Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#451 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 5:08 PM
Yay, we're waiting on the judges!

While it's sweet of you to suggest that InesMarie, it wouldn't be fair to the other contestants who've submitted their final spreads. Anyway, as Porky and I are level-pegging on actual points (bonuses included), the last thing I'd want is to be crowned winner by default - much better to take our chances and see what happens. It's been a close-run thing all the way through.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#452 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 10:27 PM
Lol Selly.. You're gonna let me take the lead using 'early points!' YEA! cuz I certainly lack talent... lol
Scholar
#453 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 11:23 PM
I didn't mean it like that Porky; you don't "lack talent" at all!
To be perfectly honest, I never expected to be getting such good scores - I'd barely touched photo-editing beyond simple cropping before this, just making sim family trees (and not brilliant ones at that) I'd followed a GIMP tutorial adapted to my own software... I'd always been impressed by what others had made, and thought mine were basic by comparison!

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#454 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 12:31 AM
I've never scrapbooked before so I learned a lot. I am surprised my scores ar as good as they are. I lacked a lot of digital elements for the pages. What I think is funny is the pages I lied best scroed least and the pages I thought were YUCK scored well. So much for opinions. ;0) Of course I'll make my personal family scrapbook to suit myself and if my relatives go YUCK, they can replace the pages with their own artwork.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#455 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 12:32 AM
I've never scrapbooked before so I learned a lot. I am surprised my scores ar as good as they are. I lacked a lot of digital elements for the pages. What I think is funny is the pages I liked best scored least and the pages I thought were YUCK scored well. So much for opinions. ;0) Of course I'll make my personal family scrapbook to suit myself and if my relatives go YUCK, they can replace the pages with their own artwork.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#456 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 8:05 AM
Here are your scores from our final round, Prom/Graduation!

Congratulations to Selly, our Round Winner! Also congrats to porkypine and InesMarie who tied with the next highest score! That concludes our contest!

In 1st place, our contest winner, and proud new owner of a spiffy blue ribbon icon is Selly_2009 with a grand total of 92! 91+1/100 (273/300)!

In 2nd place is porkypine with an equally impressive score of 91.6! 83+8/100 (251/300)! While we have been rounding most of the scores this contest, I went back to the original unrounded to make up the final scores and with all the bonus points, porky almost caught up to Selly, but not quite. It was a very close race!

In 3rd place is InesMarie with another very close score of 89! 83+6/100 (249/300)! This truly was anyone's competition! We had some very good spreads the last few rounds.

In 4th place we have jones7659, while she didn't enter the final round, her previous great scores carried her to the finish line with a 70.6! 67.7+3/100 (203/300)!

In 5th place is leah10006 with a score of 70.3! 67.3+3/100 (202/300)!

In 6th place is Croutonian, who also didn't finish, and due to a few late rounds costing her her rightful place as one of our top placers, with a score of 61.6! 67.6-6/100(203/300)!

In 7th place is kisses-for-yooh, also another early drop out, but her excellent scores in the rounds she did enter earned her 55! 53+2/100 (159/300)!

In 8th place is aUserName, the final contestant who finished out the contest, with a score of 53.6! 54.6-1/100 (164/300)!

In 9th place is kateisl33t, another early withdrawn contestant who earned 44.3! 41.3+3/100(124/300)!

In 10th place is PixelDollyLover, who, in her single round, earned 15.6! 15.6/100 (47/300)!

Congratulations to all the contestants, regardless of how long you were able to participate. This was a long and hard contest and you should be proud of what you have achieved. Thank you all for being part of the first contest I have ever run, and I promise you, if I run another, I'll do it even better next time
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#457 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 12:24 AM
Congratulations Selly! You won fair and square. :0) Now hand over that ribbon. (just joking,)

Thanks Phae for holding this contest. I hope my scrapbooking skills improved a little.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#458 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 5:53 AM
I really think everyone's image editing skills have improved. Now you should be able to take what you've learned and practiced with here and apply it to other kinds of image editing, like making clothes or object textures.
Test Subject
#459 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 5:54 AM
Lovely contest! sadly I came here very late but congrats everyone! you all did so well =]
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#460 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 12:23 PM
Congrats, Selly - and everyone else! :D

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#461 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 1:42 PM
Well done Selly and also thanks Phae for doing this contest and to all the judges

************ Leah****************
See my Blog https://lolasimsposts.tumblr.com/
Scholar
#462 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 10:28 PM
I'd had the perfect post just about ready to be submitted, then my laptop screen went kaput once more!

Anyway, I'll see how much of it I can remember...

Quote:
I'd not been online (other than via my BB) for a few days, so hadn't seen that the final scores had been posted.
Sees result and jaw drops to the floor

Thanks guys! Accepts ribbon from Phae and after reading Porky's post, teases by dangling it in front of her, just out of reach. Sorry Porky, just couldn't resist!

I truly didn't expect to win - there were some amazing spreads out there. As I said in a previous post, it's been a very close-run contest, and I've seen pages that I felt were better than mine. However it wasn't me who needed convincing. Well done to everyone for making it a success.

Also, big thanks to Phae for hosting (and judging) the contest, as well as the other judges.

Steps down from winner's podium, pins ribbon to profile page, then runs back to her sims, who are feeling rather neglected after a week of being 'ignored'.
What? My gaming lappy's been with a techie friend all week in the hope of being repaired (I can't connect to the Net on it) - I'm Sims-deprived!

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#463 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 11:49 PM
Congratulations to the our winner, contestants and judges alike! I've been keeping an eye on this contest and am really impressed with what everyone put out there! Thank you judges for the time and effort you put in as well. Thank goodness it wasn't for TS3 as well because I would have had my butt handed to me! :D

Successful thread being closed and locked. Congratulations again everyone!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."

Page 19 of 19