Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:12 PM Last edited by heaven : 1st Dec 2011 at 3:53 PM.
Default TS2 Calendar: Chat Thread
This is the official chat thread for our Calendar Contest!

Here you can post chatty stuff about the contest like:
  • Awesome! I want to join!
  • ”The entries are great! My favorite is Simmer1234’s entry for March!”
  • Various other chattery type things - but please do not spam! Remember, we have a Private Message system so this thread is not for conversations you could easily have via PM or IM.

You can also post:
  • Pictures for a third, fourth, etc entry - you're only allowed two months/official entries per person, but if you have more shots, post them here!
  • If your month fills up before you get a chance to enter it, post your pictures for everyone to see!
  • If you don’t want to compete for various reasons but still want to share your pictures.
  • If you have pictures that don't meet the requirements, but still want to share.

Please remember to BE NICE! - You can post comments on the entries but don't be mean about it. Positive stuff or nicely-put constructive comments only! Remember, the main point of this contest is FUN!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Helptato
#2 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 4:44 PM
It was so funny when I took the picture of my entry- I moved the Oldies in to a lot and made Herb get a social bunny and made him fight with it. Coral had this look on her face that I don't know if was cheering him on or embarrassed that her husband was fighting with a imaginary bunny! Plus he lost but somehow got 1000 aspiration points XD

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 6:15 PM
Aww, the bunny is CUTE! :>

I'm going to take part in this contest Actually it'll by my first one to participate here :>
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 11:00 PM
Liv, yay for contest newbies! And sparkle, that just makes me giggle.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 11:42 PM
July.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 1:24 PM
Here comes another newbie :]

Hey, cool snapshot Lee!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 3:44 PM
Thank MAB-2000 - thats actually a really sad picture in a way - its from my old (lost forever cos PC was STOLEN) hood Simton. They were having their 5 November Bonfire Party. (Gotta be a Brit I think - look up Guy Fawkes Night)

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Helptato
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 3:58 PM
That was such a cute picture Lee- sorry to hear that you never got your computer back

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 7:09 PM Last edited by ShineShine : 3rd Dec 2011 at 10:19 AM.
August
I'm also a newbie and enjoyed it a lot Hope to see a lot of pictures; it's a great idea!!

Well, but I am actually confused. Everyone is only allowed to post two pictures? And we can't edit our post and insert a better shot of the same image? Because now there are some tips I didn't know of and now I feel my picture is a little less beautiful than I thought at the beginning.

Please feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes. I want to improve my English. Thanks! - My website
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 9:11 AM
Sparklycookie - hah, random aspiration points for the win! :3

Leesester - your entry is adorable. Such fun they're having :D

ShineShine - I love the overall pink colour to your image, gives it a really nice mood. And the landscaping is gorgeous!

DigitalSympathies - what sweeties! Hurr hurr, someone looks a little sunburnt XD I love that you took the picture at night

wgroome - My, my. That picture is absolutely beautiful. So inspiring and romantic!

So I'm thinking I should enter, but so far I have absolutely no idea what to photograph, plus I'm still getting my head around this whole northern hemisphere thing *derp*
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 8:24 PM
I really like everybody's entries so far! I'd love to join, but my brain refuses to come up with any ideas. So I'll just watch and cheer everybody on.
Scholar
#12 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 12:04 AM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 6th Dec 2011 at 7:10 PM.
My internet is being a pain in the rear end, but an official entry for September is enroute, as well as the unqualified December entry.

ETA: And now that my internet is no longer being a PITA...

Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 8:34 PM
lovelyrayaallday - great idea to picture your sims out of the house, right after they're done with decorating...my advise...not enough space...move the tables backwards, and add some snow (either with seasons or with a ground cover), this will make your entry more realistic. =)
Scholar
#14 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 8:37 PM
I'd enter for Christmas, but I live in the Southern Hemisphere . . . it's summer here! Ahh maybe I'll have a go, I was looking for an excuse to open TS2 today anyway!

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
27.11.08|17.12.08|24.06.09|06.06.10|24.07.10|19.11.2010
Kia Kaha
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 8:55 PM
I love ShineShine's picture and and Sparklycookie's picture.
What are your favourites?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#16 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:31 PM
The pissed off snowman makes yours, Amylet, just perfect .

...and I see Camp is following the newly-established tradition of Christmas violence.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:38 PM
Haha, yes, the ebil snowman makes me laugh.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:45 PM Last edited by Amylet : 7th Dec 2011 at 10:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
The pissed off snowman makes yours, Amylet, just perfect .

Thanks

When I saw how my sim made it, I laught too (I didn't use custom content ! ) So I used it in my pic...
Field Researcher
#19 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words.
I'm so glad there's no advertising for the contest. Now it's really lively over there. I'm looking forward to more pictures. :D

Please feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes. I want to improve my English. Thanks! - My website
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:27 PM
I've got a question...

If it's nearly the end of the month and if there isn't enough entries for a certain month, will it be possible to post than 2 entries? Will it be accepted?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:59 PM
Yes, that is something I am considering. We'll see what happens as we get further along. It is only the 7th. :P

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:07 PM
Ok, thanks for your answer

Quote: Originally posted by heaven
It is only the 7th. :P

mmmh...yes
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:13 PM
Hi, I'm trying to get a better picture but when I press print screen my PC captures the windows screen instead of the game screen. I'm using Windows 7, and I have enough RAM (3GB should be enough) So', If you guys could help. Oh, and I've posted a reply at the main Contest topic, I'm sorry, as I said there, Noob. But I'm a fast learner....
Field Researcher
#24 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:33 PM
You should get Fraps then
Google will give you the right link, just ask :D
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 7:23 PM
DigitalSympathies - I moved your bridge picture over here so people can still ooh and ahh over it.

Page 1 of 4