Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 9:08 PM
Default Slave Object blinks blue
Hi,

It ´s me again. After my first Master/ Slave Object is working fine. I tried another one...

But again and again - it will not get the texture from the master clone... Instead of it blinks blue. I really don´t find the mistake.

Perhaps someone can have a look. I think my problem is that the Master clone has two textures...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  thunder_Cityschicksessel.rar (41.9 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 9:16 PM Last edited by Reyn : 21st Oct 2008 at 10:54 PM.
I tried to look at it and it seems to be an empty package - I'll try again in a bit, when I'm less distracted by family.

---Okay, Ive got the item and I'm looking through it - I'm not as fast at finding these problems as some, but I ought to be able to puzzle it out for you.

While i'm looking, you can double check and make sure your shape names/props match the master object.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 12:40 AM
In the tsDesignModeEnabled, the two subsets are 'fabric' and 'frame', while they shoud be 'fabric' and 'metal'. Maybe there are other problems, I haven't examined the package throughly, but this has to be fixed anyway.

PS: I *strongly* suggest to remove that "@" character from the internal model name: it would break the Clean Installer, if this object is included in a lot.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 3:34 PM
Hmm ok I checked the shapes - They are ok...

I changed frame ot metal in tsDesignModeEnabled mode...

But nothing happens. It still blinks blue

Numenor - how can I eliminate the @ ? I got it via amberation while getting a guid. I thought I cannot change it otherwise the mesh will not work?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 9:52 PM Last edited by Numenor : 22nd Oct 2008 at 10:03 PM.
You should rename all the internal resources using the "Fix Integrity" function; the problem is that you registered your GUID block at ambertation using a name containing the "@", and this makes SimPE to suggest the same name when creating the clone. When the "Rename Wizard" pops up (while cloning the objects), you should change the "model name", getting rid of that character.

EDIT: as for your main problem, we need the "master" object, too; without it, it's difficult to see where the problem is. Can you post it here, please?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 10:05 PM
Oh yes I see...

I think I will try to mesh it again from the beginning and will eliminate the@ first - Hope it will work after doing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 9:07 PM
No unfortunately there is still the blue blinking

Already after the first part of the Tutorial... And thats not so difficult, because I meshed and linked several curtains before...

I am really helpless. I also tried different clones - and also tried shape from loveseat and sofa... Nothing will eliminate the blinking...

Only thing I wonder if my SimPE is damaged now?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 10:07 AM
Please, post here the latest package, along with the "master" object it borrows the texture from.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 7:37 PM
Ok I just did it again. Here it is...

I think my Problem are the two Textures. The Tutorials is for only one texture and now I need two different Textures

Hope you can find my fault.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Sessel.rar (406.9 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
The ModFather
retired moderator
#10 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 9:20 PM
One or two textures, there is just a little difference...

1) In the slave object, in the tsMaterialsMeshName block, you must add a second String for the "metal"; the reference to the CRES is exactly the same you used for the fabric. Now this second line is missing, and therefore the game doesn't know where to "borrow" the metal texture.

2) The Shape is correct: you already included the right reference for both the fabric and the metal.

3) In the Master, there are two useless (actually, dangerous) MMATs: look at the "objectGUID" value, inside each MMAT; if you read "0xFB94682F", i.e. your GUID, leave the MMAT alone; if you see "0xB8DB30F0" (i.e. a GUID unknown to you) then DELETE that MMAT.
BTW, the GUID 0xB8DB30F0 is the original GUID of the Maxis "Modern Loveseat": if you don't delete those two MMATs, your custom texture will be available for the Maxis loveseat, too (and you don't want it, right?).
I think that you didn't add those two MMATs yourself; probably you've found them in the clone. SimPE sometimes does strange things, or the original object maybe was not correctly built.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 9:57 PM
Hi Numenor,

first I wanna thank you for your patience

I did not touch the Master Object. I only cloned it from Simpe.

I think I would like the loveseat borrows the custom texture also?! What I want is a matching seat for the sofa and the loveseat wich borrows the texture from the original sofa.

If I eliminate MMats from the Master package- I don´t really know why this could solve my problem? Because my intention was to build a seat for those original Maxis. I hope you can understand my confuse english?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#12 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 12:33 AM
You mean you want to build a custom sofa + loveseat that borrow the textures directly from the Maxis sofa?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 7:20 AM
No - I only want to built the armchair matching to Maxis loveseat and sofa.

Could the problem be the useless MMats? Did they come from the beginning - or with one of the Add Ons?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#14 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 10:36 AM
Those extra MMATs came with the base game; and now that you have clarified your goal, I can modify my comment: they are not dangerous, only useless. However, I now understand that you posted here the "master object" only because I asked for it: you purposely cloned it to post it here, right? If not (i.e. if you cloned the sofa because you were convinced that it was necessary for your armchair to work), then you are mistaken.

Linking a slave object to a Maxis master or a custom master is almost the same thing, with this difference: the CRES references contained in the tsMaterialsMeshName and the Material Definition references contained in the Shape must match the original names from the Maxis object, without the prefix "##0x1c050000".
In order to know with absolute certainty the correct references to use you can do this:
  1. clone the Maxis master sofa, DESELECTING all the cloning options;
  2. when the clone is created, look at the CRES name, and write it down (it should be "sofamodernsteelframe";
  3. then look into the Shape, "parts" tab, and take note of the Material Definition references for the fabric and metal;
  4. open your armchair, go to the GMND, tsMaterialsMeshName, and write in both lines the CRES reference (the one you've written down in step 2);
  5. still in your armchair, go to the Shape, "parts" tab, and replace the Material Definition references with the ones you've written down in step 3.

I could do this for you, but at this point, I think you want to fix this object yourself, right? I can help you in case you don't succeed following my directions.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 11:33 AM Last edited by thunderwitch : 26th Oct 2008 at 1:11 PM.
Thanks Numenor,

yes I only cloned the sofa because I missunderstood you asking for the Master object.

I will try to fix it by myself - because I want to understand what I have to do with it. I will come back and tell you if it will work after your listed steps

Edit: Nearly everthing works - only one little thing will not work. I see both textures fabric and metal. The Metal Texture I can change but the fabric cannot be changed
The ModFather
retired moderator
#16 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 4:04 PM
Since we are playing to Teacher and Pupil then please post here the most recent version of the armchair, so that I can check the modifications you made to it, and spot possible errors

Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 5:02 PM
Ok here my latest version for a really great teacher
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Sessel.rar (407.8 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 9:06 PM
Today I tried to mod an other seat. It is textured But it cannot be recolored

And the "Sessel" above at least is able to be recolored for one texture but not for both ...

I cannot find my fault.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  NewSeat.rar (184.4 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
The ModFather
retired moderator
#19 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 3:50 PM Last edited by Numenor : 1st Nov 2008 at 4:04 PM.
Oops, I missed classroom last time! Let me take a look at your packages

EDIT:

About the Sessel set. Note: I ignored the file "MasterMeshCityschicksofa.package" in the rar, because it's just the one that you created per my request, right? It's useless now.
What I could notice in the "Mesh_Zoo_thunder_Cityschicksessel4.package" is that it contains TWO "tsMaterialsMeshName" blocks; only ONE is allowed, and it must contain, in this case, both lines (fabric and metal).
Therefore, you must modyfy the first block, so to include the second line; and then delete the second block (remember to delete one line from the Datalist Extension!).
And while you are deleting blocks, I suggest to delete the "tsDesignModeSlaveSubsets", too: it's useless and can fool SimPE.

Also, you apparently cloned the sofa with the "import animations" option checked; as a result all the 38 sofa animations are included in the package. You can't simply delete them, because you should also rename all the entries in the various "Anim" Text Lists: it's a long job. I suggest to re-clone the original sofa without the "import animations" option.

About the "NewSeat".
It suffers for the very same problems described above (duplicated tsMaterials block, animations included in the package).
Moreover, the tsDesignModeEnabled block contains two lines "leather" and "base", while the correct subset name (as resulting from the GMDC and the SHPE) are "cushion" and "wood".

The ModFather
retired moderator
#20 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 4:09 PM
Addendum: brief procedure to check your own packages when they can't be correctly recoloured.

1) Look at the subset names in the GMDC, and take note of them.
2) Look in the GMND: there must be a tsDesignModeEnabled block containing all the recolourable subsets, one per line (max two lines, of course!).
3) Each one of the recolourable subsets must either:
- have an associated MMAT (if it's an autonomous, non-slave subset); or
- be listed in the GMND -> tsMaterialsMeshName (if it's enslaved to an external object); or
- be listed in the GMND -> tsDesignModeSlaveSubsets (if the recolourable subset is enslaved to another subset within the same package).

Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 10:09 PM
Yabbadabbadooooh

I got it.

Thank you so much Numenor. You are very patient with me :lovestruc
I don´t know if I allowed to link here for my result. So I didn´t show you a pic...

Now I will have a look for some other tutorials for annoying you

P.S.: It would be very kind if you can have a little look to my diagonal curtain in the other thread if you have a little time for it