Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 7:12 AM Last edited by mahfood1990 : 1st Sep 2009 at 7:30 AM.
Default [Tutorial] How to allow light to pass through empty spaces in a closed room
I've always wanted light to pass into closed rooms until i found this way its very easy. just follow these steps:

1.in this picture the light doesn't enter the room but that's no problem cus it we will force it to enter

2.build a square wall around a useless wall

3.remove the out-facing wall of that square

4.now enter the "constrainfloorelevation false" in the cheat bar and build a foundation in that opened square

5.now flatten the second floor

6.if you do it right the result should look like this

7.now delete the three walls(not the foundation!)

8.and the light finally passed

now enter "constrainfloorelevation true" in the cheat bar to turn off the cheat

and that's all folks!

sry for my English
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 8:11 AM
Be aware that the game will not recognise this sort of room as a room. Right now the consequence is only that front doors aren't set properly, but once seasons are available, it may become more of an issue.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Be aware that the game will not recognise this sort of room as a room. Right now the consequence is only that front doors aren't set properly, but once seasons are available, it may become more of an issue.

Yes because it will allow snow and rain inside that room but i hope EA fixes that in a later expansion or even a patch. I think you can change the front door of the house by clicking on them. I've also noticed that windows wont provide light to the room any more.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mahfood1990
Yes because it will allow snow and rain inside that room but i hope EA fixes that in a later expansion or even a patch. I think you can change the front door of the house by clicking on them. I've also noticed that windows wont provide light to the room any more.

That is speculation more than anything, you never know if they will have it right the first time, if at all, so I would say to disregard the comments about there possibly being weather, the best would be to not think about it too much in my opinion

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.