Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 2271
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 167 (Who?), Viewed: 20957 times.
Search this Thread
Old 7th Feb 2018, 6:43 PM #151
Ghost sdoj
Site Helper

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,294
Thanks: 91 in 1 Posts
7 Achievements

View My Journal


Your health is more important than this mod. Get well soon. We can wait.

(Not necessarily easily, but we can wait. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Old 19th Feb 2018, 7:22 AM #152
skydome
Original Poster

Field Researcher

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 292
Thanks: 260 in 7 Posts
4 Achievements


Having trouble with the dueling. Children can't be challenged to dueling if they are then the interaction gets cancelled for the target and when a child challenges an adult, the adult stretches down to child size.
The rest of the interactions are working, once Sofmc9 sends me the animations she has made almost all animations will be over.
I'll work on the dueling problem today. Hopefully it works out.
Old 19th Feb 2018, 8:54 AM #153
skydome
Original Poster

Field Researcher

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 292
Thanks: 260 in 7 Posts
4 Achievements


Ok so children can duel with each other now but when they duel with adults. Either the adult stretches down or the child stretches up And why are my screenshots not uploading I tried with google chrome and Microsoft edge. Ok using the old uploader worked. Here are the screenshots





Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-13.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  814.9 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-14.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  805.6 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-15.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  794.5 KB  
Last edited by skydome : 19th Feb 2018 at 9:39 AM.
Old 19th Feb 2018, 5:01 PM #154
Ghost sdoj
Site Helper

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,294
Thanks: 91 in 1 Posts
7 Achievements

View My Journal


So does this mean that you need to work on getting a child-to-adult animation built, or is it something more complex?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Old 19th Feb 2018, 6:14 PM #155
skydome
Original Poster

Field Researcher

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 292
Thanks: 260 in 7 Posts
4 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
So does this mean that you need to work on getting a child-to-adult animation built, or is it something more complex?


I don't know maybe Adult Child duelling may not be possible. Honestly Adults should've just used their animations and child theirs. The thing is in duelling, both sides tend to use same animations. So while I have animations for both Adults and children the interaction just sticks to one kind so either the child stretches to use Adult animations or the adult stretches to use child animations. I'll have to do some serious Jazz editing if I wanna do it. I'll try some more otherwise I'll make it so children are too young to duel with Adults as part of the story/lore. I mean I've been working on this mod for way too long I just wanna release it and then work on my Vampire mod(I've been getting requests for that one) and some other projects. And then maybe I'll come back to redo Adult child duelling as part of an update to the witch mod. All the other spells are working.
Old 20th Feb 2018, 8:43 PM
csg5vbe3argf
This message has been deleted by Lyralei. Reason: Please don't post requests
Old 21st Feb 2018, 11:49 AM #156
Lyralei
MakeNeedsStaticOn



Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,673
Thanks: 445 in 6 Posts
9 Achievements


Glad to see you're back and doing well! I can see how that's frustrating... it's kinda like an EA thing where... i guess what you could do is making separate child animations here and linking them as 'child'. Not too sure if that means it also needs changes in the script but it's quite impressive to see how far you've come already!

On the pictures... I personally noticed that when your very first picture is too big (so not the second one), the uploader won't tell you it is. The only way to see that it is is to see the debug notes. So Make sure that the images are to at least 800kb for jpgs. I'd just open them in paint, save them. Just that. no changes, needed, just open and save ... that only works for jpg by the way. PNG uses a different colour progress thingy, so they'll always be bigger.
Old 21st Feb 2018, 12:42 PM #157
skydome
Original Poster

Field Researcher

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 292
Thanks: 260 in 7 Posts
4 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
Glad to see you're back and doing well! I can see how that's frustrating... it's kinda like an EA thing where... i guess what you could do is making separate child animations here and linking them as 'child'. Not too sure if that means it also needs changes in the script but it's quite impressive to see how far you've come already!

On the pictures... I personally noticed that when your very first picture is too big (so not the second one), the uploader won't tell you it is. The only way to see that it is is to see the debug notes. So Make sure that the images are to at least 800kb for jpgs. I'd just open them in paint, save them. Just that. no changes, needed, just open and save ... that only works for jpg by the way. PNG uses a different colour progress thingy, so they'll always be bigger.


Yea I'll have to basically add a new parameter in the Jazz Script. BTW can Jazz Scripts have a Parameter with 3 values? Like before I was just doing like child=true or child=false. I'll have to try and see.
Old 21st Feb 2018, 6:42 PM #158
csg5vbe3argf
Field Researcher

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 258


Ok, I'm out of this site.
I didn't fucking requested and my post deleted.
Old 21st Feb 2018, 8:39 PM #159
skydome
Original Poster

Field Researcher

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 292
Thanks: 260 in 7 Posts
4 Achievements


Ok some good news and some bad news. The animations that sofmc9 gave me are working . Screenshots are posted. The bad news is that the motive charms and curses are not working on kids, they work on Adults. Kids can use them but it can't be used on them Have to figure out what the problem is. The Dueling problem is still there.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-16.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  720.4 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-17.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  715.1 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-18.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  727.2 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-19.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  731.6 KB  
Old 22nd Feb 2018, 8:53 PM #160
Rgnrk198
Test Subject

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12


Just dropped by to say thank you so much for this thread, I'm learning a lot just from reading it all. I feel like now I should go and try to tweak the magic cauldron store object to work for children to complete my wizard school fantasies

Hopefully modifying the cauldron to work for children is as simple as modifying an ITUN and adding a new animation. If it's a block in the code I guess I would have to replicate the interaction under a new namespace and probably change the code from TeenOrabove to ChildrenOrAbove, or something like that.

Curious, did you end up depending on Chain's core block removal from NRAAS Hybrid to enable this interaction or did you create your own new custom interactions for spellcasting?
Old 22nd Feb 2018, 10:26 PM #161
skydome
Original Poster

Field Researcher

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 292
Thanks: 260 in 7 Posts
4 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgnrk198
Just dropped by to say thank you so much for this thread, I'm learning a lot just from reading it all. I feel like now I should go and try to tweak the magic cauldron store object to work for children to complete my wizard school fantasies

Hopefully modifying the cauldron to work for children is as simple as modifying an ITUN and adding a new animation. If it's a block in the code I guess I would have to replicate the interaction under a new namespace and probably change the code from TeenOrabove to ChildrenOrAbove, or something like that.

Curious, did you end up depending on Chain's core block removal from NRAAS Hybrid to enable this interaction or did you create your own new custom interactions for spellcasting?

Glad to know this thread has helped you out I ended up making my own script mod with custom interactions, some interactions were enabled by itun cause they didn't have core block. Also another thing to note is that my Script mod will not be incompatible with hybrid mod. At first I thought I would have to make a hybrid compatible version but now I don't have to
Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM #162
skydome
Original Poster

Field Researcher

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 292
Thanks: 260 in 7 Posts
4 Achievements


Ok solved the problem with the motive charm and curses. I separated them into different interactions and it's working. Going to try making the duelling work now.
Old Yesterday, 6:56 PM #163
SuperGal<3
Test Subject

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 11


Quote:
Originally Posted by skydome
Ok solved the problem with the motive charm and curses. I separated them into different interactions and it's working. Going to try making the duelling work now.


Do you think you could convert "pick up" and "put down" from toddler to child?
Old Yesterday, 6:59 PM #164
SuperGal<3
Test Subject

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 11


Quote:
Originally Posted by csg5vbe3argf
Ok, I'm out of this site.
I didn't fucking requested and my post deleted.


Been there.
Old Yesterday, 8:44 PM #165
skydome
Original Poster

Field Researcher

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 292
Thanks: 260 in 7 Posts
4 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGal<3
Do you think you could convert "pick up" and "put down" from toddler to child?

My friend Sofmc9 tried it by going to cas and changing the age in the middle of the interaction. It looked weird with a lot of clipping. Firefighters in Ambitions already have an animation to pick up children perhaps it could be enabled for other Sims too.
Old Yesterday, 9:27 PM #166
SuperGal<3
Test Subject

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 11


Quote:
Originally Posted by skydome
My friend Sofmc9 tried it by going to cas and changing the age in the middle of the interaction. It looked weird with a lot of clipping. Firefighters in Ambitions already have an animation to pick up children perhaps it could be enabled for other Sims too.


Ooo...freaky Can you try experimenting with the firefighter-child carry? Maybe you can enable it for normal social interactions! And if you ever do it, when you get done, can you attach the experiment in a mod?
Last edited by SuperGal<3 : Yesterday at 9:50 PM.
Old Today, 1:35 AM #167
Lyralei
MakeNeedsStaticOn



Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,673
Thanks: 445 in 6 Posts
9 Achievements


@SuperGal<3 not saying you're requesting something here but... I see what you're doing here. Just so you know
Old Today, 4:49 PM #168
skydome
Original Poster

Field Researcher

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 292
Thanks: 260 in 7 Posts
4 Achievements


I guess Adult Child duelling won't be a thing (for now anyway). I tried to change it but even more problems appeared as a result But anyway Children can duel with other children so I guess atleast that's cool right? Anyway now I'll try to fix the code a bit, clean it up. And maybe try adding some sound effect to the animation maybe.
Reply


Section jump:


Powered by MariaDB Some icons by http://dryicons.com.