Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#76 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 11:17 PM
@Vivitalia Do you want to change to November before I add your entry to the table?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:02 AM
Default Submission Entry June

Month: june
Theme: Beach fun and well hot guys..
Test Subject
#78 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 7:43 AM
@Karen Lorraine Yes, I edited my post Thank you for waiting!
Test Subject
#79 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:37 AM
Default No shave November

This is my photo for November, it's no shave November / Movember Hope you like it ^-^
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#80 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:38 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 30th Nov 2015 at 8:35 PM.
A day at the beach.

Size fixed. July then.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#81 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 2:15 PM
@joandsarah77 - I noticed you used photobucket and thought maybe your settings might have something to do with the size of the picture changing. Do you have photobucket set to automatically re-size your uploaded pictures?

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#82 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 3:03 PM
@joandsarah77: June is summer, but July (and early August) tend to be hotter and usually when everyone goes to the beach to escape the heat. BTW, I like that you scooted over the seagull.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#83 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 5:58 PM
I've added the following entries to the table
@camals
@Options
@Vivitalia

Sorry but both of the following images are the wrong size.
@joandsarah77
@Sanypsia

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#84 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 8:16 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 30th Nov 2015 at 10:01 PM.
@Karen Lorraine I believe I fixed it. I have put it down for July.

@PenelopeT I don't know, how do I turn that off?

@Phaenoh Ha! You noticed that tiny edit, hope that is okay. Got to get it the correct size anyway.

Okay I believe I fixed it. For anyone else having issues this is how you alter your photobucket settings on picture size.
http://goinggreenandsavinggreen.blo...p-resizing.html
I thought my upload photos looked smaller than everybody else in the Download section for some time but I hadn't really bothered to investigate. photobucket had me set at 800 by 600.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#85 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:47 PM

My question is how do we pick a month? DO we just pick any month and make a picture? Representing the month because i was planning on doing July
Link Ninja
#86 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by djboss99
My question is how do we pick a month? DO we just pick any month and make a picture? Representing the month because i was planning on doing July

Yes, just take a sim pic representing July, and then add it to photobucket, imgur, or some other picture hosting site, and then link it here on this thread and say it is for July.

Edit: Also be sure it is the correct size.

Another Edit: Also post it by tonight because today is the last day to enter.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#87 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 10:30 PM
I get in by the skin of my teeth since it's December first over here.

~Call me Jo~
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 10:49 PM
Charmful is correct. You may pick any month that you like to represent, as long as it's not full (which doesn't look like it would be a problem).

@joandsarah77 - I added your entry to the table. As for the contest, it'll be left open until first thing tomorrow morning. I'm the one who opens/closes them and I don't want to close early (like when I go to bed) and I am not staying up into the wee hours of the morning until the last time zone enters Dec 1st.

Hear that everyone? You still probably have another 12 hours from when I am posting this to get entries in.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#89 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 7:19 AM Last edited by heaven : 2nd Dec 2015 at 12:06 AM.
September since it looked a little lonely.

Same family. I have no idea what American's do in September except I know it's Autumn and my fishermen fish year round.

~Call me Jo~
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 1:02 PM
@joandsarah77 - your second entry has been added

Contest is now closed! We'll post the results and goodies when we have them all ready! Thank you everyone for participating!

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#91 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 8:04 PM
Default February
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#92 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 12:55 AM
seigyoku53227 the contest is already closed.

I know I am being impatient but do we have any kind of time frame for when the results will be announced? And will we get helpful feedback from the judges like we do in build and decorating contests?

~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#93 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
seigyoku53227 the contest is already closed.

I know I am being impatient but do we have any kind of time frame for when the results will be announced? And will we get helpful feedback from the judges like we do in build and decorating contests?

Last year we got answers around the first week of January but didn't get any sort of constructive remarks on the shots, just a congratulations post. I know the year before last there was a separate discussion thread where you could pre-submit shots you were considering to get feedback, I wish they'd bring that back as it was helpful.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 6:56 PM
I posted this in TS3 one so I'll post here as well. We normally don't announce until everything is ready. So we have to judge 3 contests, make 3 calendars, plus the achievements stickers. Normal time frame is to announce New Year's/Eve.

As for feedback, not this contest. There are always FAR too many entries between all of them to ask judges to give feedback. @Charmful, I didn't realize many people liked the discussion thread. We cut them and decided to allow some discussion of entries here to keep the threads more lively.

Link Ninja
#95 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I posted this in TS3 one so I'll post here as well. We normally don't announce until everything is ready. So we have to judge 3 contests, make 3 calendars, plus the achievements stickers. Normal time frame is to announce New Year's/Eve.

As for feedback, not this contest. There are always FAR too many entries between all of them to ask judges to give feedback. @Charmful, I didn't realize many people liked the discussion thread. We cut them and decided to allow some discussion of entries here to keep the threads more lively.

Thanks for explaining, that makes sense to allow discussion on the same thread to keep it lively, but the one aspect that helpful was to submit entries and get feedback from the community. For example if someone had three shots and wanted to know which of three were best, or if they entered a shot they were considering for the contest and may have forgotten that build-mode was on and the grid was showing, someone would have pointed that out before they truly submitted it. Or perhaps someone from the southern hemisphere didn't quite know that northern hemisphere February wasn't as leafy as their image portrayed, they would have time to adjust it to match before being locked into that entry. I personally would have commented more on the entries in the thread if I had known we had more leeway to discuss them, but I figured that aspect was gone along with the discussion thread.

Test Subject
#96 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 8:59 PM
I love everything about every picture
Test Subject
#97 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 9:00 PM
But When are the results coming
Instructor
#98 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 9:11 PM
3 post up, heaven said "I posted this in TS3 one so I'll post here as well. We normally don't announce until everything is ready. So we have to judge 3 contests, make 3 calendars, plus the achievements stickers. Normal time frame is to announce New Year's/Eve."
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 7:58 PM
Winners are Announced!!!

Page 4 of 4