Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:37 AM Last edited by callum91 : 11th Apr 2007 at 11:26 AM.
Default Base Game Compliant Animation Painting-makes sims jump
Hi Hi

I followed what Numenor said in the Making Base Game Compliant Objects thread,and still seem to be having a problem.

I did exactly what he said, unchecking all EPs&SPs.Reload file table,restart SimPe,reclone the original object.
I then rewrote each BHAV,textlist,PieMenuFunction&Strings,put in the GUID from the old one,and everything else needed.

At 1st the object was unplaceable and I have NO idea what I did to fix that.
But now,if two sims are MakingOut for example,and I hover the mouse over the Painting,the sims will Jump! out of the interaction that they are doing!

Ive been testing it in BaseGameStarterPro-Base Game edition.

I just cant think what I have done wrong...
please

edit-thanks HP for reminding me to put up Logs, I knew I forgot something

there are 6,btw
Attached files:
File Type: zip  6errorlogs.zip (65.2 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  c91NoAnimPainting.rar (77.5 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:43 AM
Why not turn on testingcheatsenabled? You'll get an actual error message that way and can post the error log, which will likely be more helpful for the big-brained folks in helping you fix it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 2:34 PM
Thanks for reminding me HP,I knew I forgot something,

The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 8:59 PM
At the moment I'm not at home and I can't examine the package; but I've read the logs, and there is something odd: when you hover the mouse over an object, the "Guardian BHAVs" are executed; but in *all* your logs the error is cause by the BHAV 'Interaction - Make Sim Do Animation Cry', which is not a TEST Bhav, but an actual interaction, and shouldn't be executed just while hovering the mouse.
Are you sure that - by chance - you haven't swapped the Guardian and the Action BHAV in the TTAB?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 9:42 PM Last edited by callum91 : 10th Apr 2007 at 10:19 PM.
I DID notice that the sim DID do the Cry animation....Ill have a look in a minute,Im using my dads laptop as i cant use my computer,and I have to install Net2
Ill get back to you ASAP

edit:
god im blind, I put the non TEST one in the guardian box.
Ill run TS2 in BGS Pro mode,and have a see if it works :D:D
thank you

edit2:
YAY! it works,thank you! :D:D:D
now,to fix where animations will fall out of queue,,,

edit3:
I fixed PracticePose, and CoverBreast now plays Cry....I wont be able to do anything else till about 10am Wednesday,UK time...the laptop constantly overheats and has JUST shut itself down,and I dont have the money for a replacement laptop.So Ill get back to you when I DO manage to try it again
Thanks again,*I MUST be blind*

The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 8:20 AM
Lol, I'm glad I could give you a useful hint without even looking at the package (I just CAN'T install the game and SimPE on my computer, at work, or I'd stop working )
I have subscribed to this thread, so when you get back I will see it (in case you need more advice, post the updated package, of course).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 11:28 AM
Thank Numenor,where would MTS2 be without the likes of you ? ^-^
Now,I have another problem,(I fixed the other one,thanks ) CoverBreast ( ) drops out of queue,I cant think how that happened....I might need to get Milkshape on this computer now....Doh!

The ModFather
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 9:06 AM
Does the command drop out of the queue only in the base game? Or always?

Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 9:58 AM Last edited by callum91 : 12th Apr 2007 at 9:50 PM.
Well ive only tried it in the BaseGame, but the one I have for download (in the Mods forum,not this thread) works.....Ill test it with Seasons

edit-it DOES drop out with Celebration.
I can never get that laptop to run for more than 10mins from start up! >: (

The ModFather
retired moderator
#10 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 1:18 AM
Callum, I tested your painting (from the Mod forum) in my full game (up to seasons/celebration), and it works fine; as for testing with the base game, the one posted above is outdated, by now: you should give me the latest base-game compliant version.

Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 10:44 AM
The latest BaseGame one is the one uploaded in this thread....and it works fine with Cel, but the CoverBreast drops out....would extracting the (cant remember the name) part in SimPE that holds the GUID and basegame compatable-ness then replacing the same thing in the painting in the ModForum work?
Sorry if I sounded ignorant,Ive just woken up,and am really annoyed that I cant use the laptop for more than 10min and cant use mine either.And Im not allowed TS2 on this computer and can only get on it for about 2hrs a day....

The ModFather
retired moderator
#12 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 12:30 PM
That animation dropped from the queue because the game couldn't find the ANIM file; the ANIM for the Coverbreasts had a bad TGI: probably you renamed the file and forgot to hit "Fix TGI".

Find attached the fixed package.

PS: out of curiosity, why have you decided to distribute the painting split in two packages (anims and painting)?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  callum91_painting_fixed.rar (77.2 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content

Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 5:18 PM Last edited by callum91 : 14th Apr 2007 at 6:40 PM.
aww thank you Numenor ^-^ you so kind

thats strange,I dont think i actually used FixTGI button in that package...? hmm, oh well...youll get credit when I upload the fixed one ^-^

Hmmm, about the 2 packages....in JohnBrehaut1's Animation Tutorial, he says put the animations in one .package and leave the Object how it is,basically.
And when I imported the anims into the painting (before release) they would fall out of queue,so,i found that I found it less confusing to have them in 2 different packages....yes im weird
Ill download that now,and the fixed one should be up soon

Thanks SOOO much!

edit-
Hi again
You wouldnt know why the kids now jump do you?
I Fixed TGI on every anim but it still didnt work...

The ModFather
retired moderator
#14 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 11:34 PM
When the sims "jump", the first thing to do is creating an error log, as explained HERE.

In this case, the error caused by the object is "Animation String Empty": when the animation is going to be perfrmed by a child, the game looks for the animation name in the animation list for children (that is different than the one for adults).
And your "Anim - Child" list is full of "*", which means "no animation"; so, is it intended? Are your animation created to be played by children, too? If so, you should copy line by line the entries from the "Anim - Adult" to the "Anim - Child". If not, you should prevent the children from performing those interactions, by unticking the "child" option in the TTAB.

Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 12:02 PM
Ah-ha!
They WERE intended to be used by kids-theyd float ,yes,but since many people photoshop photos now-a-days, i thought Kids deserved something as they are always left out.
So do you think I should make a new line for each animation or just put in the anim name where each * is?
did you understand? i didnt,lol! I find things hard to word,lol!

The ModFather
retired moderator
#16 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 2:44 PM
If you want the kids to play the same animation as adults, you should replace the * with the entry from the corresponding line in the Adult list (Adult line 0 to Child line 0, and so on).

Be careful: replace the line in the Child list only if that line is *; if the Child line contains an explicit animation name, you could replace it, but there might be some animation glitch.

Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 3:13 PM
hmm, ok,ill try that-thank you
Ill let you know how it goes ^-^