Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2009 at 8:01 PM
Default did i see/read this right?
can the sims 3 game save on its own? meaning we can't choose when it saves?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 25th May 2009 at 8:04 PM
No, I don't believe so.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th May 2009 at 8:09 PM
There's an option to save at any point, and the usual nags to save when you change households, or exit.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th May 2009 at 10:31 PM
The game makes backup saves on its own, but the game loads your own saves first, you have to choose to open a backup save.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2009 at 6:54 AM
ok whats the backup save?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th May 2009 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by higgins534
The game makes backup saves on its own, but the game loads your own saves first, you have to choose to open a backup save.

Thats... Actually pretty awesome. :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th May 2009 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittyboy
ok whats the backup save?

I believe that's a save just in case the player forgets/neglects to and the game closes unexpectedly/crashes
Inventor
#8 Old 26th May 2009 at 10:06 AM
To add, you can now have multiple saves, there's a "save as" function.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:15 PM
It cannot save on its own during LiveMode, but I believe during Buy/Build Mode when you are building a lot that is vacant of Sims, then it automatically saves before returning to EditTown mode. However, you can now save when you are in public areas/community lots.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:39 PM
The backup save is a copy of your time before last save.

So when you save the game your previous save is renamed .backup and the new save takes the place of it.