Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#4301 Old 27th May 2019 at 4:53 AM
I would add a Step 1.5 and put all furniture and sellable items into the inventory of whoever will be moving back into the house once it's moved. Otherwise, all of it will be sold when the last person moves out and you'll have to replace it all.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4302 Old 27th May 2019 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Matotty
This is like, completely new, and I swear, the father is Mortimer, not an alien. Dina just had a baby with alien skin (thanks to recessive gens) and this was a 1/1000000 possibility. I'm really shocked, I've never seen this happen to anyone else but me.

You must be using one of the fixed templates made by somebody in the community. In the original Maxis template for Pleasantview, none of the pre-made playables have recessive genes and the alien ancestry is only a story element.
Mad Poster
#4303 Old 27th May 2019 at 5:01 AM
meetmetotheriver's most likely. She gave Dina and Nina Caliente recessive alien genes as part of her Cleaned Pleasantview, so their alien ancestry is more than just a story element.
Mad Poster
#4304 Old 27th May 2019 at 10:40 AM Last edited by FranH : 27th May 2019 at 11:54 AM.
In Tinsel Town, Wayne Swanson became the first founder to become an elder. He and his 2nd wife Asherath had a birthday party to celebrate, but it turned out to be a disaster. However, all the kids and even his first wife showed up. They have quite the mess to clean up-all those dishes and glasses all over the lot!
It appears that he will at least live long enough to see his newly born son John off to college, because he has about 20 more days to live. He does not want to retire just yet. He's determined to claim his Oscar before his time is up.

Oh, and almost forgot this:the last two teens in TT have been admitted to Uni. Sarah Stewart headed off to college, and Victor Shaw begged his parents to let him join her two days before he was supposed to have left. They adore one another, and were allowed to claim a dorm house together.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#4305 Old 28th May 2019 at 1:14 AM
Nothing much... all my animals are dying though, it's quite sad. So I thought now would be a good time to build 'Pleasant Heighs Memorial', a cemetery lot for sims and pets located on the high-up hill as you enter pleasantview. I don't like moving graves to different subhoods, because I've had them disappear before (not fully sure if that was due to sending dead sims to a lot on a different subhood or something else, but better safe than sorry) so I've just been dumping all my graves in Woodland Park (Michael Bachelor, Dora Ottomas, The Oldie's, Buffy all reside there) - though I figured it made more sense for pets to be burried at the park, so when Sharla Ottomas' cat Noodle passed away, and Chester Gieke's dog Gizmo, I decided to let them also reside in Woodland Park, and save Pleasant Heights Memorial for living sims.

Nothing much happened otherwise. Ruby Caliente got engaged to Love Hart, I'm planning on having her marry him and have 6 children together before she finally comes out the closet and starts dating Brea Weir (who actually has more or less the same storyline, minus the 6 children) and then they can run off together and have a little mixed family.... or I could just let her have one or two sims and ignore her LTW to marry off 6 children.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#4306 Old 28th May 2019 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yes.
Step one: Put the graves in someone's inventory, or move to a community graveyard
Step two: Move everyone out
step three: Move house to lot bin
Step four: Place house in new subhood.
Step Five: Replace graves if they're in inventory.

If you're paranoid about sim references you clean it before putting it into the lot bin, but as long as you move the graves out you should be okay, really.

@Matotty

I would add one thing to Peni's nice instructions.

Before moving anyone out place a StayThingsShrub and then click to Set to keep objects from being sold. The StayThingsShrub is by Inge Jones and is available on her site...Simlogical.com

Makes it a lot easier when you don't have to buy all of the Furnishings. Also easier to use to the StayThingsShrub than to put everything into inventory.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#4307 Old 28th May 2019 at 6:13 PM
Inge's "Stay Things Shrub" is available here:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_MiscHacks.htm

For those who want a bit more realism, there's this "For Sale Sign" by Mootilda and Phaenoh. This keeps only what would be left in a real house on move-out. Furniture will be sold off, but kitchen appliances, bathroom fixtures, cabinets, and lights will be kept.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/537238...-sale-sign.html

Note that neither of these is necessary in a university campus. Everything left in a dorm, rental house, or Greek house will remain there when the last sim moves out.
Mad Poster
#4308 Old 29th May 2019 at 1:43 PM
I'm not really in the mood for actually playing, so I threw down a few lots in Pleasantview across from 210 Wright Way . I'm considering knocking down 113 Wright Way because I don't see myself ever using it... to be honest I don't really see myself using 210 Wright Way either... but anyway.

I put down 3 lots, 2 smaller lots and 1 bigger lot (can't remember the specific sizes, but not huge). 195, 205 and 215 Wright Way.
Here's 205 Wright Way (the bigger lot) under the spoilers. Costs around $60,000+ so... my sims again can't afford it

Maybe I'll actually play the game later...

Alchemist
#4309 Old 29th May 2019 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I'm considering knocking down 113 Wright Way because I don't see myself ever using it... to be honest I don't really see myself using 210 Wright Way either... but anyway.

Funny, I had never even seen 113 until recently when I started a new hood with Meetme2theriver templates. (I must have disappeared all the regular lots immediately in my PV.) But, now, I gave it to the lottery-winning Ottomai to let them wander about in, Beverly Hillbillies style. I don't plan to play them this time - so they are just townies in a mansion.
Forum Resident
#4310 Old 30th May 2019 at 6:24 AM
When I play Pleasantview, I either turn 113 Wright Way into a community lot or bulldoze it immediately. Seasons made it unusable. 210 is fine if you redo the internal layout and add 3+ bathrooms.
Mad Poster
#4311 Old 30th May 2019 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
When I play Pleasantview, I either turn 113 Wright Way into a community lot or bulldoze it immediately. Seasons made it unusable. 210 is fine if you redo the internal layout and add 3+ bathrooms.

I've never entered the lot. What parts of the house became unusable?

Mad Poster
#4312 Old 30th May 2019 at 11:49 AM
It's much too open. Without a lot of work on it, any sims living there would freeze in winter.
Forum Resident
#4313 Old 30th May 2019 at 1:23 PM
Yeah, much of living space has archways to the outside. The dining room is on a covered porch. It worked with the base game, and would work in a hood set to always summer, but not 4 seasons.

Dining Room
Mad Poster
#4314 Old 30th May 2019 at 2:02 PM
Ah, thank you for your responses. They were very helpful. I don't know much about season-proofing houses. I presumed that the arches wouldn't make a difference because sims were still technically "inside" (unless they were using the dining "room" - that seems like the main flaw of the house). That's pretty interesting - I probably won't have any sims ever make enough money to live there, so I might knock it down and build some apartments there instead.

Inventor
#4315 Old 30th May 2019 at 7:22 PM
I had actually written up a summary of my apocalypse challenge so far, but unfortunately, Pepe Le Pew got in the way. Seriously.
Mad Poster
#4316 Old 30th May 2019 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Ah, thank you for your responses. They were very helpful. I don't know much about season-proofing houses. I presumed that the arches wouldn't make a difference because sims were still technically "inside" (unless they were using the dining "room" - that seems like the main flaw of the house). That's pretty interesting - I probably won't have any sims ever make enough money to live there, so I might knock it down and build some apartments there instead.

It's already been converted into an apartment block and a hotel. Maybe you could use one of these.

113 Wright Way Apartments (doesn't say, but doesn't look as though it has any CC) - http://www.modthesims.info/d/312370...apartments.html

Hotel Marrakesh (no CC) - http://www.modthesims.info/d/561171...over-no-cc.html
Mad Poster
#4317 Old 30th May 2019 at 10:58 PM Last edited by FranH : 1st Jun 2019 at 10:00 PM.
The Dean of UCLA Hollywood (Tinsel Town's Uni) announced that all the students from TT were eligible for a special program called "Accelerated Graduation." where they would be allowed to graduate with only half or any of their semesters left.

Therefore all 24 TT students are now graduates of the college and have returned home. They are in "Limbo" *(a train station of life) and were awaiting funds from their parents to enable them to move back home. The parents were all of one mind-"You're not moving back home!" and are frantically moving funds out of their bank accounts (good bye vacation home dream) to their children whom they literally ordered to buy their own damn house-they were NOT coming back to live with Mummy and Daddy!

However, because they all graduated with a degree, there should be no problem for them to get a good-paying job when they do move it. College does have its advantages.

In all reality: I got tired of herding them around and making them actually study. Plus a glitch happened at 2 dorms and I'm not dealing with that! So I used two Jeff's college adjuster, gave them average grades in a suitable major, then hit the 'graduate' button. For all of them.
The average grades were a concession that in all reality, that these kids really were not that great at studying, doing their work, and they were far better than what they had been getting. More than a few of them were on academic probation most of the time..

Then they called home and are in the Sim Bin awaiting their parents funds.

The second generation of TT is launched!

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Forum Resident
#4318 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 4:17 PM
Beside me on an off playing my megahood (with a still lack of drama to happen out over the usual premade drama) have I begun slowly setting up to play Richerville again after 2 years. i've missed the sims from that hood because they were all so freaking adorable and boooi I miss the drama Paul used to create by laying with literally everyone... Ah I can't wait to when i'm done setting up Richerville once more...

I build small houses *^*
Test Subject
#4319 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 5:51 PM
I recently started playing pre-made families in Riverblossom Hills. All of those pre-mades for some reason have positive memories of their relatives dying. So because of that I just had some random townie congratulate Jacob Martin on the death of his grandmother. I don't think I've ever seen that before.
Mad Poster
#4320 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SayLegendary
I recently started playing pre-made families in Riverblossom Hills. All of those pre-mades for some reason have positive memories of their relatives dying. So because of that I just had some random townie congratulate Jacob Martin on the death of his grandmother. I don't think I've ever seen that before.
Maybe his grandmother left him a lot of money. And maybe the random townie hopes they might get some of it, if they're nice to Jacob.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#4321 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Maybe his grandmother left him a lot of money. And maybe the random townie hopes they might get some of it, if they're nice to Jacob.

That's a very calculating townie then Well, Jacob didn't get anything from his grandmother, but he is living in a nice big house with two elders, so inheritance will eventually come his way.
Lab Assistant
#4322 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:10 PM
After having second thoughts about her upcoming wedding and sleeping with Darren after a rough patch with Don, Cassandra met up with Darren again, wondering where their next encounter might lead. Surprisingly for Cassandra, Darren refused her advances (more than once, despite giving in to his passions last time). Even more interesting was Darren's conversation-a chat bubble with a tombstone. I imagined Darren, now having had some time to think, was explaining to Cassandra that after Darleen's death, he'd imagined he was going to grow old alone. That there would never be anyone new. When Cassandra reciprocated his feelings, he'd been elated, amazed, until he realized Don was still in the picture. He doesn't want to be someone's second choice. He doesn't want to wait to be loved openly. He's done being alone. Getting a taste of being with someone has opened his eyes to that. He loves Cassandra, but he can't deal with her drama.

So Darren left, and Cassandra, now despondent, sat alone in Woodland Park, trying to gather her thoughts. Her wedding to Don is days away. Whether or not someone cracks remains to be seen.

You can spy on my sims on tumblr @ejsims
Forum Resident
#4323 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 7:50 PM
I've come so far to make 4 sims families (missing the last 2) and 2 houses. I wanna play the game differently this time. Other than having them getting regular jobs I want most of the families to have home business! I've never used that feature like ever!
Paul Bubbleland will as always though own a "bar" (Long story short in the first gameplay I had of Richerville was he a bartender that Alice Melissa found at a bar, they woohood and got two babies together but Paul is a romance sim so practically 90% of the children in the hood was his...)
Alice is gonna own a painter store for sure.
IDK with Maria as she used to be a police officer :/ but she does have her "abusive exhusband" this time since I scrolled time back to before Lucas was born... ah I just realized several of the baby outcomes might be the wrong gender. I'll have to find a way to fix that but so far so good about having 4/6 families done and 2/10 builts done...
It's not build a city I just... wanted a different gameplay than usually...

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#4324 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 8:51 PM
Remember Darrell Walton & Kristen Swanson?
In case you don't, here's the recap-Darrell fell madly in love with Kristen (both were married to others), and she with him. She flaunted her affair in front of her husband Wayne, who then threw her out and divorced her.
Darrell's wife threw him out as well. Eventually Darrell and Kristen got engaged. It took four years for him to get her to agree to marry him.
So, they got married yesterday.
It was a very, very brief marriage, because he moved into the house and discovered that Kristen had been having an affair with: her ex-husband Wayne. She wants to break up his new marriage and reclaim him.
Darrell got angry at being played for a fool by both of them (Wayne was obviously in on it.) and moved out that day, having learned a powerful lesson.

Wayne had been planning to make Darrell feel exactly like what he had when he'd been cheated on. He succeeded admirably, because Darrell now despises both of them.

Scholar
#4325 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 7:07 PM
Despite my best intentions to stick only to my megahood, I got carried away reading the Poverty Challenge thread and just had to start a new hood, Poverty Point. Since I like to play poor Sims in apartments rather than on an empty lot growing vegetables, it took several false starts while I figured out how I wanted to do it.

I eventually created an apartment building with super-cheap rooms and a shared kitchen and bathroom, used familyfunds to give each household $100 per person or pet, and moved them into the appropriate size of room (3x2, 4x4, 4x8 or 4x12, depending on the size of the family), which took up most of their initial funds. I wasn't going to let them buy beds until they could afford them, but they kept getting fired for poor performance, which made the whole thing impossible, so I gave them Cyjon's loan jar set at 9% interest and let them have a bed each and a wall phone. Adult male Sims can get one promotion; everyone else was given a Stopinator right away to keep them in the entry-level job. Just for variety, I set one family up on an empty lot and let them use mortgage shrubs to build a shack instead.

So far, this seems to be working. Sims without children are out of debt already, but will still take a while to save up enough for an apartment with a private kitchen and bathroom (and one couple now has a baby on the way; with no nannies or maternity leave in this hood, that means they'll shortly be down to one income just as they need more room and more stuff). The biggest apartment-dwelling family, the Pearsons, is deep in debt with little hope of getting out of it any time soon - the interest alone is close to what one parent is earning each day, plus they need money for food from the communal fridge, so the loan is barely going down on working days and goes up on days off; I also set their ages to fit with them having a teenager, so they'll be retiring very soon. On the bright side, right after little Ulysses started school, grandma Edith was offered a job by good ol' Goopy Gilscarbo; elders aren't really supposed to work in this hood but I figured, since this was an in-game offer rather than me directing her to find work, she could take it as a rare piece of good fortune and accept. She may have to give it up again, though, if it means there's nobody home between 2 and 3 pm on Saturdays to care for Tania and Ulysses.

The goal of the hood is for Sims to work their way out of poverty and into home ownership, and the winner will be the first one to afford a fully furnished Family Farmhouse.
Page 173 of 351