Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2015 at 3:13 PM
Default Here's Your Chance to Give Origin Your Opinion
When I loaded up Origin today, there was a survey about how likely I was to recommend Origin to others. It had a numerical rating field and a box for commentary. I put a lot into the commentary and thought you all would want a heads up so you could give them feedback, too. In addition to listing the negatives and positives of Origin, I gave them a wish list of what I'd like to see. It included asking for Sims 1 to be available for a download.

So here's your chance - them them what you think of them and what you want!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th May 2015 at 4:41 PM
I loaded up Origin and didn't see the survey. I think you must be special!!

Me? Obviously not so much. :-(
Scholar
#3 Old 17th May 2015 at 4:50 PM
I have seen this survey some times before.
I ignore it or give it 0-2 points... never left any comment.
Yeah, i don't like Origin at all!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2015 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
I loaded up Origin and didn't see the survey. I think you must be special!!

Me? Obviously not so much. :-(

I didn't get it either, but I don't own Sims 4 so maybe that's why?
That's the only way I can tell them what I think - by not buying Sims 4. Fortunately that won't be a hardship.
I have had Origin since it started and own a lot of Sims 3 stuff, but that probably counts for nothing.
#5 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:01 PM
I have Sims 4 but didn't get a survey.

My beef with Origin right now is the CD vs Origin and reinstall problem with DLC from the Sims 3 store. Their DRM software assumes anyone who reinstalls is a software pirate. Do no more dragon valley for me!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:14 PM
You're not "not special", you're all very special! It must be a random survey. I complained about Origin borking my Sims 3 game further and included in my wishes that the game would work and that I could still get things from the store. Sorry you couldn't add your voice, Stuart, Rose, and Honoka! Too bad this isn't a more inclusive survey. EA really needs to hear and consider our thoughts.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:18 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 17th May 2015 at 5:57 PM.
Maybe I just didn't get the survey yet. I'm sure they care what I think.

Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
I have Sims 4 but didn't get a survey.

My beef with Origin right now is the CD vs Origin and reinstall problem with DLC from the Sims 3 store. Their DRM software assumes anyone who reinstalls is a software pirate. Do no more dragon valley for me![

I haven't encountered that yet but I haven't reinstalled in a long time. Another fun thing to look forward to.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
When I loaded up Origin today, there was a survey about how likely I was to recommend Origin to others. It had a numerical rating field and a box for commentary. I put a lot into the commentary and thought you all would want a heads up so you could give them feedback, too. In addition to listing the negatives and positives of Origin, I gave them a wish list of what I'd like to see. It included asking for Sims 1 to be available for a download.

So here's your chance - them them what you think of them and what you want!

I think they send that out randomly - I've filled it in at least twice before.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#9 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:43 PM
CD vs Origin Install thing:

Yeah, if you install via CD, then buy custom content, and then re-install via Origin, (visa versa too!) some custom content on Sims 3 won't re-install, it gives a error about version updates that is an intentional red-herring.

Download and reinstall? Didn't work.
Updates like the error code says? Didn't work.
Took out all mods and tried downloads and version updates again. Didn't work.
I've tried buying ANOTHER copy (Dragon Valley Gold vs. Dragon Valley standard) from Sims3.com and it didn't work.
I've tried buying ANOTHER copy from Origin, and it didn't work.

The "EA Game experts" had me clean out the Windows registry and the DLC back-up and main directories, that didn't work. I didn't know that they charged for 'help'. I spent another $100 on EA help and it was ... worthless.

There's some software out there called "Decrappifier" that they claim removes the DRC locks in the DLC from Sims 3, but it is at best, adware and probably a Trojan.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:50 PM
Holy Carp! You're not supposed to pay for help to run their borked engine! They "helped" me for free, which lead to my game becoming unplayable.

I hadn't gotten to the point of reinstalling and was thinking it was my next move. I haven't been able to log into the launcher for the longest time which meant I couldn't get the pea-shooter thing. My son bought me a town for Christmas and, of course, I couldn't access it. I've worked on the problem with EA support before, but this time the tech had me update and repair my my game and ALL the expansions through Origin and then I couldn't even load the game. Some folks here have given me tips on how to access the game without the launcher or Origin which is great, but I still won't have the pea shooter or the town. Sucks. Now I'm not sure if I should reinstall or not now. Maybe I should just reinstall through Origin? Would that fix it? *Sigh*. Lousy lousy system.

No wonder they didn't ask you for your opinion. They could probably guess what it is.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:54 PM
Did you try the EA Live Chat? They've helped me in the past with launcher/origin issues and definitely didn't charge me.

I am seeing on Origin - "Ultima 8 is now On the House for a limited time." What a strange game to offer people - gee thanks I guess . Speaking of old games though I have been trying to get Dungeon Master that I downloaded from somewhere to work. My husband said he would recompile it, but he never had time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2015 at 6:55 PM
No, I tried the phone option and worked with a technician until my game stopped working and I needed to go to bed. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten back to it. It feels like a big deal so I haven't wanted to tackle it since there are already big deals in my life that seriously need my attention before a game. Sims 1, 2, & 4 are all much easier to access, so I play them. I'll get back to S3 some time.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 4:44 AM
I'd like them to fix at least some of the big glitchs just so that I can see my library in offline mode. Also if they could keep the sims 2 on there it would be great, I can't get it anywhere else anymore.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 10:15 AM
I tried to buy the new sim city on that and it would not accept ANY form of payment... No matter how I tried to pay for it whether it was my preloaded credit card or my actual credit card it said it was invalid... That is frustrating as hell. I even wrote a letter asking for an explanation but they emailed me instead asking for my phone number so they can call me back... But what it felt like is "We will call you when its convenient for us." That was the one and only time Ive ever tried to purchase anything through Origin and it will be the last.
Alchemist
#15 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 11:17 AM
Why would they actually care? It is fun though to show them my dislike, I suspect a lot of people click 0/wouldn't recommend
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Why would they actually care? It is fun though to show them my dislike, I suspect a lot of people click 0/wouldn't recommend

It wasnt a malicious letter or anything like that, all I asked was for a way I could buy the game and they offered no solution. That was the most disappointing part
Mad Poster
#17 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 5:32 PM
Always pains me that the people who gave us "read to sleep" and "console" were replaced by those who give us "you're all stupid, who cares what you think" and "You're all trying to steal" - and I picture the nasty beasties

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..