Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2009 at 5:43 AM
The First TS3 EP Tidbits/Info
Here is a source that mentions a tidbit about the first EP, which will have something to do with job occupations and work. From the comments, some people speculate that it could be an EP to open up the rabbit holes because of the screens we'd seen of the inside of a hospital while others speculate that it could be an OFB remake or similar. After all, notice how in the last few recent interviews Ben Bell and Grant Rodiek have both said that OFB was their favorite Sims 2 EP. Maybe that's a hint?

Regardless, I hope they at least add a nightclub because that is one thing missing in the base game which is very much needed (for me, anyway).

Source: http://www.simprograms.com/tidbit-f...ms-3-expansion/
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th May 2009 at 5:59 AM
I agree about the nightclub and I'd like to see bowling alleys as well.I hope the theater will open up.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 17th May 2009 at 6:00 AM
Now that you mention it, it's really strange that there's no nightclubs in the game.

This EP sounds very interesting. I adore the ideas of rabbit holes opening up and our simmies being able to run their own business in the seamless neighborhood. However, I really, really wanted the first EP to be a Seasons remake, not OFB remake.

Off-topic: OFB was Bell's and Rodiek's favorite EP? OFB was entertaining, but it was nowhere near good enough to qualify as even one of my favorites.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
#4 Old 17th May 2009 at 6:38 AM
I hope they manage to fit weather in it. Of course, it's not really likely. I'm sure they'll make us wait again through several EPs before we get weather back, when it should have been in the base game just like it should have with TS2.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th May 2009 at 6:42 AM
As long as they dont make a Pets or a Nightlife expansion, those features should be added in a different EP. Unless its a somewhat exotic safari theme, pets would just be the same fiasco.
#6 Old 17th May 2009 at 6:44 AM
I wonder if the ep will have a new hood.If it does I hope it's accessible thru Sunset Valley without loading screens.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th May 2009 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
I wonder if the ep will have a new hood.If it does I hope it's accessible thru Sunset Valley without loading screens.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I'm hoping that with expansions, the neighbourhoods (Riverview included) will expand, somewhat like what Old Town did to The Sims 1.

Either way, everyone should quit whining about Weather.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:13 AM
Weather is probably in the works anyway, seeing as how such a new engine is created and it's a seamless town, so I'm sure weather is even harder to create than in Sims 2, which was why it didn't make it to the base game.

Sharkloverplayer, yes, bowling, too! That's the other one I forgot to mention.

But yeah, we don't need a Nightlife remake, so instead, why not just make a new city/urban EP and then include the nightclubs and what not in there.

But getting back on topic, I definitely didn't expect an OFB remake as the first, that is, assuming that it could be OFB. What other idea would it be if it's about jobs? And also, we already can own shares for several buildings in the base game, so that was obviously a "hint" that it the idea for it can exist and they just used that as a sample.
#9 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:17 AM
All of the things in Nightlife could easily be included with an Open for Business remake. Really... all Nightlife gave us was cars and dates... and "the dating game," as it was referred to, didn't end up being quite as fun as it was made out to be. Now it's just a quick way for me to get my Sims to Platinum.

I'd really like an Open for Business remake, but not for the first expansion... I'd rather have something new.
#10 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:47 AM
Seasons was a great expansion. I really enjoyed all of them, except Freetime. That one seemed a bit pointless. I wonder which ones they'll make anew.
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th May 2009 at 9:11 AM
Really, JeNN? I consider FreeTime a must-have since it gives the typical family something to do besides read all day--dating and OfB don't really work for a married business(wo)man, and vacations don't really help you at all (and are, in my opinion, annoying). Unless you want every single sim to paint all day, FreeTime is excellent. =D

While I do hope that weather will make it back soon, I understand that it'll probably take some time to work out. I'm all for new career tracks, though; I finally felt like there were enough choices in TS2 after Basegame/Uni (UGH)/Seasons/FreeTime. From the looks of TS3, however, the ten base careers will each be different and awesome, which should help... hopefully it won't be so easy to advance. I like playing not-rich sims but doing a practical skill-based career like Medical or Science is like I AM WORTH 40,000 SIMOLEONS BECAUSE I CLEANED MY HOUSE!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th May 2009 at 9:35 AM
If it is OFB-esque, my hope is restored. That is still my favorite one. Especially with an open world. We could actually visit home businesses. Even if it's just opening rabbit holes, that's already 100% better than the game is now.
#13 Old 17th May 2009 at 12:40 PM
I dont know, I'm not all that excited about the fact they are already working on expansions. That seems like milking it just a little too much. I was hoping with the online exchange they would keep the expansions to a minimum.
#14 Old 17th May 2009 at 12:48 PM
A business/work/jobs Ep is fine with me after all, work has stopped on sims 3 now
Lets make the next one weather though
Instructor
#15 Old 17th May 2009 at 1:00 PM
Works for me, hopefully they'll open up some of the rabbit holes. It's annoying you can't follow your Sim into the Diner, or the cinema, for example when it was entirely possible to visit all community lots in previous games.

Of course I don't want to watch my Sims working for 6 hours, but I'd like to see them interacting properly with the buildings in an informal manner.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 17th May 2009 at 1:43 PM
I think that instead of either an ofb or nightlife ep or similar, they could make a downtown one, or one of a similar idea. It could introduce elements from both, such as introducing nightclubs and opening rabbit holes up as well as the possibility of allowing businesses and such.

It could also introduce a lot of new ideas to the first expansion pack.

Then again, you can almost guarentee that Eaxis are going to leave the better ideas for the later ep's like they did with Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th May 2009 at 1:52 PM
I'm assuming that this will open up the rabbit holes and be somewhat open for business like. The sims will already be able to own shares of a community lot so owning a business and running it would be the next thing.
Here's hoping that seasons or pets comes after.
#18 Old 17th May 2009 at 6:34 PM
Besides weather, I really would rather have EP remakes from TS1 than the TS2 EPs. I mean the TS2 "remakes" of the TS1 EPs left a lot out and weren't as good. Like Unleashed had pet shows that should have made it in Pets, but didn't. And Hot Date had lots of stuff to do on dates like all those food stands and stores to buy gifts for your dates and the parks with the ponds to play with toy boats, etc. And BV left out lots of my favorite things from Vacation like the boardwalk games, the metal detector and the awards you got for having a good trip. I like clutter, so the prizes and things you found using the metal detector were great to display at home. And my favorite Sims 1 EP, SuperStar never got remade for TS2, so I definitely want it to be remade in TS3. I loved the spas and the awards, the fans (even the obsessed fan to some degree) and doing their jobs like singing, acting and modeling. It was a lot of fun.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:01 PM
I agree SS would make a great return. But look at it this way, the base game already has a few elements of SS what with being a star athlete or a rock star, etc. So that, too, could be a hint that there will be a SS remake some time in the future. And who knows? Maybe this first EP mentioning jobs and work could be a SS remake since that, too, relates to jobs and work.

Wow, I never imagined OFB was such a favorite after reading all these comments. I always thought that was a "forgotten" EP, lol. Maybe it was a bigger hit than I imagined.
Theorist
#20 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:17 PM
Seems like a sensible EP to do first. I wasn't expecting pets to be in the first expansion but I've been hoping for them to be in the second, I don't want to wait as long for pets this time around.

Rabbit holes are the only glaring weakness of The Sims 3 for me, so I hope they do get opened up. Places like the cinema and the sports arena seem pointless if all you can do is select them, I'd like to watch the show/game too! We probably won't get the ability to make restaurants if they don't at least open up the cafe and diner, because it wouldn't be fair to have a restaurant you can walk into while the others are just rabbit holes, why go to the rabbit hole ones? lol

I wonder if they're going to follow the new/remake/new pattern like they did with TS2? It seems like they might be, unless they're bringing back lots of OFB stuff with this first EP.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:17 PM
Nightlife, Pets, and Free Time aren't significant enough to be stand-alone EPs.What I think the developers should do is combine TS1 and TS2 EPs together, like this:

Superstar & Apartment Life= remake
Seasons & Bon Voyage= remake
Hot Date (with the dating systemand vampires from Nightlife) & Makin' Magic= remake
Pets, Free Time, & New idea= EP

Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Wow, I never imagined OFB was such a favorite after reading all these comments. I always thought that was a "forgotten" EP, lol. Maybe it was a bigger hit than I imagined.

Me too, frankie.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:43 PM
Or a city EP can include the rest of Nightlife, the rest of Hot Date, Apartment Life and Makin' Magic.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:02 PM
Home businesses are one of my favorite ways to make a lot of money quickly in the game, without using motherlode. Especially since BV, sims can dig for their inventory for free. I would love it if the first EP was an OFB remake, but would settle for opening the rabbit holes, at the very least. And I totally agree that OFB and NL could easily be combined into one EP.
#24 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:17 PM
You could kind of expect an OFB kind of expansion pack for the Sims 3. The Sims 2/3 team loved OFB. Grant and Ben. They say that it was the Ep they liked the most. I heard and read them saying that in various interviews. So I'm not that surprised.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:28 PM
Im surprised OFB was so liked, as I have always thought of it as one of the weaker EP's really.

I would say the best EP's were seasons and bon voyage, as they opened the game up with a lot of new features each.

Still, I doubt we will get anything too radical for the first EP
Page 1 of 5