Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#801 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 4:43 PM
Liv, that's a nice thought but not everyone is into those themes, nor has all the time to obtain custom content to complete them effectively. It is a general makeover contest and I like the idea of the finishing houses being open to all possibilities. That kind of challenge might suit a contest for a different theme though and could be quite interesting

Phae did a fantastic job on all her houses, especially the last on by putting a twist on the typical thought of a home makeover. I already make themes that are a bit out of the usual for myself but when it comes to a makeover contest I'd love to attempt a house of modern style which I'm familiar with lol. I'm sure whatever Jones may decide for a future contest is up to her though and I'm sure will be a great hit.

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#802 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDeadSim
Liv, that's a nice thought but not everyone is into those themes, nor has all the time to obtain custom content to complete them effectively. It is a general makeover contest and I like the idea of the finishing houses being open to all possibilities. That kind of challenge might suit a contest for a different theme though and could be quite interesting

Phae did a fantastic job on all her houses, especially the last on by putting a twist on the typical thought of a home makeover. I already make themes that are a bit out of the usual for myself but when it comes to a makeover contest I'd love to attempt a house of modern style which I'm familiar with lol. I'm sure whatever Jones may decide for a future contest is up to her though and I'm sure will be a great hit.

People don't have to actually have the Eps nor do they show sims anyway in the makeovers. They just have to build something suitable for the 'strange' families..All the contestants have CC, some more than others. Just build a place suitable for aliens. It can me modern or globular... vampires? Dank and dark or elegant..... Werewolves, could be a regular house with lots of digging holes in the backyard and chewed furniture . Plantsims could have nice gardens... zombies - decaying apocalyptic style... servos - mech houses... mad scientists could have secret scientific lairs.... etc. After all, Strangetown is all about the 'strange' people.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#803 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 11:07 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 18th Jun 2013 at 4:41 AM.
What porky said, lol. I had already planned to at least throw in one or two supers. Because like porky said, you don't actually have to have the EPs. I would state what they needed. Or I could make the families just human, but then in stead of a bonus room, make the bonus be if you made it for what ever super I specified.

And I too would be all over a steampunk or post apocalyptic themed contest!

Don't know if anyone still looks at this thread, but thought I'd let you all know I've officially lost my mind I am still giving everyone a break before Strangetown...BUT...I don't know what to do with myself without a contest to host. SO, I submitted an app for a different contest today, lol. This is a comm lot contest. I give the outside walls. There are 6 businesses to choose from, only 4 rounds, but I wanted to give more variety. Each business has 6 requirements and a theme. Another one of my lying in bed not sleeping thoughts.

Page 33 of 33