Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 12:13 AM
Default Help! - Can't modify pool. Bug?
Hello- I have made a pretty big house with a nice pool - I want to package it so I can upload it here however, it does not let me modify the pool!

No one is using the pool but it says someone is. Do u guys know how to fix it?

Please help!

Maxx0420
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 10:53 AM
You need to post a screenshot I think – I don't believe anyone can tell you anything useful when they can't see the pool.

Also, is this an inhabited lot? When exactly are you getting that "in use" error message? Have you tried to sledgehammer it with moveobjects on?

I'm moving this to build mode since your game doesn't appear to be broken – you're only having trouble with this one lot, correct?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 2:39 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 27th Aug 2009 at 3:01 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 2820733, 2820754
Hello - Thanks for guiding me here.. Lemme answer your questions -

No one is in the pool, The lot is has a family in it, I get the In Use message when I go to buildmode and try the pool tool + ctrl to delete it says " Cannot modify pull in use", Moveobjects on in use & sledgehammer does not work as it only deletes anything outside of the pool.

Thanks again

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
You need to post a screenshot I think – I don't believe anyone can tell you anything useful when they can't see the pool.

Also, is this an inhabited lot? When exactly are you getting that "in use" error message? Have you tried to sledgehammer it with moveobjects on?

I'm moving this to build mode since your game doesn't appear to be broken – you're only having trouble with this one lot, correct?

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:00 PM
Try moving out the family?

(Please don't double post -- edit your posts with the "Edit" button)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:10 PM
Sorry, I tried editing but then I got this msg :

Invalid Post specified. Please check the following:

* If you followed a link from a download, for example a linked mesh, please hit back and post in the download thread itself.
* Alternatively, if you followed another link (not from a download thread) please post in the Site Issues forum.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:16 PM
Yeah this sometimes happens when you try to edit right away. In that case you need to wait a bit .. for the server to properly digest your post, I guess.

Let us know if you can edit the lot after you moved out the sims.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 1:22 AM
OK After a whole lota problems I was able to edit it. As you said I moved the lot, only problem is when I put them back in some graphical bug came about and turned the lot semi invisible. In other words, it became the color of the ground (green) complete with grids on the walls, windows, etc. etc. I had to delete the lot and start it over again. I don't know any other way to fix it. I just hope that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Thanks,

Maxx
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Obsolete (lot in question was borked)