Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9276 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
One time the apartment above us had a toilet overflow that poured down through our light fixture into our hallway.

ohmygosh.

Charity, I know right.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Scholar
#9277 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 8:53 AM
In NZ we have low water levels in the loo bowl like Europe and OZ.
Seems again that america is rather different compared to nearly everywhere else.
I have seem some american toilets the first time i thought it was clogged up. The second was a public loo that had been stuff with unmentionables and overflowed all over the tiled flooring... excuse me while I dry heave.

Back on topic
Umm... more fish to catch from ponds and or ocean option? Sims 2 castaway for concole had a massive number of fish including eels, different species of cod, speckled grooper, chub, mako sharks and even llamafish. All from the sea but still would have been nice.
Mad Poster
#9278 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 8:06 PM
Hobby magazines should be included on magazine racks. Perhaps take into an account once respective one gets unlocked once a sim gains at least one enthusiasm point in the said hobby.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9279 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Some people have said that their Sim has found out about a cheating spouse through gossip. If it happens, it's rare, and it shouldn't be.

I'd like my Sim to be able to catch someone cheating and then go tell others about it and have them react to it.

==========
And on that note, a man should know when the baby is not his! And how come an elder woman can't be a mother, but an old guy moments from death can father a child! And since when do dogs and cats care who they breed with, or have to be told to do so?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#9280 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And how come an elder woman can't be a mother, but an old guy moments from death can father a child!

I mean this one is basically how it works irl so.
Inventor
#9281 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Some people have said that their Sim has found out about a cheating spouse through gossip. If it happens, it's rare, and it shouldn't be.

I'd like my Sim to be able to catch someone cheating and then go tell others about it and have them react to it.

I have... sort of seen this? One time when poking about with Pleasantview, I engineered it so that Cassandra caught Don cheating with Dina before the wedding. As expected, she became furious and I had her break up with him. I then sent her to interact with her father Mortimer. I noticed the option Bad Mouth and decided to try it out. If I recall correctly, it was Dina she ended up bad mouthing. I heard the sound of a sim falling out of love and checked Mortimer's memories. Even though he wasn't engaged to Dina, he was furious with her (and I think Don as well). I don't recall now if he had a memory of catching Dina cheating or not, but it was pretty interesting that whatever Cassandra had told him triggered him to fall out of love and be furious with Dina. Unfortunately, with the way the situation was set up, it could have been he was angry with her for being the one Don cheated with and hurting Cassandra.
Mad Poster
#9282 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Unfortunately, with the way the situation was set up, it could have been he was angry with her for being the one Don cheated with and hurting Cassandra.

Tbh if I found out my child's fiance had cheated on them, I'd be pretty furious with both their fiance and whomever the fiance had cheated with.

Also, I think the "Bad Mouth" interaction, if accepted, lowers relationship with the person being bad-mouthed. So it might simply have been that which caused him to fall out of love with Dina.
Mad Poster
#9283 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And on that note, a man should know when the baby is not his!

You want Chris Hatch's "Pregnancy Relationship Change"
https://simfileshare.net/folder/22481/

Inventor
#9284 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Tbh if I found out my child's fiance had cheated on them, I'd be pretty furious with both their fiance and whomever the fiance had cheated with.

Also, I think the "Bad Mouth" interaction, if accepted, lowers relationship with the person being bad-mouthed. So it might simply have been that which caused him to fall out of love with Dina.

It does lower it, but it would not have been enough to make him fall out of love since they were at full STR/LTR. I've since had other sims Bad Mouth others and the drop was never that severe with just one interaction nor did anyone become furious with the person being bad mouthed (I've not yet had another cheating scenario like this). Being Furious, however it's triggered, will usually cause sims to fall out of love with the one they're furious with.
Field Researcher
#9285 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 9:17 AM
*New idea* How about a mod that changes how many personality points to dole out in CAS? This may have been mentioned already, but I just can't read through 380 pages of posts to find it. What if I want somebody who's extremely lazy, sloppy, mean, etc . . . with no good points to mitigate any of it? Or the opposite: somebody who is extremely active and neat, etc? Does such a mod exist? I've never heard of it.

To paraphrase someone who's name I can't remember: "A person without any vices is bound to have some pretty annoying virtues."
Mad Poster
#9286 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 9:34 AM
Does enabling the debug mode work for that in CAS? Once they're moved in, with testing cheats enabled you can drag the points up and down all you want.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#9287 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Does enabling the debug mode work for that in CAS? Once they're moved in, with testing cheats enabled you can drag the points up and down all you want.

Do you mean the TestingCheatsEnabled cheat? Is that what you mean by Debug mode?
Lab Assistant
#9288 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 11:39 AM
I know it's pretty much impossible, but i would love if there was a way to add new aspirations and lifetime wishes.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9289 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 11:55 AM
Well, lifetime wants you can make yourself, write down in the sims bio and make them platinum once they achieve it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#9290 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
I know it's pretty much impossible, but i would love if there was a way to add new aspirations and lifetime wishes.

@thewrittenletter

There are a couple of mods that enable a LTW for some careers: Artist, Paranormal, Show Business, and Natural Science. One is by Pescado on MATY and the other is by Squinge on InSIMenator.org

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#9291 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 8:43 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 2nd Nov 2018 at 10:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
Do you mean the TestingCheatsEnabled cheat? Is that what you mean by Debug mode?

After testingcheats are enabled, shift+m or shift+n (forgot which) enables debug mode in CAS which unlocks some of the outfits and skins and such.

Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter

For LTWs, I once did some experimenting and was able to set any available want as the LTW, even dumb stuff like "Talk to another sim." It seemed to work in-game but didn't do really extensive testing with it. Once modders manage to crack open how to make new wants and fears, things will get good.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#9292 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 11:36 PM
I would like sims to be a genie like they can be a witch

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Forum Resident
#9293 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
It does lower it, but it would not have been enough to make him fall out of love since they were at full STR/LTR. I've since had other sims Bad Mouth others and the drop was never that severe with just one interaction nor did anyone become furious with the person being bad mouthed (I've not yet had another cheating scenario like this). Being Furious, however it's triggered, will usually cause sims to fall out of love with the one they're furious with.

I'm not sure how all this works, because I know I didn't use the badmouth option in my predicament...

Little background: Angela and Dustin (in my game) were truly made for each other, and wound up finding their Happily Ever After. But when they were teens, Angela took a strong "big-sisterly" liking to Beau, and he loved the attention from his big brother's girlfriend. It made him feel special, while his mom was busy with his new baby brother. So they were always close, but never romantically inclined towards each other.

Angela invited Dustin over a lot (even though her father didn't like him) and they allowed Beau to tag along, frequently. Mary-Sue just thought he was SO adorable. They became good friends, and he would even stop over after school, long after Angela and Dustin went off to college.

Eventually, Beau went off to college, but over one break, he decided to come home and visit his family, and dropped in on Mary-Sue, to say hello. I believe it was after Daniel had passed away. Well... she just thought he was SO sweet, and... unfortunately, she developed a major crush on him. He never had any mutual feelings for her.

Now, many years later in life, he's an adult, and I discovered Angela is ALWAYS pissed off at him! I am CONSTANTLY having to repair his relationship with Angela, and I could never tell why! Everything was fine between him and Dustin, and everything's great with his niece and nephew. But Angela kept getting pissed off at him.

Turns out, she somehow got upset because she felt that Beau was "cheating" on his mother, when he'd be spotted downtown, on dates. Whether Angela was there or not, and whether Mary-Sue was there or not (she ALWAYS got a broken heart whenever Beau kissed his date).

And Angela was FURIOUS! Even when she recovered from her furious state, her relationship with Beau would still be very, very low and take a TON of work to make them friends again. She wound up besties with Gordon King, who broke into her house and robbed her, and never spoke to her again... But keeping her relationship with Beau tight is very, very challenging!

Don't know how that works with the jealousy by-proxy coding in the game. But I can tell you, Lilith Pleasant couldn't give two shits, and she's the bitch of the family!

EDITED TO ADD:
- Regarding personalities, you can always edit them in SimPE. I always thought there was no good reason to disallow a sim to be completely unbalanced to one side or the other. Who really cares? The personality mixes won't cause anybody or anything to explode. The points limit was just dumb.

-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#9294 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:35 AM
about sims being genies; the genie is one of the universal characters.
not sure if becoming any universal character is program-able in this game. though there are various ways for universal look-a-likes.
Mad Poster
#9295 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:59 AM
I'm pretty sure no one wants to make a playable actually be a universal...but TS3 has playable genies, with a small selection of "genie spells."
Mad Poster
#9296 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 1:03 AM
I wonder if it could be done with a controller. "Grant wishes" to other Sims (gives them an aspiration boost, and a relationship boost too).

Top Secret Researcher
#9297 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 1:27 AM
I wonder if it could be done with a controller. "Grant wishes" to other Sims (gives them an aspiration boost, and a relationship boost too).

I would love that

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#9298 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 2:10 AM
"Grant wishes" to other Sims (gives them an aspiration boost, and a relationship boost too).

Inventor
#9299 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 3:37 AM
@grinevilly , if you don't have any mods that adjust jealousy or romance, then what you're experiencing is likely due to Maxis' weird coding. According to the wiki : It is noteworthy that a Sim can hold romantic feelings for another Sim without those feelings being reciprocated. Sims will become jealous if their "partner" is unfaithful, even if the partner does not view the jealous Sim romantically. Thus, a Sim can become jealous even if there is no actual romantic relationship between the two Sims.

Mary Sue views Beau as her "partner", even though he doesn't reciprocate those feelings. Angela is furious on her mother's behalf that Beau is being "unfaithful". While the situation I witnessed in my own game may or may not have been a 'discover cheating by gossip' scenario, yours seems a more likely candidate. At the very least, Angela considers Beau to be in a relationship with her mother.

Occasionally, some people do have a glitch where their sims ends up engaged or married to another sim, even though the player never directed it to happen and it can be one-sided. So that's also a possibility. I believe the players that posted about it used SimPE to remove the engaged/married flags.
Forum Resident
#9300 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 4:31 AM
Thanks for that insight, Devon! Yes, Mary-Sue has hearts galore for Beau, and i'm sure that if he ever engaged in a romantic interaction with her, he'd be swelling with hearts as well. Their relationship is normally in the 80s to 100 range, STR and LTR. She often follows him home from work, which can be pesky when he's trying to score (he is a romance sim in my game).

I guess i'm just not sure why Angela gets so furious with him, while Lilith doesn't care. He was very good friends with Angela, his whole life. But then, i suppose it's likely because Angela is way closer to Mary-Sue than Lilith ever was, which would explain why she's less angry on her mother's behalf.

I hadn't been looking for it, so I'm not certain if Angela has ever even seen Beau out on a date. She's never slapped him for it or confronted him in any way. I don't know how word gets back to her and makes her angry. Mary-Sue has "caught" him "cheating" in the past. Maybe 3 or 4 times. Cant figure out how word gets back to Angela.

I'm not saying it's not the case, but it would seem illogical that a woman would be upset at her considerably younger brother-in-law, for breaking her elderly, widowed mother's heart... I mean, if my mom wanted to date my much younger in-law, i'd be like, "mom, knock it off! that's gross!" But i guess that's why those little buggers make us laugh.

-gE
>=)
Page 372 of 580