Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1687
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 792 times.
Search this Thread
Old 30th Dec 2017, 12:54 PM DefaultDowntown decorative buildings as apartments, business complexes. #1
pfeirr9
Original Poster

Test Subject

Hey everyone,

I would really like to find a way to use the buildings that shipped with the Sims 2 Nightlife. The concept would be similar to those of the Sim 3 Late Night apartments. I want this mainly for two reasons -

a) They are great! and the fact that we can't use them and they are mere decorations. Imagine the view! The interior!

b) I like realism and the fact that the buildings lining the town is actually functional. Not the entire building but just a part of it.
Old 30th Dec 2017, 4:27 PM #2
Diovanlestat
Instructor

Are you talking about the unusable shell decorations in nightlife? There is no way to use them for anything but decoration. But you can build you own high tower using cheats and find custom content to perfect the look. The Wiki explains this in detail. The cheat "sethighestallowedlevel" allows you to go 16 floors before having problem, but the wiki describes how to get round this. I read that the limit is something like 255 floors. The problem is that it stresses out your computer and many people find it difficult to go higher.

I like playable buildings, so use the mod by MogHughson Appartment Shopping. If you have apartment life you can make a high rise apartment and sims will go to there to live, but also able to go meet their neighbours in the local apartment shop. Non-playables will use these facilities. You can also just build your tower as a community lot (no mod needed), but only have a few sections furnished with playable interesting things for sims to use so they ignore the rest of the unfurnished building. A necessary mod for these tall types of buildings is some kind of camera mod, so you can have some control over what you see.
Zarathustra has produced some high buildings. The Tower or Inequality District these may give you some idea what is possible in the sims 2.
Old 30th Dec 2017, 6:56 PM #3
pfeirr9
Original Poster

Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diovanlestat
Are you talking about the unusable shell decorations in nightlife? There is no way to use them for anything but decoration. But you can build you own high tower using cheats and find custom content to perfect the look. The Wiki explains this in detail. The cheat "sethighestallowedlevel" allows you to go 16 floors before having problem, but the wiki describes how to get round this. I read that the limit is something like 255 floors. The problem is that it stresses out your computer and many people find it difficult to go higher.

I like playable buildings, so use the mod by MogHughson Appartment Shopping. If you have apartment life you can make a high rise apartment and sims will go to there to live, but also able to go meet their neighbours in the local apartment shop. Non-playables will use these facilities. You can also just build your tower as a community lot (no mod needed), but only have a few sections furnished with playable interesting things for sims to use so they ignore the rest of the unfurnished building. A necessary mod for these tall types of buildings is some kind of camera mod, so you can have some control over what you see.
Zarathustra has produced some high buildings. The Tower or Inequality District these may give you some idea what is possible in the sims 2.

Thank you. Well, I guess I'll just try to attempt rebuilding them then. I can't definitely manage the tall one but the smaller ones should be interesting particularly the spherical building. There used to be interesting tutorials on Wiki but most of them are no longer up now

Section jump: