Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 4:09 PM
Default Ideas for a dating expansion in the sims 3
I know it's kind of early to be talking about an expansion but let me know what you think of these ideas.I posted this on the sims 2 ideas site so hopefully they'll look at it.

1)Open up the movie theater so we can see our sims inside dating.Here is some interactions that could work.
Share coke with Two sims could share one coke.
Share popcorn with
Buy Coke for
Buy Coke for all (meaning you and your date that would be 2 coke
Pickup Straw Straws would be optional.Sims could either use a straw to drink or drink out of the cup.

When sims are sitting togeather the following interactions would ba available.
Cuddle and they could drink or eat while cuddling if you wanted them too.
Lay head across shoulder.The sim could lay her head on her dates shoulder while their cuddled.
Kiss sims could kiss while being cuddled
Makeout Sims could makeout while in the theater
Hold hands sims could hold hands while sitting

In the theater a photobooth could be added in this ep.With this photobooth you could actually see the sims inside and make them do poses.The poses would include

Romantic Poses
Kiss
Wrap arms around each other
Hold hands

Normal poses and Goofy poses could also be done for friends

Wohoo and try for baby
These could be done but you wouldn't be able to see inside when this was happening.The booth would just shake like it does now.

I would also like to see nightclubs,resturents and other places our sims could date.
Also with nightclubs and bars a buy drink for and I mean alcohol.I want our sims to be able to get drunk like they did in the sims 1.Say a sim sees a female he likes he could ask her if he could buy her a drink and she'd either refuse or accept.If she accepts the relationship could go up very fast.

One more thing sims should be able to ask other sims the following
1)Are you married?
2)Are you taken?
3)Do you have kids?
4)Would you like to have an affair? Some bold sims may not care if sims are married or not and it's up to your sim to say yes or no.If yes they could sneak off at the asking sims house or the one that agreed.

Finally sims should be able to tell their lover or spouse I love you.Also include a goodnight kiss for married sims and sims that are lovers and or going steady.

Also

1)Bring back the heart bed and also a waterbed.
2)Make it to were sims can walk and talk while holding hands/wrapping arms around each other and kissing at the same time.This would be perfect with two sims walking down the beach togeather while their arms are wrapped around each other and their talking.
3)Make it to where sims can cuddle and kiss while laying on the picnic towel.
4)Bring back the cuddle under clouds/stars from apartment life.
5)Make it to were sims do that special cuddle they did in apartment life before waking.
6)Bring back poses.One nice pose would be to see sims sitting on the beach with their arms wrapped around each other.
Advertisement
#2 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 1:17 AM
I think it'd be funny if they could have 5 minute dating parties. You know, where a bunch of people get together and talk to each 'date' for 5 minutes each. XD It'd be amusing.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
I think it'd be funny if they could have 5 minute dating parties. You know, where a bunch of people get together and talk to each 'date' for 5 minutes each. XD It'd be amusing.

Omilord xD
That'd be funny. Throw a sim in there with paranoid trait and watch the mayhem.
#4 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xoxSugah
Omilord xD
That'd be funny. Throw a sim in there with paranoid trait and watch the mayhem.

Add inappropriate with that. XD haha
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 5:37 AM
Thought of another one.Sims could share a kiss at the table while their sitting by each other or ones sitting in front of the other.It would be a peck.

Also EA should include some heart shaped windows for people that make love rooms.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 3:29 PM
And if the date goes bad a 'throw drink in face' would be awesome.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 6:18 AM
I agree with that and hope throw drink in face is also still an interaction if the sim catches the other cheating.
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 1:08 PM
I like the speed dating idea LOL it would produce some funny results I'm sure.

I like the idea of gifts. If a dating ep does come out, I hope they would include something like that... for example, if your sim wants to impress his lady he friend he can show up for the date with a bouquet of flowers for her.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 5:41 AM
This is an idea I thought of today.

I think sims should be able to place personals in the paper.The sim would call the paper then your sim could write the personal on him or herself.The game would pause while your doing this.You could just type what you wanted.Example Jill places a personal ad it goes something like this.

Jill Carter
Lonely beautiful female age 25 seeks loving relationship with male 25 or younger.I'm family oriented,love the great outdoors,I'm a great kisser a lot of guys tell me that,I love children and I'm a party animal I love to party.

Your sim could also pick the gender she wanted regardless of her preference.Example Beatrice is straight but she's daring and she wants to try dating a female and see how it goes.Shes up for something new.

Married sims could also place personals for various reasons.Example Debby's husband is an astrounaut and he's gone a long time and she gets lonely but she wouldn't let them know she's married she'd just place a personal.Another sinereo Debby just wants a fresh romance in her life with someone new so she places an add.

Your sim could either reply or decline phone calls or emails from other sims but the sims replying would have about the same traits.If the your sim replied a date and time would be chosen to meet up as well as a place.You could have your sim meet the sim at the bistro at 8pm the next day or have him meet your sim at her place.

Also single sims your not playing would be in the paper and by clicking on their picture you could call them and let them know you'd like to go on a date with them then you would decide where to meet up.
Instructor
#10 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 1:57 PM
Personals would be pretty awesome! And maybe there could be an online dating website for the sims as well, kinda like plenty of fish or e-harmony. :3
#11 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 9:37 PM
Ohhh, those are some good ideas! they could probably use the set up sort of for finding a roomate for the internet dating websites, too..
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 5:45 AM
Other ideas I now have.

1)A slowly about to kiss option you know how in the movies before two people share their first kiss they'll talk and get closer.Their lips will get closer while their talking then they'll finally kiss.I think this could be a great first kiss for young adults.To add to this one might be talking and the other sim ssshhhs her then their lips slowly approach then they kiss.

2)A long kiss option for two sims that are really in love they could makeout as long as you want them to till their needs get to low.This could be called a very long makeout.Your sims could makeout for hours if you wanted them to.You could also stage kissing contest this way.Get several sim couples to do this.Great for storytelling.

3)Romantic interactions and wohoo in cars,hottubs,pools,photobooths and walkin closets.These must make a return to a dating ep and also a movie theater makeout as I said earlier.New places for wohoo could be showers,tubs and public bathrooms.Imagine two sims going to the bathroom to wohoo and they shoo all the patrions out but everyone gathers around the bathroom to see public wohoo.Showers and tubs would be awesome.

4)An option to see two sims that are married or in love sitting in the tub talking togeather naked even thou you'd see the censor blur you'd know what they were doing.Also during tub wohoo they could go under the water like they do in hottubs but it would require a large tub or indoor jacuzzi.

5)If they ever make the ocean swimmable I'd like to see sims be able to cuddle,kiss and wohoo in the ocean.

6)With pool interactions a special underwater kiss that you could see with a underwater camera.

7)New kisses
Neck
Kiss Ears
Kiss Cheek I think this one is already in the base game but just in case it isn't I'll put it here.

8)A drive in theater Sims could sit in cars and watch the movie and go buy popcorn and soda.This is where a car makeout could come in handy while two sims are sitting in front of a drive in.

I love to see sims do romantic interactions.
Instructor
#13 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 5:53 PM
And all the interaction above is automatically performed based on AI freewill without need our command. That will makes the game interesting and smarter AI.

I also add:

There some special interaction for specific trait, like flirty trait have new interaction like "hit the spot", known his partner weak spot and get big bonus in relationship.

Double date? I mean you can get 2 girls at once in a date. ehm. For specific trait like playboy/playgirl.

When two sims in dating they will always hold each other hand when walking, rather than just stupidly following from behind like in The Sims 2. So we can see which couple in neighborhood in a date and it also more romantic.

When have dinner in restaurant. They can drink together from a single huge glass. Even playing and flirting.

In The Sims 2 apartment life, there cuddle when weak up in the bed and cuddle under cloud/stars. Those animation is so sweet, so romantic, so intimate, so much love......I hope the romantic animation in The Sims 3 dating expansion pack will be like that.
Instructor
#14 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 6:01 PM
I also add again:

For the night club. There several type of night club. From slow romantic music club, 80' dancing club to techno club. Each club has it own specific dance. And more automatic interactive while dancing, rather than just single dancing animation.

You can also take a lesson in dancing club to learn dancing skill. Even work as DJ there, waitress, club owner, or as Dancing career paths.

I hope EA read this tread and has enough resource and time to make it all happen. I love all idea in this tread.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton

Double date? I mean you can get 2 girls at once in a date. ehm. For specific trait like playboy/playgirl.

When two sims in dating they will always hold each other hand when walking, rather than just stupidly following from behind like in The Sims 2. So we can see which couple in neighborhood in a date and it also more romantic.

In The Sims 2 apartment life, there cuddle when weak up in the bed and cuddle under cloud/stars. Those animation is so sweet, so romantic, so intimate, so much love......I hope the romantic animation in The Sims 3 dating expansion pack will be like that.

I thought double dating was when two couples went on a date together? Or something like that. Regarding the hold hands when dating interraction, I think that would get tiresome quickly. Dating couples are not siamese twins to be joined by the hands all the time. Also, I think the cuddle under stars could be better, the girl's pose looks rather stiff.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 4:39 PM
I think sims should have a blanket over them when cuddling on the sofa and one should lay her head on the others shoulder.

Also I'd like to see kissing booths introduced into a dating ep.The kiss would depend on relationship and also your sims could work the booth for simeons or they could kiss a townie.
#17 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 6:45 AM
Quote:
Quote:
4)An option to see two sims that are married or in love sitting in the tub talking togeather naked even thou you'd see the censor blur you'd know what they were doing.Also during tub wohoo they could go under the water like they do in hottubs but it would require a large tub or indoor jacuzzi.

I like that idea , but instead of going underwater water the one you directed to woohoo with the other person should put their arms around them and push them underwater. Then, you would hear sounds like "Glub Glub Glub" and yells. It would still be censor blurred, though. :nod:
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Random~Boom
I like that idea , but instead of going underwater water the one you directed to woohoo with the other person should put their arms around them and push them underwater. Then, you would hear sounds like "Glub Glub Glub" and yells. It would still be censor blurred, though. :nod:

Yes I like this idea better.That would be cool.
Theorist
#19 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 1:25 AM
They should have the option of going on a Blind Date reality show to be edited and hosted by Roger Lodge. A quack psychotherapist could dissect the date and interpret thought bubbles, Eyecam could highlight sims eye movements and show who is checking out what, Obvious Guy could throw in a few slams, and afterwards the sims could make their final statements which would be saved in storymode / screenshots.
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: please post future EP ideas to sticky thread