - but please do not spam! Remember, we have a Private Message system so this thread is not for conversations you could easily have via PM or IM.

You can also post:
  • Pictures for a third, fourth, etc entry - you're only allowed two months/official entries per person, but if you have more shots, post them here!
  • If your month fills up before you get a chance to enter it, post your pictures for everyone to see!
  • If you don’t want to compete for various reasons but still want to share your pictures.
  • If you have pictures that don't meet the requirements, but still want to share.

Please remember to BE NICE! - You can post comments on the entries but don't be mean about it. Positive stuff or nicely-put constructive comments only! Remember, the main point of this contest is FUN!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 3:31 PM Last edited by ijustneedsomeeyes : 3rd Nov 2013 at 3:57 PM.
I'll say it, if nobody else will: I think Fivey really captured the essence of spring with her submission. Oh! And I thought I'd see mustuvcatz's download screenshot in the contest forum, the jaws, the cobwebs and the TS3 style pumpkins definitely scream "Halloween!".
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ijustneedsomeeyes
I'll say it, if nobody else will: I think Fivey really captured the essence of spring with her submission. Oh! And I thought I'd see mustuvcatz's download screenshot in the contest forum, the jaws, the cobwebs and the TS3 style pumpkins definitely scream "Halloween!".

I was just coming here to comment on both of these pics, they're absolutely stunning!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 4:12 PM
They're both lovely, yes! But we have an entire month to gets tons more stunning pictures. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 3:12 PM
Hooo-wee! I know what I'm gonna do today
Some of the entries so far are outstanding! I'm in awe of some picture-taking skillz out there :lovestruc:
I'm firin' up my game... right.... now (which means I have about 45 minutes to get all my work done for the day - TGIF!)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 1:50 AM
Catherine, your schoolhouse is cute! Reminds me of mine, though it's a bit bigger now that all my sims have had babies

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 2:02 AM
YAY! I'll have to go look at yours...

...it's not on MTS? I wanna see it - do you have a link?
Where I grew up (about an hour N of Tampa, FL) we had a "Little Red School House" - it looked just like this one - and it was used as the town library. (Small town!)

I'm also trying to do a Crofters Hut type thing for St Patty's day... but my game keeps crashing. I think it is the last thing I added to my DL folder, which would be OhBehave's scenic backdrops They're probably fine, but conflicting with something else in there *sigh* I really wanted to use it them too

and Vintage Stuffeths
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 2:21 AM
Hmm, I seem to have a tonne of pics of the inside of the schoolhouse, but almost none of the outside! Just this rather crappy one of one corner of the building:
(I took that because I was marvelling at how much my hood's population has grown)

I do have a few other nice pics from the school, but they really don't tell you anything about the school building .

And this one, which I absolutely love - the poses were completely spontaneous, it was amazing. I like to think that Victoria, the girl in the polkadot dress, is the kind of sim who'd probably frame this. In fact, maybe I should have her do just that...

The school wasn't based on any RL building for me - I did actually grow up just around the corner from my primary school's original, tiny building, but it had been a chapel before it was a school (and later a graphic design agency), so the style didn't really fit with this 'hood. I started out basing my hood's school loosely on Anne of Green Gables - but it's a bigger and more modern than that school!

Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 3:55 AM
OH! I love the 'class' picture What a sweet idea!
Yours is an actual working school building; mine's just a one room school house - more for 'hood deco (with a playground) than anything else...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
YAY! I'll have to go look at yours...

...it's not on MTS? I wanna see it - do you have a link?
Where I grew up (about an hour N of Tampa, FL) we had a "Little Red School House" - it looked just like this one - and it was used as the town library. (Small town!)

I'm also trying to do a Crofters Hut type thing for St Patty's day... but my game keeps crashing. I think it is the last thing I added to my DL folder, which would be OhBehave's scenic backdrops They're probably fine, but conflicting with something else in there *sigh* I really wanted to use it them too

You grew up north of Tampa? Me too! Now I am really curious where (because I'm nosy like that). Nysha, your class pictures are awesome!

Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
You grew up north of Tampa? Me too!

Ever heard of Spring Hill? Or, as I called it Sprung Hill... Right across Hwy 19 from Weekie Wachee
Where were you?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#12 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 9:16 AM
I'm loving these pictures! I really want to have a go, maybe I could have a try?

I love Fivey's February one! It makes you feel warm and it's like it actually talks to you saying "Valentines day and romance"

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 12:49 PM
I love Fivey's February picture, the moon in the background is amazing. But how do you get a moon in sims 2? As far as I was aware you only get moons in sims 3, clearly not.

"Reality is a lovely place - but I wouldn't want to live there" - Owl city

I would much rather be a sim
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 1:05 PM
Go for it, TotallySimsCrazy. The more entries, the merrier :D

I may or may not eventually get round to an entry .

marmbite, I think Fivey might be using a custom sky object, like these: http://modthesims.info/d/187229

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Ever heard of Spring Hill? Or, as I called it Sprung Hill... Right across Hwy 19 from Weekie Wachee
Where were you?

Yes! I grew up the next county over: Citrus County. Inverness was the town name. Though usually when people ask I say close to Ocala since that's the nearest "big town" that we'd usually make a special trip to since they had an actual mall for school/Christmas shopping and the like. Hello fellow central Floridian!

And yes, please. Keep the entries coming. Nysha is right, the more the merrier!

Instructor
#16 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 4:10 PM
Yay, just seen myself added to the table, Thanks heaven!

I really enjoyed making that, you're allowed two right? I could make another, i just need a month, and free time to download stuff to do it.

Great entries everyone! May i wish you ALL good luck!

Simblr
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallySimsCrazy
Yay, just seen myself added to the table, Thanks heaven!

I really enjoyed making that, you're allowed two right? I could make another, i just need a month, and free time to download stuff to do it.

Great entries everyone! May i wish you ALL good luck!

Yes, you can do another as long as it's a different month. You have all month so hopefully you can find the time!

Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 6:45 PM
Default Extra pictures
Yippee! I finally decided on my final two and they have been added to the table. Since I took some other alternatives which can't be entered I will share them here.

This first one would have been for February:

The second one would have been November:

And this third picture would have been December:

I wish I could have entered three, it was so hard to decide between the two I entered and my February picture. But I suppose if you could enter three then there would be less people able to enter and people with more expansion packs (and other benefits) would have a bigger advantage. Oh well, I just hope I picked the right two...

Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
marmbite, I think Fivey might be using a custom sky object, like these: http://modthesims.info/d/187229

I think you may be right. I didn't know you could do that but it's quite a good idea.

Mad Poster
#20 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 7:54 PM
Where are ya'll finding the tall grass? I have some... but it doesn't look nearly as nice as what is pictured here! Please share?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#21 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 8:22 PM
@marmbite12 I think November is awesome. It shows me what November is mainly about!

Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marmbite12
I love Fivey's February picture, the moon in the background is amazing. But how do you get a moon in sims 2? As far as I was aware you only get moons in sims 3, clearly not.

It's a lamp, actually.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 10:51 PM
I'd just like to chip in and say something.
Marmbite12, your November picture is awesome! :D
Mad Poster
#24 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
It's a lamp, actually.

What a terrific find! Thanks for the linksie
I wonder why I didn't see this before

and Vintage Stuffeths
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#25 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 3:18 AM
Catherine - the grass that marmbite used looks like this grass or the other grasses by that same creator. (Same grass, one set is lower poly.) If you're interested in the grass that Fivey used, that's probably Gelydh's grass that was on Club Crym.. er, however you spell it lol. I used the same grass basically - I did add ons that are longer, so I used those mostly.

Other than that, my "Grasses" folder (yes, I have one since I was doing edits) shows that 4ESF, cyclonesue, sim man 123, Jonesi (Black Pearl Sims) and nanu have grasses. Nanu's Rigo grass is longer but only 1 tile, so placing a whole "field" of it is a pain. (Which is why I did 4 tile versions of those for myself.)

Page 1 of 2