Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:20 PM
Default Need Online Tutorials for C# and Visual Studio.
Anyone got any good C# tutorials for someone experienced at C?
The links in the tutorials page to C# programing are dead.

I have some books. First 50 pages is telling you why you should learn C# ('Cuz I want muh mods! Duh!)
Next 50 pages picks apart "hello world" in painful detail, with a biscuit of info every 10 pages so you can't skip it.

Looking for something a little more concise and too the point.

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Anyone got any good C# tutorials for someone experienced at C?
The links in the tutorials page to C# programing are dead.

I have some books. First 50 pages is telling you why you should learn C# ('Cuz I want muh mods! Duh!)
Next 50 pages picks apart "hello world" in painful detail, with a biscuit of info every 10 pages so you can't skip it.

Looking for something a little more concise and too the point.

I have done some script modding. I didn't really learn C# tbh. I had experience with C, C++ and I was able to understand what was going on just fine. C++ and C# uses a concept of class which was not there in C. Class is a little bit like structures in C. When it comes to tutorials I suggest you check out the modding tutorials in this website http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Modding
For C# I suggest you check out some tutorials about how class works. I don't have any links for that but you should be able to find many with a Google search or even YouTube.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:43 AM
Sorry to insert myself into this, but how about a person who doesn't have any experience in C languages? I have seen a few youtube tutorials, and just like Emmett said, it is mainly just hello world, make a calculator, user input stuff and then I have a look how sims 3 scripts are made I'm thinking WTF what just happened. The transition from those tutorials to understand the TS3 libraries is massive. Even with Buzzler's or Odistant's or Kolipoki's tutorials. Btw, Kolikopoli's script is the only one that I get to work. What should I do to in order to bridge the cap?
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:32 PM Last edited by skydome : 21st Jan 2018 at 12:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
Sorry to insert myself into this, but how about a person who doesn't have any experience in C languages? I have seen a few youtube tutorials, and just like Emmett said, it is mainly just hello world, make a calculator, user input stuff and then I have a look how sims 3 scripts are made I'm thinking WTF what just happened. The transition from those tutorials to understand the TS3 libraries is massive. Even with Buzzler's or Odistant's or Kolipoki's tutorials. Btw, Kolikopoli's script is the only one that I get to work. What should I do to in order to bridge the cap?

The TS3 libraries are quite different. You do need some basic knowledge in a C like knowledge.
I suggest you first figure out data types and variables.
Then if and switch
Then loops, for, while , do while
Then try class (inheritance between classes)
Once you know all that, you're ready to start modding IMO.

In TS3 modding, a lot of stuff are made using inbuilt features for example there are like class about interactions and moodlets and traits, if you want to make your own moodlet or interaction then you make a class for that interaction or moodlet and your class will inherit properties from the original class made by EA.

I'm not sure why only koliopki's tutorial is working for you. Oh btw you should get the unprotected DLLs from the nraas github page instead of the ones you extract from your game directory.the
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:47 PM
Thanks, i'll look into it!