Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2008 at 12:15 PM Last edited by simotized : 11th Jun 2008 at 7:43 AM.
Default Please help with my chair
~Hi,

I made a dining chair that was assignable & used Inge's technique but any sim can still sit in the chair{the assignable does not work}I also added some max motives & it all works great.The great thing about the chair is you can max motives while the pets or sims are already doing something else even if there not on the lot.I posted this chair & it was rejected.I have tried everything to get this to work but I am not that good with BHAVS.I would truly appreciate anyone who could try to fix this for me as it's something I really want in my game.

Thankyou;
Simotized
*Also I did not use the repository technique,
I did my own recolors.Is it still possible to add the maxis
recolors & how do I do that based on the tutorial would this
be considered a slave object?
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 21st May 2008 at 7:25 PM
Your post is misleading. You seem to be saying that you had a chair and it worked, but it got rejected, yet you then ask for help on it becuase it's not complete?

Which is it, exactly?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2008 at 7:54 PM
~I posted it as it was without the assignable part totaly working in hopes that someone would like the idea and help fix that part but it was rejected because my photos of the chair were not great,I did my own recolors instead of the repository technique{that I don't know how to do & liked my recolors better}& lastely because an MTS2 staff member felt there was enough mods to max motives,& simply doing so with a chair was a lame idea, without considering the aspect of what the chair was really for which was to be assignable as well.So I am here asking for help to fix the assignable part & if it was a success I would post it as an assignable chair with hopes that it would then be a welcomed object~
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th May 2008 at 4:22 AM
Hey simotized,

Could you just clarify, did you want help with enabling the repository functionality, or the assignability code? Your first post confused me a little there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2008 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Hey simotized,

Could you just clarify, did you want help with enabling the repository functionality, or the assignability code? Your first post confused me a little there.

~I'm sorry Echo,
if I could just get the assignable part working I would greatful for your help.I will try to figure out the repository part.Thankyou~
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 11:31 AM
Okay, well one thing which I can see that is not quite right is that in your "Allowed to use" function, line 3 is returning true regardless of whether the current sim is the owner or not. I think it should probably have true pointing to true and false pointing to false. Likewise in your "Interaction - Sit - TEST", "Interaction -Pet - Sit - TEST" and "Interaction -Pet - Sleep - TEST" functions, they is always returning true, even if the semi-global function says that it should be returning false. You need to set the false target of that to return false as well.

Hopefully that'll get it a bit closer to what you're after.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 5:37 PM
Okay, well one thing which I can see that is not quite right is that in your "Allowed to use" function, line 3 is returning true regardless of whether the current sim is the owner or not. I think it should probably have true pointing to true and false pointing to false. Likewise in your "Interaction - Sit - TEST", "Interaction -Pet - Sit - TEST" and "Interaction -Pet - Sleep - TEST" functions, they is always returning true, even if the semi-global function says that it should be returning false. You need to set the false target of that to return false as well.

Hopefully that'll get it a bit closer to what you're after.

~I will try that,thankyou!~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 12:06 PM
~Ok changed those & it still works the same,any sim can still sit in the claimed chair~
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 8:10 AM
Hmm. Okay, can you post your changed object, and I'll take another look.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 5:43 PM Last edited by simotized : 5th Jun 2008 at 5:50 PM.
~I changed what you suggested & I tried adding other Bhavs but nothing worked.I honestly believe that the problem lies in the sit test,In line 2 it is (Autonomous?=????)it probley should be (is Autonomous?=????)but I have not a clue how to change that. Please let me know what you think,thankyou Echo~
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 12:27 PM
No, that line is fine. Passing in "FFFFFFFF" passes in the parameters given to the caller. Basically it's doing the normal sit test, since the "Allowed to use" has already confirmed that the sim is allowed that chair.

I tried loading this up in my NL game starter, and it crashed during startup. Have you edited anything in there other than the BHAVs, meshes and textures?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 2:30 AM
No, that line is fine. Passing in "FFFFFFFF" passes in the parameters given to the caller. Basically it's doing the normal sit test, since the "Allowed to use" has already confirmed that the sim is allowed that chair.

I tried loading this up in my NL game starter, and it crashed during startup. Have you edited anything in there other than the BHAVs, meshes and textures?

~No nothing other than what you advised me to change & in the sit test in the allowed to use.~
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#13 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 8:58 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 10th Jun 2008 at 9:39 AM.
Ah no wonder I didn't see this thread, it's in the wrong forum. I thought this one was for scenegraph type problems? I usually check the modding forums. :D

Downloading now...

... My findings:

The chair owner is on the object's attribute 7, which may be higher than the number of default attribute space (I think it is 4 or 6) so in OBJD, "num attributes", enter '8' rather than the '0' it is now. Also initialise this attribute to 0 in the Init. Usually attributes start off as 0 by themselves, but I have just very occasionally been caught out by junk in a data space.

Your motive raising options are available for sims to use autonomously - is that what you wanted? Usually, options without adverts are not chosen by Sims, but it can happen when they have no outstanding needs and the game forces them to choose an interaction at random. It started happening on one of my teleporters in the early days, with hilarious results, such as a sudden party of newspaper boys However, yours do have adverts and are likely to be used by your simmies.

Sitting comes in two distinct interations. One, which you have covered with the assignable code, is when a sim wants to sit down for reasons of comfort. That is "sit" on the menu. The other is when they have to sit to watch TV or eat etc. That is "sit" on the Object Function table (OBJf). Your test (Guardian) in the OBJf does not run through the test of ownership, so any sim can use the chair for some purposes. You need to call your BHAV #1008 for that too.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 3:16 AM
~Thankyou so much Inge with your quick reply.The chair now works!I only had to change the num attributes to A because I redid the whole chair with the help that I recieved from Rebecah awhile back & she had the objects attribute at 9.I also changed the OBJF Guardian to the Int sit test insted of Function sit test.As far as the zero's in the Init I changed them but it still works with them being all F's.The only downfall I see is if you use the call to meal option or click on the food that's served to a table the sims will still sit in any chair.If you grab a plate or any single item of food the sim will go directly to their assigned chair or if you use the chair at a desk it will also work for only the assigned sim.All pet options work as well except they can't be assigned nor would I want them to be.I would still like help with the repository if someone know's how to do that.Thankyou so much for making my chair work Inge you are a sweetheart & I hope other's will be able to enjoy it as well.~
#15 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 7:28 AM
Glad I was able to help

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 4:57 PM
off topic but using simPE, how do you download stuff off this site or other websites???
#17 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teal76
off topic but using simPE

Er, no actually. Try not using SimPE to download files