Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 1:20 PM
Default could there be The sims 3 for xbox 360?
ANd I don't mean another console version that is nothing liek the original, I think they could port the full game over, it would work for people wh don't have good enought requiremnts for the PC version
Advertisement
#2 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 4:29 AM
It's possible since the 360 is much more powerful then last gen systems.I would buy it for the 360 if it wouldn't be watered down and allow the freedom in the sims 3 we'll have.They could send expansion pack updates thru xbox live and also patches.
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 10:30 AM
I was thinking about this as well, then I realized how dumbed-down they are compared to the PC versions. I haven't played the PC versions, because I have VISTA and they won't run the older games, but I'm going to preorder 3 for my Vista. I checked my requirements and I can run it (since they're the same as SPORE, lol.) YAY!

But yeah, I think it'd be cool if they had it on the consoles. The only thing I'd is that they keep more content in the game, not just take all of it out. (Looking at the Sims 2 [just two] on the XBox and then buying Pets for the PS2 was horrible. They had NO furniture or clothes. -_-)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 10:37 AM
i think that having a keyboard and mouse adds to the freedom and flexibility of the game, if i could only use a controller to build/create/whatever, i would find it extremely difficult and would probably give up in the end !

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 11:09 PM
They DO have controllers for computers, but I don't know if it'd be worth it to buy a controller for a game like the Sims. I haven't played the computer versions, but I think they're a lot more in-depth than a few buttons. *shrug*
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 12:27 AM
I doubt it. I am sure they'll make The Sims 3 for consoles, (in this case the 360) but it will most likley end up like the previous Sim console games, nothing like the PC version.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 6:05 PM
I hate Pc games, with all this requirments and stuff it sucks =(
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slipknot93
ANd I don't mean another console version that is nothing liek the original, I think they could port the full game over, it would work for people wh don't have good enought requiremnts for the PC version

Yes and it would also be an excellent opportunity for online gaming as well I really hope they do this!!!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 7:19 PM
I can see why other people would want it on consoles but personally ive played the sims 2 on pc and xbox and i think the xbox versions always stunk compared to the pc
Alchemist
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 7:23 PM
Okay.. It wouldn't be as good as the PC version but it'd be nice for us who can't put it on our computer to have it.. I hope they make it online as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 7:28 PM
Well if they did this - i think they should do a ps3 version.....

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Forum Resident
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 8:16 PM
I think it would suck if they put it on a console. I played Bustin Out and I returned it the next day (sucks). Then one of the little girls, that lives in the front part of the house, has the Pets on DS and I played and well let's just say it SUCKS! No matter how hard EA would try to make the game worthwhile on a console it still wouldn't be as good as it is on the PC.
#13 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by declandabest
i think that having a keyboard and mouse adds to the freedom and flexibility of the game, if i could only use a controller to build/create/whatever, i would find it extremely difficult and would probably give up in the end !

speaking of which, i think it's time for microsoft to come up with a mouse for 360 as well. maybe for the next console they will decide to do something similar to wii though?
#14 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 4:55 AM
The reason the sims 2 sucked on consoles is it was so watered down plus they didn't have the freedom to go on community lots.By watered down I mean most of the interactions in the pc version were missing,no two story houses and if you put too much furniture in the house it could cause a fire.
#15 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
The reason the sims 2 sucked on consoles is it was so watered down plus they didn't have the freedom to go on community lots.By watered down I mean most of the interactions in the pc version were missing,no two story houses and if you put too much furniture in the house it could cause a fire.

The sims 2 didn't completely suck, you got to control your characters directly, which I think should return in sims 3 for the other consoles. But I have to agree with you, they watered it down too much. No store, no kids, no second floor, no aging, no cars, no pools, there's just too much missing. That's what makes me mad, I paid as much as anybody else for the sims 2, but a terrible version. It better not happen for sims 3.
#16 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 11:52 PM
I agree with declandabest in a sense. Keyboard and mouse really gives you more options. I loved the console games though, especially with friends. Although, it seemed like the game didn't have as high a replay value. However, Xbox 360 has been stepping it up, and with DLC, it'd be fine. Only downside would be no modding, and we all know that they haven't really been implementing things we want, and that's why we mod. The only reason I'd say it'd be better on the 360 is because you don't have to worry about specs, much less lag (hopefully), and local multiplayer. But, other than that, the PC version would most likely be more enjoyable.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 12:29 AM
No modding wouldn't bother me TBH

“When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?”-Marilyn Manson
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 3:23 AM
I agree. It seems like when they try to create any Sim games to console, it seems like the watered down version of the original. Sure they may add new things to it to make it seem cooler, but in reality its to cover up the lack of items that they have. For example the Sims for DS and GBA I've played and it's really stupid. They're just a storyline you HAVE to follow the only choice you have is to pick the story. If they make it for Xbox 360, they need to make sure we can edit walls/floors, keep majority of the Lifetime Rewards, and possibly (they need to do this for PC as well) maybe make seasons or add a feature that the PC doesn't have out
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrokenBleedingHeart
I agree. It seems like when they try to create any Sim games to console, it seems like the watered down version of the original. Sure they may add new things to it to make it seem cooler, but in reality its to cover up the lack of items that they have. For example the Sims for DS and GBA I've played and it's really stupid. They're just a storyline you HAVE to follow the only choice you have is to pick the story. If they make it for Xbox 360, they need to make sure we can edit walls/floors, keep majority of the Lifetime Rewards, and possibly (they need to do this for PC as well) maybe make seasons or add a feature that the PC doesn't have out

Your first post is to necro a two and a half year old thread on a topic that is now meaningless because Sims 3 was released to consoles last fall?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?