Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1101 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 1:33 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 14th Dec 2012 at 5:54 AM.
Thank you judges. I think my scoring is very fair.

Quote:
Though I'm curious as to what that tree with the yellow hangy things is...

It's a Laburnum tree and the 'yellow hangy things' are flowers. I have one in my back yard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laburnum
Although reading that I see it is poisonous... just as well my kids didn't eat it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#1102 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 4:33 AM
Really?! Sucks that greenhouse walls would have been okay yet they would not have looked nearly as nice. Was going with the "no additional space" was added. Oh, well. Serves me right trying to be in a contest during the holiday season (I work retail).

And believe me, I wasn't trying to let anyone else win. I wanted that fucking little blue ribbon.

/me goes on a drinking binge.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1103 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 11:32 PM
Poor HL *offers drink*

I'm going to miss this contest.

Will we be getting an Accomplishment for taking part? I notice down the bottom of my page there is a ‘participated in a contest’ one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#1104 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 11:55 PM
Yes, you should get that badge - I noticed I'd got it after the Scrapbooking Contest, but whether it was awarded prior to that (i.e. after the Foundations for Families Contest) I wouldn't like to say...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1105 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 1:19 AM
I don't think you'll get it till the contest thread is officially closed, jo.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1106 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 9:25 AM
Thanks for hosting this contest, Jones, thoroughly enjoyed it

Kaz
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1107 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 6:53 PM
I would like to thank you all for making my little contest a success I have enjoyed getting to know all of you and seeing everyone's different styles. My downloads folder, however, does NOT thank you all I hope to see you all back for the next 'hood in the new year!
Field Researcher
#1108 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 11:52 PM
I intend to compete next time - I'm hoping it's Strangetown rather than Veronaville as I utterly detest the latter...though, that does mean I've looked at those houses least and had no experience of them so could be interesting...hmmm.

Oh, I'll post the pics of what I did to the last 2 houses in the appropriate thread in the pics forum, as I've not had chance to go into my game for days and I expect this'll be locked by the time I have taken the pics to show lol - so keep an eye out in there if you're interested

Lab Assistant
#1109 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 6:53 PM
Quote:
Judge 2: 8/10 The coffee table is extremely close to the couch. And I don't see the need for the second TV on the wall by the stove.

duh! I totally forgot to remove the wall TV! my bad!
#1110 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 8:28 PM
So wait a second...

When do we hoist Liv up on all of our shoulders and carry her around MTS2 in her victory lap?

*readies self for celebratory hoisting*

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1111 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 9:24 PM
>Is too old to carry<

*throws confetti and pops crackers for Liv*

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#1112 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 9:37 PM
I WON I WON I WON I WON <screams with excitement>
Oh my, it was so sudden and I'm so happy! But, believe me, it was hard to get on the top xD

Gloriana - I'm affraid I'm too heavy to be carried xD But any other way of celebrating (for example jo's confetti and crackers ^^) would be cool
And it's nice to see that not the only one who's happy about my final score

Answers...
Quote:
I think in at least 90% of my homes I use the Annie

I'm not suprised, because for some time I've been doing the same This contest made me realise how many beautiful things I have in my Downloads folder and that I don't appreciate them at all!
Annie's design suits perfectly for any interior, becoause of recolors and "shaping" options.
Quote:
My one "complaint" is I think the curtains in Elise's room don't quite go and are a bit busy with the rest of the room.

I wanted something colourful here, but I totally agree with you that plain ones (I'm not sure about the stripes tbh) would be way better. I just did't consider that option
Quote:
I love that I'm pretty sure there's a radio in the kitchen. I have one there myself

I don't, but I know many people have it it their kitches so I thought it would be a nice addition
Quote:
The various items of footwear all lined up made me laugh.

Really? I thought it would be a nice accent!
Quote:
However, there is one major problem; the back door is blocked by the easel and canvas deco item.

No, it's not. I clearly stated that everything in this house is accesible for sim.

Nvm Julian being sick ;]
Quote:
In addition, the tiny patio is very full and will probably cause major traffic issues for sims trying to sit at the table or use the barbeque.

I don't have the original house in my game, but I think the objects are in the same places as in the contest version. And they ARE to be reached.

Btw, no photo edits on these screens. Resized only.

Thanks for fair scoring I'm absolutely happy with it
And most of all, thanks for such nice contest! I considered myself as quite experienced builder, but the judges proved me I'm not and that I had to change some things in "my" style. The lessons I've learned would be very helpful while (re)building sims' houes But not only judges gave me a lot of hepful pieces of advice!
Each contestant has his or her own style as well and I've seen there many great ideas! Looking at your pics even now I feel very inspired And grateful, becuase your works were so well-done that I had to think up something original, and in my normal gameplay it doesn't happen very often Competing with you was great fun!

So thanks again
Lab Assistant
#1113 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 3:25 PM
I'm really happy with the final scores! Boy, that was a close race, in my head I believe everyone was at first, because the scores were so close. But since this is the real world, and not inside of my head, congratulations Liv, Phaenoh and HigeLunatic for making the top 3, you guys rocked!

Anyway, I'd like to thank jones for your efforts in creating and managing this contest, and all the judges for your support and always-helpful feedback! It was a fun journey, and I can't wait for the Veronaville and Strangetown ones. We all deserve a very merry christmas and a wonderful new year :D
Lab Assistant
#1114 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 12:10 PM
Sorry mates couldn't post coz I got a job now. N thanx everyone n jones and judges hope to see you all soon......

In this world people may throw stones in the path of your success, it depends on you ….. What you make from them …… a wall or a bridge.. What's Your TS2 Business?

Page 45 of 45