Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 3:45 PM
Default CC skins/eyelashes show up but not hair etc.?
So, I have a problem. I have downloaded some skins and eyelashes and they show up in my game and work. I know all the basics to downloading stuff, though with sims 4 I might still be a bit of a newbie (have played Sims 3 and downloaded lots of CC). But yes, to the problem - I downloaded some hairs on The Sims resource, I am sure they were for Sims 4, and the mesh needed was included (and it can't be about the specific hair just working because they worked just well in my friend's game) BUT they did not show up in the game. I have tried to search for the answer online, but couldn't really find anything since it's not all of the CC that won't work, since the skins and eyelashes do work. Help would be much appreciated and I can try to provide more information if necessary (also apologies for grammar mistakes, English isn't my first language).
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 1:51 AM
I suggest reading the creator's instructions again? Maybe you need a separate mesh for the hair? Creator's do that sometimes, but they always tell you in the description if you need the mesh from somewhere else.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 6:27 PM
As I mentioned, the mesh was in fact included, so that cannot be it. And they work well with my friend, though she did everything the same.
Inventor
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 8:00 PM
The only other reason I can think about is that the hairstyles maybe weren't base game compatible and needed some EP / GP / SP which you don't have?