Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 6:44 AM Last edited by singing_Noel : 1st Feb 2011 at 3:18 PM.
Default Miss Role Model - Sim City - | CLOSED |

Miss Role Model
-Sim City-

Welcome to Miss Role Model Sim City, a competition where we find Sim City’s ultimate, all around, female role model. In a day and age when girls grow more and more insecure with their appearance and their personality, we are determined to find an inspiring young woman who they can look up to, and one day even aspire to be.

Do you think you have what it takes to be the next Miss Role Model?

It won’t be an easy road, but it will certainly be a rewarding one.

QUALIFICATIONS

Since this is a misses contest, we cannot accept any applications from married contestants, previously divorced contestants, or contestants with children.

1. You must be a resident of Sim City
2. You don’t have to be human
3. You must be between the ages of 18-25

RULES

Like always, respect the forum rules and regulations first and foremost.

1. Respect the judges and other contestants.
2. Refer any questions or concerns regarding the contest by PM to the contest host so they may be answered properly and promptly.
3. Keep chatter to a minimum.
4. Photoshop/photoediting is allowed, but SimManipulation is NOT.
5. Poseboxes/mods are allowed, but SimPosing is NOT.

EXPECTATIONS

You will be judged by a criteria set by the host. Keep these in mind when submitting your application and round entries.

There will be no eliminations.

ROUND 1

1. Beauty - 0/5
2. Personality - 0/5
3. Individuality - 0/5
4. Impression- 0/10
5. Completion - 0/10

ROUND 2-4

1. Beauty - 0/5
2. Personality - 0/5
3. Individuality - 0/5
4. Consistency - 0/10
5. Completion - 0/10

Expect to turn in three photos per round, and a 3 sentence minimum for each photograph ( with the exception of the application round’s HEADSHOT and BODYSHOT photos. )

HOST

Miss Role Model
Sim City

Dakota Brand

Hi everybody, it’s hard to believe it’s been a year already, which means it’s time to crown a new Miss Role Model Sim City. Now I will tell you, my heels aren’t going to be easy to fill, but if you happen to be the lucky young lady to replace me, you will become part of a long line of Miss Role Models and official Role Models for Girls Foundation ambassadors.

The road doesn’t end with the competition however, it only just begins as you take on the responsibilities every Miss Role Model has to every girl in the country. You’ll travel nationwide helping needy young girls, advocating proper education for teenage girls, helping create careers for young women just like you, and speaking to politicians to get them involved in the foundation and it’s mission statement.

You are here to inspire an entire generation of girls to break down barriers of society so they may become roles models themselves for our future generation.

So, do you have what it takes?

JUDGES

You will be judged by two guest judges and the contest host. They all won’t be easy to please, but they’re here to help you succeed, not watch you crash and burn.

1. kaylarox
2. hotaru801
3. singing_Noel

For those interested in being a judge or emergency judge, please PM the contest host.

ITINERARY

There will be an application round, and 3 main rounds. They will all be judged with the contest criteria. However, there will also be extra credit assignments you may take advantage of if you’d like some additional points to stay ahead, help the judges know more about you, and help you know more about yourself.

1. Meet the Role Models DEADLINE: Tuesday, February 1st 6:00 am Central US
2. Career Girl
3. Modern Princess
4. Dream Weaver

ENTRIES

You will be expected to submit each entry in completion by it’s set deadline. Extensions will only be given out on a case by case basis.

You will also be told whether to crop your pictures in either a portrait form or a landscape form, and whether you’re required to use a specific background. So be sure to read the entry breakdowns THOUROUGHLY. You will be deducted points if you don’t follow the round rules to the letter.

This will be updated every time a new round begins.

1. Meet the Role Models

- PHOTOS -

1 HEADSHOT ( portrait on white background )
1 BODYSHOT ( portrait on white background )
1 FREESHOT showcasing something you like to do on your spare time ( landscape )

- STORY -

Name: I think we all know this one doesn’t need an explanation.
Hometown: Where were you born, or where did you live before you moved to Sim City?
Education: Where did you go to school? Did you go to college? What was your major?
Bio: Tell us about yourself in 3 sentences or more.

Why do you think you should be Sim City’s next Miss Role Model?

: USEFUL DOWNLOADS :

SOLID BLACK + WHITE WALLS + FLOORS

http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...6&topic=32071.0

: TIPS :

HEADSHOT

Try to find the perfect lighting for your face, not everybody looks good in broad daylight.

BODYSHOT

Pose conservatively, but not too conservatively. Though be sure to remember we aren‘t looking for fashion models, we’re looking for role models. Think more Sears catalogue as opposed to Vogue.

CONTESTANTS

Courtney Lamont by Lil'B
| RI |
Rebecca Middleton by lauretje86
| RI |
Kahone Hisui by vhanster
| RI |
Irene Rogers by TheCreeper
| RI |

PRIZES

‘Cause a competition isn’t fun unless you actually win something.

: WINNER :

Pegasus Park

: RUNNER UP :

Pegasus Park

: SECOND RUNNER UP :

Pegasus Park

Donations are more than welcome. Please PM the contest host if you're interested.
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 6:44 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 1.22.11
Ends 2.22.11
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 9:42 AM
Okay, I'm checking in. So this contest thread is officially open.

^ ^
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 2:46 PM
Courtney Lamont

Name: Courtney Elizabeth Lamont
Hometown: Vancouver, Canada
Education: Sim City University, Majored in Literature

Bio: Hello, I’m Courtney! I’m a 21 year old Interior Designer, who originated from Vancouver, Canada. Although I studied Literature as a major I had always wanted to be an interior designer, however I started off working in a newsagents as a cashier – not one of my best career choices! I graduated university and immediately travelled to Sim City to make my ‘Dreams come True.’ I moved into a small apartment and started to search for places where I could start working, it just so happened that just down the road there was a interiors shop called “Interiors4you” which although not an amazing business was a good starting point. Eventually I reached the top of my career, which meant that I was to start a business of my own. I got several good reviews and before I knew it business was booming – literally! Currently, I work from home on my trusty laptop and occasionally going to design briefs (which I was required to go to.) I think life has been kind to me so far but I think this contest could take me even further. When I was younger I watched the Miss Role Models and aspired that one day I would be just like that, now is my chance!

Why I should be on Sim City’s next Miss Role Model?
I think that because of my life experience, with people and hard work, I could show people that just because you choose that you want to be something or someone does not mean that it will happen. You should take life as it comes! I think the contest will give me a chance to be the person that I always wanted to be.

Lil'B's Notes: Heyy! I hope thats ok. If its not give me a shout and I will change anything neccessary Thanks

xX Furuba all the way Xx
xX Miss World EVEN FURTHER!! Xx
Check out the contest site at http://sims2missworld.weebly.com
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 6:24 PM
Gloria Gyan

HEADHOT[IMG][/IMG]
BODYSHOT [IMG][/IMG]

FREESHOT [IMG][/IMG]

Name: Gloria Gyan
Hometown: London, England
Education: Kingston Uni, Majorinh in Psychology

Bio: My name is Gloria and just recently moved to Sim City. I was born and brought up in London and studied at Kingston University, majoring in Psychology. After that I tried finding a stable job, but in this day and age finding a job is difficult, so I ended up being a part-time waitress. But I now have my eyes on being Miss Role Model 2011.

Why should I become Sim City's next Miss Role Model?
I am a very happy and easy going person. I never think of the worst and when others are down I always help them up.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 10:19 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 24th Jan 2011 at 2:53 PM.
Default Rebecca Dawn Middleton (Lauratje86) - Round 1

Name: Rebecca Dawn Middleton
Hometown: I was born in Oxford, England, but grew up in a small town near Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Occupation: I am a professional falconer at SimCity Bird of Prey Centre
Education: I studied Raptor Biology at the University of Bath, England

Bio: I was born in Oxford, a small city in England, but when I was 12 I moved to the Netherlands with my parents and my younger brother and sister, Jack and Alicia. We all struggled to settle there, and when I finished school I chose to move back to the UK to study. I have always loved nature and the outdoors, so I wanted to study something related to that. I originally planned to study Landscape Gardening, but a few months before my course started I went on an experience day at a local Falconry Centre and I was hooked! I was very lucky as I managed to get a place on a course to study Raptor Biology, and I loved every minute of it. The owner of SimCity Bird of Prey Centre read my dissertation, about human-animal interaction between members of the public and Harris' Hawks, and offered me a job. I jumped at the chance, even though it meant moving abroad again, and I'm so glad I did..... I am really enjoying my job - my favourite part of it is showing groups of school pupils around the centre. My favourite bird at the centre isn't actually a bird of prey; he's a raven named Quoth. As you can see on the photo, he and I get on pretty well!

I love nature, and am passionate about the environment, and I enjoy helping others to understand why! The state of the environment is very important to the public nowadays, and I often visit schools and colleges to explain to the pupils what they can do to make a difference. I love learning new things, and once I've learned them I relish the opportunities I have to pass them on to others. I truly believe that I could make a difference in people's lives if I was SimCity's Miss Role Model 2011, and I would love to have the chance to do so!
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 11:49 PM Last edited by pandoransark : 24th Jan 2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Additional question
Is this contest for only Sims 2 or 3, or for both?
Also, are we limited to one entry?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 12:53 AM Last edited by singing_Noel : 24th Jan 2011 at 1:20 AM.
I'm glad to see some entries coming in, and I have to say I'm very impressed.

^ ^

Though I will say some of you may want to reread the rules for the expected format of your application pictures. I'm willing to help however via PM if you'd like some clearing up on your application pictures, since I'd hate to deduct anybody points with how well you all are doing so far.

Otherwise, everything else is looking super.

pandoransark: This is only a Sims 2 contest, since I don't believe combination contests are allowed in the contests section anymore. Plus, including both would create disadvantages on both sides for very different reasons, which I'm sure we'd all rather do without.

I wish I could say entering two contestants would also be allowed, but because we don't have eliminations it would be unfair to the other contestants who only have one chance of placing in the top three.

: <

Sorry again.

Now since we have three entries so far, it's time to set a deadline on application entries.

Friday January 28th

In the case you enter but don't complete your application in it's entirety in time, you will be allowed to continue, and will still be judged. However, you will be deducted points depending on the missing content. So try to be punctual.

EDITS

RULES section - new rules added
CONTESTANTS section - all current contestants added
ITINERARY section - application deadline added

Please refer to these edits on the main post if you haven't already.
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 1:14 AM
Alright. Thanks for letting me know. If you ever run this for Sims 3, I'd love to participate.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 2:02 AM
OoOoOOooo GO LIL'B hehehehe - Finally good to see another contest actually, its been a while.

If you need me to judge or whatever flick me a PM

Oh I am such a fan of your sims noel lol shame we dont get to see them in this contest!

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Theorist
#11 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 2:17 PM
Kahone Hisui

Hometown: Tokyo, Japan
Education: Arizona State University , literature major

Bio:
My name is Kahone Hisui, an amateur novelist. As far as I can remember, I have lived in Tokyo, capital city of Japan. I went to an English International school there, and took interest in English literature. As time passes, my passion for English literature grew and after graduating from High School, I continued my studies in the US, Majoring in, of course, English Literature.

I'm a passionate reader, but I also lead a rich social life. I know a lot about the world's current situations and people, and I know how to deal with them

Theorist
#12 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by singing_Noel

pandoransark

I wish I could say entering two contestants would also be allowed, but because we don't have eliminations it would be unfair to the other contestants who only have one chance of placing in the top three.

You know, if you want to let contestants submit two entries (or more), you may, but make an "elimination" for the apps, that only the best entry of one user may continue to the next round.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 11:40 AM Last edited by singing_Noel : 26th Jan 2011 at 5:00 PM.
pandorasnark: I'll probably most likely be hosting a Sims 3 contest once this one is over. So be sure to keep an eye out.

kaylarox: I'm blushing. I would love to have you judge! I'll be sending you a PM soon.

^ ^

vhanster: Good job on your app entry. I'm really glad to see you joined, and as for your suggestion, I really appreciate it. Though I honestly would hate to eliminate anybody, 'cause I'd mainly like to keep everyone around to the end, but I'm going to leave it up to you guys. So if you'd like to put in a second entry, I'll allow it. Of course however, as long ya'll are aware only one will be continuing.

UPDATES

The deadline for apps remains the same. So let's get those in as soon as possible. I don't really expect us to reach ten contestants, but it would be nice.

To help, everyone is more than welcome to link their applications or even the contest thread ( if you aren't a contestant ) to their signatures, so we can get the word 'round. Plus, more contestants means more fun!

: D

We still need judges, and emergency judges if anybody is interested. So please PM me if you are.

I'm also going to be putting up some prizes today, but donations are still open and will remain open until the end of the contest. So if you're interested, please PM me, we'd all appreciate it greatly.

: }

Now I'm also thinking I'm going to be making avatars for our lovely contestants. So tell me if you guys are interested and I'll get cracking on those ASAP.

EDITS

RULES section - one rule deleted
CONTESTANTS - all current contestants added
Alchemist
#14 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 7:01 PM
Default Irene Rogers
Irene Rogers

Name: Irene Catherine Rogers

Hometown: Bradford, England

Education: University of Cambridge, Architecture Major

Bio: Born in Bradford, a small town in West Yorkshire, I lived there until the age of 18, when I moved to SimCity. What made me come here? The high salaries, the friendly people and the fact that my aunt offered me a free house, for which she pays the bill, so I thought that this was a chance I couldn't miss. I moved to SimCity, despite the insistences of my mother, who wanted to have me under her control, so I'd become a goody-two-shoes woman like her, but I'm a rebel, and I enjoy it.
As for my personality, I'm a really short-tempered person, but I enjoy a good joke, even if people make fun of me, I usually go along with it and have fun. I love animals, as I have a dog myself, named Chuck, who is, currently, my best friend.

Why should I be SimCity's Next Role Model? : Because I want to get out of anonymity, I want to become someone people will recognise on the street. I'm pretty sure it will help me become a famous architect, which is my lifetime wish.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 5:02 PM
TheCreeper: Thanks for joining, and with such a lovely app too. ^ ^

UPDATES

The deadline for apps remains the same.

EDITS

CONTESTANTS section - all current contestants added.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 6:31 PM
Sorry I'm pulling out of this comp- too much school work and exams
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 12:55 AM
I understand sikebg8. Still sad to see you go though.

: <
Theorist
#18 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 5:17 AM
@Singing_Noel: I think you should just extend the application round period. I don't think there'll be much of a competition if there's only 4 contestants. Not to mention that, based on past experiences, there might be people dropping out in the next rounds
Forum Resident
#19 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 6:51 AM
Actually I agree extend it, because people do drop out every five mintues.

Alchemist
#20 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 9:32 AM
I'm not gonna drop out, I'm sure of it. :P

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 2:08 PM Last edited by singing_Noel : 30th Jan 2011 at 2:23 AM.
vhanster & kaylarox: No worries guys, no worries. We have time to extend the app round. Now of course if we manage to get enough people to continue ( at least seven ), we will need to make sure we don't doddle throughout the contest. Still, maybe we'll get lucky and get an extra week if we run on too long.

^ ^

TheCreeper: I'm glad to hear that. Especially since I'd hate to see any of you go. Everyone of your contestants are so interesting I would really like to see them make it through to the end.

UPDATES

The new application round deadline is Monday, January 31st.

EDITS

ITINERARY section - new deadline.
JUDGES section - new judge added.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 4:39 PM
Oh god, the deadlines tommorrow! I shall try to get an application in by then, if not please can i be a judge? pm me if you need a an extra judge xxx

Are you questionning my badassness? I <3 Glee GO TEAM PUCK :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 5:56 PM
MaydayParade: We could really use another contestant if you could get your app in by midnight my time tomorrow. Especially since I don't really plan to continue this contest unless we can get at least 5 people by deadlin. No pressure though or anything.

XD

I hate to close this contest 'cause we're a person short, but it wouldn't really be fun if we didn't have enough people.

UPDATES

The deadline for apps remains the same.

Like I mentioned earlier, if we don't get enough contestants by tomorrow, I'm going to have to close this contest for lack of interest. Which really sucks 'cause I was really hoping we could have been able to continue. So please people let's try to get those apps in.

EDITS

JUDGES section - one new judge added.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 8:24 PM
If my computer wasnt dead I would join myself, but it doesnt charge so no sims for me lol. and I dont think the time thing is a big issue mine went for like 2 weeks longer then it was ment to.....

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 2:18 PM
I totally understand kaylarox. ^ ^

Time really isn't an issue for me either, when it comes to this contest, but it's been a week, and we've already had one person drop out. So I honestly don't see this contest happening.

I am continuing the deadline for apps until tonight midnight my time, so I'm still hoping we get lucky and someone joins. Though I don't really want to get my hopes up either.

I do have some good news though. Supposing this one doesn't work out, I've decided the next time I try to run a contest, it will probably be a Sims 3 contest. So no worries, in a sense I'm not really giving up. Plus, I have a big parting gift for everyone who has joined, so no one will leave empty handed or unfulfilled.

Thanks to everyone who joined, and to all my judges!

^ ^

Page 1 of 2