Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 8:43 AM
Default Traits You Want In Expansions
What it says on the tin: What traits are missing from the Base Game that you think should be in Expansion Packs...traits that would be interesting/fun to play?

List of Traits: (I think this is the current list)

Absent Minded
Ambitious
Angler
Artistic
Athletic
Bookworm
Brave
Can't Stand Art
Charismatic
Childish
Clumsy
Commitment Issues
Computer Whiz
Couch Potato
Coward
Daredevil
Dislikes Children
Easily Impressed
Evil
Excitable
Family Orientated
Flirty
Friendly
Frugal
Genius
Good
Good Sense of Humor
Great Kisser
Green Thumb
Grumpy
Handy
Hates the Outdoors
Heavy Sleeper
Hopeless Romantic
Hot-Headed
Hydrophobic
Inappropriate
Insane
Kleptomaniac
Light Sleeper
Loner
Loser
Loves the Outdoors
Lucky
Materialistic
Mean
Mooch
Natural Cook
Neat
Neurotic
Never Nude
No Sense of Humour
Over-Emotional
Party Animal
Perfectionist
Schmoozer
Slob
Snob
Technophobe
Unflirty
Unlucky
Vegetarian
Virtuoso
Workaholic
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 3:05 PM
I'd like a 'Shy' trait.... I know they have loner, but being shy and being a loner are two different things. I always thought a loner LIKES to be alone, whereas a shy person wants friends but has a hard time making them.

I would say 'serious', but I guess you could assume that 'no sense of humor' means the same thing.... hmm...

I wish they would add a 'childfree' trait, but I'm guessing that's a little too specific LOL It would just be nice to have a middle ground between wants tons of kids, and hates kids all together. I know I don't want kids, but I certainly don't hate them (or I hope I don't anyway, since I'm a babysitter lol).

ETA: If they make a pets expansion (and chances are they will) I'd like a 'dog person' or a 'cat person' trait! Imagine if we could have a real crazy cat lady!
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 2:58 AM
Oh shy would be good. And you're right about the difference between Shy and Loner...I guess Sims who are Shy would have the desire to make friends, whereas a Loner Sim wouldn't etc.

I like the idea of the Traits about Pets. Maybe just 'Animal Lover' though, rather than separate dog/cat ones? But then again, a lot of people seem to be either cat or dog people in real life.

Perhaps Aggressive/Passive? With Aggressive Sims more likely to physically fight, and to use brute force in life circumstances.

Feminine/Masculine. Would mostly influence animations and would allow some different social interactions. Also they would desire things stereotypical of being feminine/masculine...such as nicer clothes for feminine, muscly physique for masculine etc.

Impulsive. Impulsive Sims would be more likely to see/think something and want to have/do/say it. Also doing extreme social interactions, that seem out of the bounds of the relationship (so kiss a friend etc.).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 5:18 AM
Cheese-in-plastic-wrappers hater. That would make a perfect 'me' sim!

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 5:22 AM
Loves pets
Hates pets
Bad Kisser
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 6:55 PM
Some basic ones:
- Hates Vegetables (as in REALLY hates vegetables, to the point of yelling at carrots...)
- Optimist (Bad things doesn't cost so much)
- Pessimist (Bad things has worse consequences)

For the eventual pets pack:
- Cat Person
- Dog Person
- [insert pet here] person
- Hates Animals

And since magic is two for two in Sims expansions:
- Mystic
- Does not believe in magic
- Charmed
- Cursed
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 5:29 PM
Oh! I like the feminine/masculine trait idea! I know there has always been a lot of 'pretty boy' contests around here, and I am definitely into the whole 'dude looks like a lady' thing... It would be nice to actually get the guys to have a more feminine personality too. :3
#8 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 5:39 AM
How about germaphobe?
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 8:05 AM
Haha that'd be good...maybe Obsessive Compulsive might be a better one though. A symptom of it can be over thinking about germs. But there would be more to it than just that, to make it a more interesting Trait.

Although OCD would be similar to worrywart, neurotic and neat. So not sure...guess it depends how they did it.

A Loves Sports trait could be good. Sims with that trait would gain body skill faster, enjoy exercise/sports more, have a slight advantage in fights over other Sims, and have some unique interactions...maybe with exercise equipment they have special exercises, also they could be able to drink energy drinks from the fridge.

Smart/Dumb?

Obsessive. A Sim would get obsessed with certain things (often strange)...they would want to do it/them all the time, would get wishes to do with it, and would autonomously do it more then other Sims. A Sim could even get obsessed with other Sims?

That's all for now. Will try to think of more.
Instructor
#10 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 2:08 PM
LOL they have the smart trait already but your comment made me realize they have no dumb/stupid trait! I want stupid sims! :O It would take them much longer to learn skills... they could probably die more often by causing fires or getting electrocuted.

Do they have a 'vain' trait, or something equivalent to it? I want a sim who always wants to look at themselves/talk about themselves. :3
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 6:24 PM
I'd love to see a dense trait, I think it'd be hilarious, your Sim gets hit on by someone and they have no idea what the Sim hitting on them is talking about.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 3:12 PM
I really want the smart/stupid trait as well. I was looking forward to creating a stupid, evil, vain, rock star sim. I think that would be fun. Maybe intelligence is influenced some other way?
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 4:14 PM
I think the closest we have to a Stupid trait is the Absent-Minded trait. The description for that trait is that they'll often forget what they're doing and may easily wander off. Not necessarily dumb, but it's kinda close.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 2:31 PM
I think an "Awkward" trait would be fun. A nice touch for the Geeky sims, hehe.
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 2:56 PM
Hypochondriac? Constantly looking at that pimple on their face in the mirror, thinking "Is it a lump or a pimple?! Is it infected?!"(a thought bubble then comes up with a hospital symbol or something, or a doctor they know), easily makes friends with doctors, and completely freaks-out when they have a cold :D

That coupled with a few obsessive traits, 'kleptomaniac' and 'awkward' and we'd have a sim just waiting to have a breakdown amidst their stolen goods, but not able to talk to anyone about it =D
Instructor
#16 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 3:44 PM
Hypochondriac is good! Your sim would constantly be visiting the hospital, calling in sick to work, checking their temperature and eating chicken soup :P

I was thinking... maybe an 'Allergic to Everything' trait... Everyone's met a person who can barely eat any foods, can't sniff flowers, can't have pets, can't be around dust, can't take many medications, can't dye their hair, can't use certain kinds of band-aids etc etc because they're really allergic to almost everything. They would have to eat only certain kinds of food, and stay away from sources of pollen or they could risk the chance of dying or ending up in the hospital.

On the same train of thought, an Allergic to Sunlight trait would be cool. Your sim would be much like a vampire, only without the drinking blood part. They would need to live in a house with covered windows so they wouldn't get sick.

Or maybe an 'Asthmatic' trait, so your sims have to carry a puffer around with them... or that could be another part of the 'Allergic to Everything' trait.

If they do a seasons-like EP down the road (and I know they will because we need weather) I want to see traits like 'Loves the Rain' or 'Hates Snow'. I know I would give my self sim the 'Hates Snow' trait, because there is nothing in the world I dislike more than snow DX

It would be neat to see a 'Dependant' trait, or something equivalent to it. Your sim never wants to/can't do anything for themself... needs to be cooked for, cleaned for, kept company at all times... otherwise they are completely helpless.

Now I know there's got to be a better word for this one, but I use the term 'Brown Thumb' (lol)... A sim who can't touch plants without killing them. They could be watering them on time every day, talking to them, playing them music, but the plants still shrivel up and die.

We have virtuoso for our musicians... artistic for our painters... bookworm for our writers... but what about our dancers?! We need some kind of dancer trait, and maybe a career to go along with it!
Alchemist
#17 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 5:54 PM
Is there not already a "lazy" trait?
Instructor
#18 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Is there not already a "lazy" trait?

Did you mean that about my 'Dependant' trait suggestion? I didn't mean it in that way. It does sound lazy, but I was thinking more along the lines of someone who considers themself helpless and doesn't think they could do those things on their own... Or a sim who is ACTUALLY helpless and can't take care of themself.

I never claimed to be a pro at making up traits! :P

...and you know, if that wasn't directed at me then just totally disregard this comment lol
Alchemist
#19 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 8:23 PM
Yeah, it wasn't. I just always thought there was a lazy trait and I didn't see one in the list above.
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Extensa5420
Extremely obedient: sims are easily taken advantaged of because they are so obedient and will listen to every command by anybody

Pushover might be a better name for it?
Alchemist
#21 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Extensa5420

Homophobic: sims of this characteristic will start hating every interaction that includes two sims of the same sex (this may also raise the ESRB rating

Who would want to make a homophobic Sim?
Maybe there should also be a Racist trait, and both of these are a part of the "Bigot Expansion Pack". lol
#22 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 3:15 PM
If they have a pets expansion, would the pets have traits? It seems stupid to still have the slider when the sims have lost it.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 3:24 PM
It would make sense to give them traits. But I'd love it if they make it so they display proper aminal behaviour. Like cats are able to climb fences and trees, and dogs can bark at and chase burglars and attackers off your lot. It may not make sense for chihuahuas but bigger breeds should be able to do that.
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sisvl
If they have a pets expansion, would the pets have traits? It seems stupid to still have the slider when the sims have lost it.

I suppose so:

Playful
Naughty
Cuddly
Lazy
Hypo
Brave
Coward
Clever
Stupid
Shy
Outgoing
Obedient
Disobedient
Slob
Neatfreak

That's all the one's I could think of that could be applied to cats/dogs.
#25 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 10:09 PM
I have to agree on the dense trait, I love people like that, they're entertaining. :3
Feminine and Masculine would be really nice too.
lol @ bigot expansion pack.
Page 1 of 3