Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#201 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 8:21 PM
I haven't forgotten about you all, I've been waiting for scores. Still haven't heard anything from one judge, and just got a pm from another they don't have the time to to the final judging. I've pm-ed the EJ, hopefully this will be over soon.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
I haven't forgotten about you all, I've been waiting for scores. Still haven't heard anything from one judge, and just got a pm from another they don't have the time to to the final judging. I've pm-ed the EJ, hopefully this will be over soon.

No worries Kattenijin, I figured it'd be something like that..... Hope you get it sorted soon - for your sake as well as ours! :-)
Field Researcher
#203 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 7:16 PM
Hi guys, sorry for the delay in scoring this round. My chronic fatigue has been absolutely biting me in the backside, and I've barely been conscious the past couple of days. Certainly not awake enough to come up with coherent arguments and scores, anyway! I've managed to drag myself up today and have just sent my scores in. Some lovely houses - all of them an improvement on the previous version :lovestruc . And I'm sad that we lost Samethana, Cloudburst and hotari801 - you all had great houses before, and I'd have liked to see what you made of Round 4 .

Can't wait to see the final scores. I know who I think should win overall, but will the other judges agree?

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Forum Resident
#204 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 9:09 AM
Arghhhh sorry Im a bad ej havnt checked mts in a few days *slaps hands* I shall run off and do it now

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Scholar
Original Poster
#205 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 10:01 PM
Default Round 4 Scores!!!
Scores! (and I'll leave it at that!)
  • Lauratje86
    Colour plan is 100% better; I have a weakness for green.
    One problem I have is with the floor plan - HUGE waste of space on the bottom floor and odd shaped kitchen/dining. Top floor is too square shaped and everything seems to be placed too uniformly (especially the beds) You will get there eventually you are getting alot better. Things I also love are the back yard, and the sun room.

You wrote a story! Awesome! The conservatory is lovely, and the house seems much brighter than when everything was red, black and white. There is space for visitors, but it seems like you've spread the upstairs out too far. You could have kept a room for visiting grandchildren. The clutter makes it look like a real home, and the new garden is fantastic. I'd thought of the house as having a plant theme before, and now this has been extended further. Really, the only place I've taken off marks is for the wasted space upstairs.

A nice change to some bright greens yellows and blues do freshen up the house quite a bit. But the entire house being green, again, is a bit much. This house was well decorated and looked lived in. And the story matched the house.

Total 1: 73
    Total 2: 90
    Total 3: 60
    Average: 74.33
  • sandymdh
    I love the colours you used; however, for something that is a re-design, I feel you could have made more of an effort to change something on the outside. Over all it is a beautiful home.

An improvement on your Round 3 house – the kitchen/diner area is much nicer than it was. I wish you hadn't taken the Round 4 photos from the other way up, though – it made comparing the houses rather difficult! You've allowed plenty of space for day visitors, but only a single bed for overnighting grandchildren – do the couple still need three full bathrooms? Also the spare room is incredibly bland. The music area is lovely, but very small considering the grand piano – real people in this room would get deafened!

I'm glad you decided to tone you house down a bit, it fits a lot better now. I love the style of the rooms, but some of them feel quite small and cramped. It may have helped if you removed some walls, used half walls or arches.

Total 1: 85
    Total 2: 83
    Total 3: 83
    Average: 83.66
  • wickedblue
    I love the colour change, makes it warmer and more inviting. Not so sure about the seats near front door though. The hall could use an extra light. Over all a great job.

A big improvement on your original Round 2 house, which I found drab. The colours in this seem much brighter and more welcoming. You've considered that the original couple may well have guests over, allowing space for visitors – although keeping the table for 6 and having two single beds might be better for visiting grandchildren and great-grandchildren? Really love the study, and I want to know where you got that corner desk from.

Your house looks much better. The flow has increased a lot and everything seems to fit better. The colors were more muted and seemed to fit an older couple very well.

Total 1: 88
    Total 2: 75
    Total 3: 74
    Average: 79
  • Sulyuki
    Not much of a re-design, I would have liked to see the living room wall paper changed at least. Usually stairs are on the inside of the house, and you had room for them instead of the fire ploe .A gold star for trying something new though, hehe cracked me up. Love the sun room (sunroom fetish maybe?) LOVE gazebo.

This is a big improvement on your Round 3 house. The new garden is very beautiful, and you have rearranged the basement so that the rooms without windows are simply bathrooms, which can have lots of mirrors to compensate. You have retained space for many day visitors, but only one overnighting grandchild. However, now there is no upstairs bathroom at all, and the problem with the long walk outside needed to get from the basement to the upstairs living area remains! Not all sims have 10 in Athletic skill! I'd have moved the spare room downstairs and the TV room upstairs, so that sims would only need to go downstairs at night.

I think your house may have made one of the biggest improvements of all. Your theme seems very clear and apparent in almost every room. Better stairs however, would have been quite beneficial to your score.

Total 1: 75
    Total 2: 75
    Total 3: 78
    Average: 76
The top three scores for this round are:

#3: Sulyuki: 76
#2: wickedblue: 79
#1: sandymdh: 83.66

Congradulations to you all!

Scholar
Original Poster
#206 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 10:30 PM
Default Final Scores!
I took the average of each of the scores for the five rounds of the contest to reach the final score. If you missed a round, you got zero points for that round.

In acending order here are the top three scores:
  • lauratje86: 75.864
  • wickedblue: 79.062
  • sandymdh: 85.996

Congradulations to you all, and a big thanks to everyone who entered and everyone who judged. I hope to see you all again next time I run a contest. (Well, ok, maybe a few less judge changes, lol!)

If anyone not in the top three wants to know their exact score, please PM me and I'll let you know.

Inventor
#207 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 10:46 PM
Congratulations, sandymdh.

Thank you, kattenijin. I enjoyed this contest very much. And of course thanks to the judges.

For the judge that asked about the corner desk: http://www.simstreff.de/index.php?p...ead&threadID=11
It's the second post on that page.

kittens!
Mad Poster
#208 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 7:36 AM
Very well done sandymdh! :-) And well done to all of us who managed to submit entries for all the rounds! :-D

Thank you lots and lots kattenijin for hosting the contest! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I hope to see another one from you when you've recovered from hosting this one! :-D
Field Researcher
#209 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 1:59 PM
Congrats guys, wish I could have played the final round. Great job sandymdh! And to all of you!

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Field Researcher
#210 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 2:40 PM
Thanks everyone. Just a shame not everyone finished as was looking forward to see what you all came up with for the final round.
Thanks again to all the judges for giving up their free time and of course Kattenijin for not giving up on the contest even with all the stress involved!
Top Secret Researcher
#211 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 2:26 AM
Is this going to be placed into the Closed Contests forum?

ENTJ
Field Researcher
#212 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 12:08 AM
Aw, it's done?
It would be great if there was a post for each round showing the winners.

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
#213 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 12:08 AM
We need a new contest!!! Well done to everyone. All so talented .
Test Subject
#214 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 5:24 PM
I love Samethana's house ^^
Test Subject
#215 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 8:36 PM
I can't wait to be in a cooontest ^^
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#216 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:27 PM
I understand your excitement to have another contest. They are a ton of fun, both challenge wise and just interacting with other members. However, this contest has been closed since April. Please refrain from resurrecting dead threads.

Contest moved to "Closed"

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."

Page 9 of 9