Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1181
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3570 (Who?), Viewed: 170435 times.
Search this Thread
Old 7th Aug 2018, 4:25 PM #3551
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Whoa! Those two better get great jobs.

I've always had a real fondness for Jane.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 7th Aug 2018, 4:32 PM #3552
Primavera
Instructor

4 Achievements

Well I wasted about 2 hours redecorating a lot I wanted to use for an orphanage, only to find out it was packaged without a mailbox OR a trashcan . I don't know how to possibly bring them back so I deleted the lot from the bin, so I'm very upset right now

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Old 7th Aug 2018, 5:05 PM #3553
Justpetro
Mad Poster

17 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
Well I wasted about 2 hours redecorating a lot I wanted to use for an orphanage, only to find out it was packaged without a mailbox OR a trashcan . I don't know how to possibly bring them back so I deleted the lot from the bin, so I'm very upset right now

I am pretty sure there are buyable versions of both - for future references

This one: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=413573
and here:
http://daydream58.com
and
http://modthesims.info/d/118071
and a modern one here
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...h%20can/free/1/

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Old 7th Aug 2018, 5:12 PM #3554
Primavera
Instructor

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
I am pretty sure there are buyable versions of both - for future references

This one: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=413573
and here:
http://daydream58.com
and
http://modthesims.info/d/118071
and a modern one here
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...h%20can/free/1/

Bless you Justpetro, I'll try out all of those once I get some sleep (I've been on a weird sleep schedule the past few days). I don't know how that could've happened because all the other lots I installed have mailboxes and trash cans, but I couldn't tell from the thumbnail since there was a fence (it's this house by the way).

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Old 9th Aug 2018, 11:58 AM #3555
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Newly weds Hywel and Suki McGreggor welcomed in twin boys Fingal and Tadhg. Considering Hywel is a twin and Suki is one of quads, it was no surprise they would be blessed with twins. What was surprising though was straight after Suki gave birth, a tree set on fire and then Hywel got struck by lightening and died. Luckily Suki was there and quickly bargained with the grim reaper and this lucky family got to live another day.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 9th Aug 2018 at 6:45 PM.
Old 9th Aug 2018, 5:48 PM #3556
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Well, of course, Gwen had quads and the drifter, Kumu, had triplets. So, Gwen just registered seven infants with the Council. Their neighboring, enemy country, Downton, where children are very scarce and fertility is very low, is considering offering her a signing bonus to emigrate.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 9th Aug 2018, 6:10 PM #3557
Primavera
Instructor

4 Achievements

I'm in the final stage of putting together my legacy hood Grissettown. I just to find one more lot (preferably one with a desert ranch/farm aesthetic) to really tie it together. After that I'll move on to make my Sims and townies

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Old 9th Aug 2018, 9:05 PM #3558
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Downton, Sunny Meadows neighborhood. Julien Cooke moved into his new apartment. It's going to be tough making rent with his low-wage restaurant gig. He called his cousin, Trent Traveller, and asked whether he and Trisha would consider giving life another go. They've been hiding out since their daughter, Tina, was snatched by the Eyes and given to another family. Tina had been angry with her mom and told a playmate that Trisha had been married before and her marriage to Trent wasn't legal. No one checked. They just snatched.

Since that time, Trent and Trisha had been in hiding, just disgusted with the world.. Julien would often buy groceries and other necessities and take them to the couple. But, he thought it was probably time to come in from the cold.

They agreed and the trio moved in together. Trent got a job in a music store, and Trisha stayed home and tried to learn to cook. Julien found that painful since he loves to cook, himself, and is much better at it.

Trisha found Tina. She invited her over and wanted to persuade her to move back in with them. But, Tina's married now (still a teen), and is happy with her family. She does come to spend every day with her mom, though.

Trisha is now happier because of that and because she had a little miracle (well, genie assisted), baby boy, Earl.

Things were humming right along until Julien had a really bad day. He cut a corner on his job and got fired. He loved working at the restaurant and fell into a deep depression. To cheer himself up, he decided to do a star-light-star-bright wish. But, he thought he would do it through the telescope...

He wasn't as depressed after the abduction, but still just didn't feel right. He found another job with NCIS, but before he started it, he realized he was a little bit pregnant. He has three choices. He can have the baby, have it taken away from him, and be punished by the Big Eye by being made an eye, himself. He can just pretend he's fat, have the baby in silence, and give it to Trisha and Trent to raise. Or, he can get married. He doesn't actually know any women, but he's kind of thinking about making a very illegal call to a matchmaker.

Old 9th Aug 2018, 11:59 PM #3559
Nukk
Lab Assistant

I have many stories to share (which I'll likely edit into this post later, so check back again!), but here's a quick one for now.

Brighton Free and Briar Kesry had a son together. Briar had no interest in raising a child, and the two spent her entire pregnancy arguing about it. When Calvin was born, she put him up for adoption in the local orphanage, which infuriated Brighton. He wanted her to raise their kid until he could save up enough to invite them to move in with him, but she insisted she was not ready for a child, financially or emotionally.

I got to the orphanage rotation and Calvin got all the way up to the child stage.

By the time Brighton's rotation came around, his mother died in a previous household, leaving him around $10,000 in inheritance. He used this money to adopt his son from the orphanage. He spent the week juggling his son, his career, and his business, putting Calvin at the top of the list. They were getting really close...

until Saturday came.

A fierce storm roared outside, where Brighton was chatting it up with a neighbor. Lightning struck a tree and there was a fire. I normally ignore this, and instruct my Sims to do the same, because 99% of the time the rain puts the fire out.

Well, this fire was part of the 1%.

I wondered why it hadn't gone out yet, so I went over to Brighton and saw that the fire was on the ground. I set him to call the fire department (Calvin was asleep, and I didn't think to have him do it), but it was too late.

Brighton died. Five days after finally meeting (and adopting) his son, and one day before his kid's birthday.

Calvin is not having a happy life so far.

Brighton's business got transferred to his brother Jonah, who will not be pleased with the idea of having to actually do work. He'll most likely sell it, because it's free money and he's too selfish to pass it to his nephew.

I love it when the game throws me a curve ball.

After his father's death, Calvin spent some time autonomously cleaning before he burst into tears.
Old 10th Aug 2018, 9:11 AM #3560
Amura
Forum Resident

23 Achievements

When I was pregnat I was super hungry. Same goes for my pixels.
Priss served some food, but decided not to share - instead she ate it all. At once.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Hungry.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  68.8 KB  
Old 12th Aug 2018, 12:20 AM #3561
Primavera
Instructor

4 Achievements

I moved the first family into Grissettown a few hours ago, the caretakers to the Grissettown orphanage. I'm a little nervous about using the Teleporter Cat when it comes to making my townies, because then I'll have to go into SimPE and edit the family ties of the teens, kids, and toddlers, and I don't want to accidentally break something >.>. But I backed up the hood a few hours ago so if anything goes wrong I have that to fall back on

EDIT: well I managed to successfully create my first townie, I used the Teleporter Cat and he walked right out the front door. This sim is still related to his father but I made him a townie for the sake of the town's story

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Last edited by Primavera : 12th Aug 2018 at 4:23 AM.
Old 12th Aug 2018, 1:23 AM #3562
FranH
Mad Poster

Somethings are going on in Tinsel Town-of course one knows about Dave Walton and April Lloyd being involved..they're always together in every lot. She goes, and he follows her. He's very attentive to her. It looks like this is a long-term relationship. We shall see. They're only teens, after all.
On the other hand, Wayne and Kristen Swanson recently got divorced after their reconciliation failed when Wayne found his wife and her lover kissing one another in the backyard. Wayne'd had enough of this. He divorced her and then ordered her to leave. She did so tearfully, and their children are privately devastated at this news. They're holding up well but it's obvious they're in pain as much as Wayne is.
He was very considerate of them, though-he'd bought them all MP3 players to amuse themselves with as a distraction. It helps somewhat-but Shelley is acting funny towards older men and the two older ones are consoling one another. There might be need of professional help pretty soon at this rate.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Old 12th Aug 2018, 1:29 AM #3563
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Well, I'm going to renew my subscription to TTN news! This is quite the drama. :3

Old 12th Aug 2018, 3:16 AM #3564
kamoodle5
Forum Resident

6 Achievements

What has been a major godsend is being able to gain skills while at a community lot, and pardon me if I'm mentioning this two years after having the mod. It's encouraged me tremendously to where I allow my self-Sim to stay at these places longer than her own house! With the way I continue to make adjustments to these Maxis lots, it's quite easy to work on all the skills and be able to keep my Sim's motives up whenever needed. So, that's what's going on now for me, the same old.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Old 12th Aug 2018, 6:04 PM #3565
Sunbee
Alchemist

In Emerald Heights, Raneka King escaped to college after a major blow-out bash. She ought to have used her connection to Genesis to further her career ambitions, but she didn't manage to rise above her dislike for her dad's new relatives. (Raneka's LTW is Culinary, as is Genesis' career.) Mirabel stayed out of her way, she's working in Law Enforcement so they were basically never home together after school. Josue grew up and started dating Magnolia. He finally dragged his grades up to a C and got a job. He wants to be an Artist. Litzy grew up to child, and David (is it David?) got a job in education, so he can be a teacher's aid in her class. Genesis took two looks at Litzy's personality and started working on befriending her enough to influence enough neatness that she doesn't leave puddles on the floor when she showers.

Genesis is the responsible adult in the family when it comes to children and teens. She taught Maribel and Josue to study. But she's now expecting a baby with one of her several boyfriends. She hasn't told her sister and not-quite-brother-in-law yet. She's not sure she's going to . . . she's an adult and could just move out. But what about Mari and Jos? Could they move out with her? David isn't interested in them, and it can't be healthy for them to see Litzy dotted upon by her dad, while their mom ignores them in favor of pursuing that promotion.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Old 12th Aug 2018, 9:06 PM #3566
MythStar
Test Subject

On the specter lot, my favorite lot to play, creon comes out with what appears to be the adult 25th face which is the broken face, weirdly. Lyla grunt appears with the face template of the clone of one of the caliente's grandmother that i didnt even put into the neighborhood, deleted in cas. Willow's face changes again to the broken face template. Some sims drown in the pool at the lot, Nervous subject continues to try and steal my paper, i've smited him twice with the lot debugger which strikes him with lightning. The second repairman gets shocked and dies on the same lot. Jessica Ebadi nearly kills my sim as they go to get food before dying from hunger XD. The ghost of the elder lyla grunt clone continues to come in the haunted home. Circe beaker comes to steal my paper, but i quickly catch her and she dies by electrocution. The ghosts of the clones i made of Hecate and Zog come out at the same time, Zog decides to scare my sim. The ghost of the clone i made of Jacqueline Vandermorgan appears, still wearing her work outfit which is what she was wearing when she died. Also a bunch of random sims and townies i killed on the lot appear, Next, Nervous probably will get smited again. He drives me crazy.
Old 13th Aug 2018, 5:42 PM #3567
Booney
Lab Assistant

This is quite a bit of rotation in Emerald Heights. Lots of births, birthdays, and on top of that it's Halloween night!

King-Montes household threw a Halloween-birthday party and invited Andy King, his husband John Pattle, and their newly adopted daughter Allison. David and Andy are getting closer now that Andy is married and with kid - guess they have more in common. They spent most of the party talking about money and children, and job. Everybody swoon over Allison, who was quite happy to meet her new relatives for the first time and even happier to meet their puppy Benny. Raneka and Maribel got into fights two or three times, an everyday event that everybody has learnt to ignore. Genesis and John escaped party to hide in the living room and get some drinks and talk about Deep Philosophical Things. Litzy grew up well, and immediately run to talk with the baby in Mami's belly. After the party Genesis took Maribel and Litzy out to test the new car, get some "big girls clothes", and make a goofy photos with girls in their Halloween costumes (well, only Maribel was wearing costume, but still). Litzy was so overwhelmed and tired from the whole day she fell asleep in Mami's bed (Papi had to sleep in her new big girl bed) only to be waken in middle of the night by Mami's screams! Turns out, the baby was coming!
Malik Montes was born surrounded by freaked out family members, was named to honor his father's surname, and witnessed his first fight two seconds after birth. David and Gabriela are not quite sure what to do with their older daughters. It's getting insane.

Flora Patch has money. It's a good thing because she wouldn't survive her pregnancy without nanny, maid, and repairman, no way. Of course, she loves her two adopted girls and wouldn't trade them for anything, but it's hard to care for them, especially when Adam is at work.
This was quite a peaceful morning, though, and Flora even managed to find some time to work in her greenhouse... Which is where she was when labor started. She gave birth to twins (thanks, multiples mod), Adam jr. and Florence. Flora would want to have more kids, but Adam is pretty sure they're done.
It was Zahara's birthday, but Flora was too exhausted to hold a party. Adam actually threw one and invited his only friend (that Flora can now about, cough, cough), who couldn't make it. Party ended as disaster, but, hey, Zahara grew up with platinum aspiration, cut scene and everything! She wants to make friends and buy nice things - despite being adopted she really is Adam's daughter.

Jhonattan Goth spent a nice morning slacking around the house. Dr. Adam Splitter is not happy about Mata getting married and bringing another human into the house (he would rather have another cat), but he is fascinated by aliens, so he can live with Jhonattan being here. Especially if he cooks. Food is Dr. Splitter's third biggest passion after science and cats. He even allowed them to build another room, so Steve could get some privacy. Poor boy is obviously depressed by the way his life is going. He gets great grades, though - Mata has spent a lot of time helping him with homework.
Mata got a job offering from local high school to work as science teacher. She is tempted to accept it, but that would mean the family would have to move, and Dr. Splitter would be left alone again. Well, Foundation could find him a new assistant, but would a newbie understand the weird ways of genius mind?
At the very end of their rotation Jhonattan went into labor. Quads. In birth order: Phoenix, Nash, Phoebe, and Mercury. Three boys, one girl. Mata planned for one baby, and this is quite a shock for her. She can't hide them all. They will be discovered. And what happens next to them? And to Jhonattan? She is not sure what to do now.
Old 13th Aug 2018, 6:01 PM #3568
FranH
Mad Poster

The romance scene is getting hot and confused, and there are 2 women to blame for it:

Rosemary Bishop (the richest girl in town) decided to seduce Jason Powers. He went willingly with her to the hottub out in back of her house. She has 2 more guys she wants to seduce before she goes to college. Given that she's extremely charming as well, there won't be any problems with her succeeding. Although she doesn't really love Jason-he adores her.

She's only outclassed by her mother, Sarah, who's looking to have a few side-line romances while her husband works his way up in the politics career. At least she now has time to pursue all kinds of men without him around. She flirted with Wayne Swanson, and he immediately tried the same on her-only to be rejected outright. "I'm not that kind of woman!". Wayne was rather puzzled. Why would Sarah make moves on him if she wasn't serious?

It never occurred to him that she was just playing with his emotions.

Sarah and Rosemary are going to devastate some lives at this rate.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Old Yesterday, 8:28 PM #3569
ieta_cassiopeia
Scholar

Possibly in the top 10 of SimNation's most incompetent attempts at a political revolution is currently going on in SimHampton. For the last six real-life months (about two months in Sim time), the BaneForce has been trying to set up a theocracy not entirely dissimilar to smorbie1's "Handmaid's Tale"-inspired Council set-up. They had someone who appeared to be the perfect puppet on the throne of the High Ruler, a really talented political dissembler carefully misadvising her in a plausible fashion and some suitably eerie locales to propagate their political views.

Slight problem. Very few people are bothering to buy, or even pick up, the promotional literature, it's not clear anybody has even read it apart from the BaneForce members themselves, the "puppet" spends half her time promoting ideas that directly contradict the BaneForce's preferences and has also managed to get a message out to a popular local shopkeeper that she's struggling to fend off an unwelcome, if relatively polite, coup attempt. Said shopkeeper has been intelligent enough not to attempt an open uprising against the coup's masterminds. He simply made a reference to the binding Charter and requested the democratic council it stipulates must exist to balance the "monarchy" be opened. The rules in the Charter were such that interference in the election proved quite difficult for the BaneForce.

Result? Only one BaneForce member managed to get elected (although he did at least get himself made Head Planner - though that's currently more of a "first among equals" position than a truly distinctive tool for creating power). One of the other elected members got arrested for breaking a law, and the BaneForce still couldn't convince the population to pick a BaneForce member, or anyone sympathetic to the cause, as her replacement. The Head Planner doesn't get an executive veto on any measures, so if the coup attempt gets their attempted coup a little bit more wrong than it has already, it would most likely lose all remaining leverage through the Planning Council deposing them through a bill of malfeasance. (The court can also convict malfeasance, but SimHampton tradition tends to regard that as the slow option; if the monarchy/theocratic head has messed up to the point where the democratic element thinks the town has been politically betrayed, there's not much a judge is likely to be able to do to help).

It will be a while before the denouement though, because I'm now in the Polgannon part of my semi-rotation. Two days with the Penhagalians is exhausting! Richard Penhagalian really wanted to go on a date. This was difficult because his wife Adele had decided to invite all three of his other lovers to a lavish dinner. He managed to make polite small talk through the meal, then suggest everyone go down to The Cove. There, he spent eight hours pretending to study ship designs while everyone else had fun outside, not trusting himself to show his real feelings for so many women in the same place. Adele shrugged it off, "Ah, Richard. Always unpredictable. What's a respectable woman going to do?"

In this case, swim with the other women (she has no idea that Richard is even friends with them, let alone lovers; they're here because they're *her* friends) and met both of the stereotypical witches. Magic isn't really of interest to her, being more associated with special effects and "common people" in her mind, but it's always good to know as many people as possible. Everyone except Richard had a blast.

Hedra Cardew learned how to talk to plants, which is a relief as the vegetable garden was in a sorry state. One day, she has ambitions of getting the weed situation in the maze under control - the only person who can find anything in there at the moment is Abbie, it seems. Oliver Penhagalian is teetering on the edge of an uneasy transition to teendom because nobody pays attention to his views on anything, and little Deborah is busy being cute and playing with boats.
Old Yesterday, 9:12 PM #3570
OnayaW
Instructor

4 Achievements

My megahood became sort of uberhood?
At least I added Riverblossom Hills and Desidarata valley to my already Pleasantview/Strangetown/veronaville gameplay and i’m Still as equally shocked over who hits 2 and 3 bolts.
I never knew Patricia Wan and John Mole would hit 3 bolts but they did
The same goes for Darren Dreamer and Titiana Summerdream.

Much is happening and yet not so much?
Like the first 2-3 rounds is clean tests to see who get along and who don’t and who have bolts for each other.
I’m gonna break up so many couples soon but it’s worth it.
Like I already broke up Mary-sue and Daniel and it wasn’t even bc of Daniel’s cheating. It wasn’t mary-sue.
Man I love this big hood. It’s filled with surprises about who gets bolts and who don’t.

I build small houses *^*
Old Today, 12:25 AM #3571
Sunbee
Alchemist

Sebastian Rafferty--well, Seb would be the first to admit to Having Issues. And he met a lady with just as many issues: Pearl Davenport. Though hers all run around on two legs--or four, in the case of the twins, Don and Les--because their dad's name was Trouble (Trouble don't last--for those not familiar).

Seb made friends with Pearl's ex-husband, Fitzwilliam, who will tell you that Seb is hot, hot, hot! And with Soda Pop. And he's kind of getting on with his mom, Judith, though not extremely well. (She hasn't met Julia Goth or Melania Barret yet--but it's not Seb's fault Linnea and Hadley have issues with him!) And it hardly made Cesar thrilled to have Seb get engaged to Pearl and move the whole family in, and then marry Pearl! (Fitzwilliam approves. So Seb's life expectancy is excellent. And Seb really likes Soda Pop. And the other kids. But especially Soda Pop, so Fitzwilliam really does approve. Me: You're a romance sim, Seb! With a fortune secondary! Seb: wants: be best friends with Fitzwilliam. Be best friends with Soda Pop. Be best friends with Bubblegum. Talk to Taffy.)

It was too many people, and not enough space. So Cesar, after tripping over a teen, a child/teen transition, and a child and twin toddlers for two days didn't even begrudge giving Seb a house (and Pearl's pregnant out to here on top of all that). Somehow Cesar missed the memo that Judith was moving out with Seb's family until it was too late. He's saying she's just visiting them to help out with the kids . . . but everyone knows it's permanent. And he's thinking about moving Cola in . . . it would be convenient and that's a big house to rattle around alone in. Quiet, now, too.

Fitzwilliam actually likes the guy Pearl picked up this time. Cute little blondie. But Seb isn't interested. And Joe Graham is not only interested, he's also working in the LS Entertainment career, managing Fitzwilliam's Show Business career, and Joe was interested in moving in, and the tabloids have started hinting that maybe Fitz and Joe's relationship is more personal than professional . . . and scandals drive ratings!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh

Section jump: