Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1107
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3714 (Who?), Viewed: 179858 times.
Search this Thread
Old 5th Oct 2018, 11:42 AM #3701
FranH
Mad Poster

Right now it's almost the day of the great Uni migration in Tinsel town, and parents all over town are double-checking their bank accounts to make sure they have enough money to send their spawn to college. In most cases it is a go, and if it is not, those who need to will head to the bank early in the next morning to take out loans for the occasion. They don't want to mess up their children's future by not doing this for them. In some cases the kids are making money themselves to help out.

This was especially true in the Lloyd household. With 2 days to go before sending the kids to Uni, Damien and Lucy faced a heartbreaking problem: They didn't have nearly enough money in the bank to do it with. Damien was going to be promoted that day, but he knew in his heart that he'd never come close to putting nearly $14,000 away in the bank for college in 2 days. He went to work with a smile on his face, but a deep sense of shame and agony that he was failing as a parent and a father.

Lucy, however had other plans. She wants to buy a vacation home for when she and Damien are free to vacation. The only way to pull that one off was to go to the Telemarketing center and work the phone banks for most of the day-because she had the day off. With the help of one or 2 other volunteers she netted about $6,000. Still not enough, though.

Then their son, Sheldon, pulled the big one off. He owns a community lot with 5 coconut pinball machines on them, and after he came home from school, he opened up shop for the final time that day. In 5 hours he netted $10,000 in player generated funds and when he cashed out his business rewards, he did another $4,000. So he saved the day!

Because he knew he'd not be allowed to own a business while in college, he sold it-to the tune of $14,000. With that, he bought his parents a car, which he knew his father dearly wanted and donated the rest to the family's bank account. After all was said and done, the family had more than enough to send all 3 children to college and a start to work on Lucy's dream of a vacation home.

Sheldon was very pleased with his efforts, and his parents are very grateful that he did a miracle. They can never repay him adequately, but they're sure that he's going to go far in his life!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Last edited by FranH : 5th Oct 2018 at 6:22 PM.
Old 5th Oct 2018, 3:47 PM #3702
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I once played for two days where every last sim I had got a promotion every ding dong day. I began to think I'd accidentally installed some weird mod.But it was just a statistical cluster.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 5th Oct 2018, 8:01 PM #3703
Primavera
Instructor

5 Achievements

Started the process of building my story hood! This hood is the first part of 2 hoods, and I had to flatten it and it looks so much bigger, but there's not a lot of roads :0. I'm gonna have to get creative with my decorating to make it look fleshed out

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Old 5th Oct 2018, 8:41 PM #3704
Orphalesion
Inventor

So two of my Sims, Titus Wolff and Sabrina (the daughter of Michael Bachelor and Chris Roomies) just had their second daughter. Was planning for a son, so I hadn't thought of a name yet. The older daughter is named Emily, so I wanted a similar "classically nice" name for her sister and called the baby Rose. Then I got the feeling that there's some character named Emily Rose. Googled it and realized I just named those two girls after a character from a horror movie...

Old 5th Oct 2018, 11:47 PM #3705
lordtyger9
Scholar

Lothario Caliente son of Nina and Don just engaged to Amber Specter great grand daughter of Arlo Specter {formerly Nervous Subject} and Circe Salamis Beaker Specter, and now he is at Académie Le Tour working on the next stage of his life.

Meanwhile Lothario's half sister/cousin Mina, daughter of Dina and Don, who has still not decided on her marriage partner is also at Académie Le Tour.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Old 6th Oct 2018, 8:57 AM #3706
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

I may not be able to finish Drama Acres's last rotation at all. I've only been able to play one downslope household. They crash and they crash and they crash...

So I've played a little Strangetown, where Vidcund and Monica moved into their new home, Tycho grew to teen, and Euclid grew to toddler. Lyla the Littlest Grunt is also a toddler. And a little Widespot, where Rocky has joined River, Ginger, Gavin, and Sadie in the dorms. River and Ginger had been dancing around their dating history, but as soon as Rocky walked through the door he and Ginger just clicked. It seems probable that River will pledge the frat and the others will rent a residence. Penny is pregnant again but Mary is having unexpected trouble conceiving, which bodes ill for their intended joint-maternity project. There's also the factor that this huge house is beginning to feel a bit cramped, though Mary doesn't see a problem. They can throw up a partition in the rec room or something.

The Ottomas house was struck by lightning during a cooking fire and burned down (i.e. Samantha glitched while giving birth and the only way to fix it was to move them out), so they've moved into the brown trailer in the trailer park, between David and the Knowe family. They weren't even moved in yet when Samantha gave birth to Flavia at the mailbox. They're cramped with only three bedrooms and two baths, but no one was injured in the fire and they feel blessed all the same.

Also playing my BACC, Fishers Island, where babies Grant Munny, Grimhild Estic-Moiselle, and Kitty Hawkins have grown to toddler. They all take strongly after their fathers, though Grant has his mother's eyes. Sadie Hawkins is a child now, and Neva Hawkins is pregnant again. Spring has come, with a flurry of building: a new room for Sadie, a Public Hall for the town, and Fishers Clinic, where Wanda Ivory will see patients. Between the job and the twins, however, she hasn't had the time to study witchcraft as intensely as May Knight, who lost her job as a file clerk and has two full-time free babysitters, so can spend a lot of time in her loft making reagents and studying her grimoire.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 6th Oct 2018, 12:58 PM #3707
lordtyger9
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
I may not be able to finish Drama Acres's last rotation at all. I've only been able to play one downslope household. They crash and they crash and they crash...

So I've played a little Strangetown, where Vidcund and Monica moved into their new home, Tycho grew to teen, and Euclid grew to toddler. Lyla the Littlest Grunt is also a toddler. And a little Widespot, where Rocky has joined River, Ginger, Gavin, and Sadie in the dorms. River and Ginger had been dancing around their dating history, but as soon as Rocky walked through the door he and Ginger just clicked. It seems probable that River will pledge the frat and the others will rent a residence. Penny is pregnant again but Mary is having unexpected trouble conceiving, which bodes ill for their intended joint-maternity project. There's also the factor that this huge house is beginning to feel a bit cramped, though Mary doesn't see a problem. They can throw up a partition in the rec room or something.

The Ottomas house was struck by lightning during a cooking fire and burned down (i.e. Samantha glitched while giving birth and the only way to fix it was to move them out), so they've moved into the brown trailer in the trailer park, between David and the Knowe family. They weren't even moved in yet when Samantha gave birth to Flavia at the mailbox. They're cramped with only three bedrooms and two baths, but no one was injured in the fire and they feel blessed all the same.

Also playing my BACC, Fishers Island, where babies Grant Munny, Grimhild Estic-Moiselle, and Kitty Hawkins have grown to toddler. They all take strongly after their fathers, though Grant has his mother's eyes. Sadie Hawkins is a child now, and Neva Hawkins is pregnant again. Spring has come, with a flurry of building: a new room for Sadie, a Public Hall for the town, and Fishers Clinic, where Wanda Ivory will see patients. Between the job and the twins, however, she hasn't had the time to study witchcraft as intensely as May Knight, who lost her job as a file clerk and has two full-time free babysitters, so can spend a lot of time in her loft making reagents and studying her grimoire.

I am assuming that there must be something wrong with Drama Acres as you note that you were playing Strangetown and Fishers Island, I am very sorry if that is true. I am really going to hate it when or if the same thing happens to me.

Nice to know about your other Sims. I like to follow your play here and on tumblr.

Me I am playing my Pleasantview shopping hood and currently the Pleasant Household with Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant and Lilith and Dirk Dreamer.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Old 6th Oct 2018, 4:06 PM #3708
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

In my Veronaville uberhood, I've been playing Blue Marble (Strangetown). I haven't played that hood in many, many years. I entered the Curious household and looked at the brothers. I was struck by the fact they all lived together. In my notes for setting up the story, I remarked they were all for one and one for all.

Then they started dying. The only one left is Vidcund (my least favorite, mostly because I can't pronounce his name). He has Pascal's twins and alien twins of his own. His also a widower. He married a woman hoping for children, not realizing she was a well-preserved elder. So, he just ignored her till she died of the plague that swept through the household. So, a good husband, he wasn't.

He's a better dad, though. He bought another house in the area and moved into it because he was afraid his little ones would fall down all the stairs in the old house. He's also adopted two stray dogs.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 7th Oct 2018, 4:16 AM #3709
FranH
Mad Poster

Oh, and there's one more thing happening in Tinsel Town this weekend: the 1st annual Beer Blowout Party held at the Warehouse for and by teens. To quote the backstory for this event:

"The 1st Annual "Teen Beer Blowout Party Day" was held today. Hosted by the Sherman triplets.
There was a hot rumor going around town among the teens-that there would be a party celebrating the graduation of the senior class to be held at the warehouse on Saturday. Passed from one to another the word was that it would last all day, all teens were invited to hang out and the beer was free-although totally illegal. Nobody who knew about it let the adults know.
Afterward, there was much shock among the adults that such an event was held and they questioned the Chief of police quite thoroughly about it.
"My officers observed nothing while they made their rounds all day!" she stated. "If there was an illegal party, I didn't hear about it.."
To which one parent stated "Then you must have been deaf! Kristen Swanson heard the racket all the way to her house!"

Kristen Swanson lives about a block away, and while she did hear it, when her children came by to see her, they feigned complete ignorance of the noise that could be clearly heard by everyone at her house.

Old 7th Oct 2018, 8:23 AM #3710
Ness09
Lab Assistant

I returned to my megahood after a few months of absence. I don't really keep track of what's happening, but have a pretty good memory and use the sims' memories when I'm unclear about something. However, I completely forgot that Malcolm Landgraab's wife died of illness last rotation and he is now alone with the triplets. He's taught all three of them to study but otherwise leaves the butler to take care of them while he is making money. Malcolm Jr and Hevel get along fine, but Richard is starting to feel left out. He has by far the worst relationship with his brothers and his father. It doesn't help that Malcolm Jr and Hevel look just like their dad and Richard has bright red hair and resembles his dead mother. I think he's going to be the black sheep of the family. Malcolm clearly doesn't know how to raise children (not that his wife would've been any better at it, Jessica Peterson isn't exactly mom material), but he knows what it takes to run a business and increase the Landgraab fortune, so he will make sure to show his heir Malcolm Jr the ropes. We'll see how Hevel and Richard will take it, once he starts showing his favourism for their brother
Old 7th Oct 2018, 3:45 PM #3711
BlueAlien
Forum Resident

Poor Mitch Indie must have hit his head as he was getting into bed, because when Delilah got back from her exam and came to join him, Mitch jumped out of bed in fright, having absolutely no idea who this woman was! He remembered that he was engaged to someone named Delilah, but he simply didn't recognize her.

Distraught, Delilah sought help. The routine first-line treatments the doctors tried, a Boolprop Reset and a Moveobjects Delete, restored his memory somewhat, but he still only recognized Delilah as a new acquaintance. In desperation, the doctors turned to the Sim Blender. It took several treatments, but at last Mitch recognized Delilah as his adored fiancee. She kissed him, just to make sure, and found his response . . . highly satisfactory.

Although he still spends more time talking to the parrot than he does to her.
Old 7th Oct 2018, 9:19 PM #3712
Sunbee
Alchemist

Dina Caliente and Michael Bachelor make the cutest toddlers. Mortimer is a more attentive step-dad than Dina is a mother, but Alexander gets the "Want to do stuff with the kids" prize.

Dulcinea and Jocasta--Dulci is green, Joca is blue.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_28c17b79_48c56fa1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  58.1 KB  

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Old 8th Oct 2018, 9:00 PM #3713
srtv
Field Researcher

Yesterday I finally decided to marry my favorite couple in Old Town, they are Vincent Moore from Life Stories (Bitville) with Riley Harlow from LS (Four Corners) they were the main characters from each storyline, so my idea was join them to mix all the drama. Since the last Halloween their storyline was simple with a few dates and parties, but now Vincent was finally free from Samantha Hayden and determinate to marry Riley.

Their respective couples from the original storyline Naomi is now married to Keats Margison and currently is expecting a child. In the other hand Mickey Smith is a womanizer in the town.

I plan to do the wedding today.

"Old Town Revival: My Hood"
Old 9th Oct 2018, 6:13 PM #3714
FranH
Mad Poster

Remember our teen femme fatale, Rosemary Bishop?

She's up to her usual tricks, and then some. It appears she's bisexual and willing to play both sides of the field with as much passion as any. She's made Suzanne Snyder (of the famous Snyder quads) to fall in love with her, while she's chasing every other guy in town.

I knew she would be a handful. This is only her teen years, too! I'm gonna really have my hands full with this young lady-whose morals are pretty sketchy to say the least.

Her main boyfriends: Clay Powers, Sheldon Lloyd, and Duncan Sherman, and of course Suzanne, now. She's got her mother's sex drive in spades.
Of course she returns all of their feelings. The more, the merrier, as she believes!

I'm gonna hate seeing what happens when she gets caught out juggling everyone like circus act. There's going to be fireworks...

Old 13th Oct 2018, 12:16 PM #3715
Emerald1234
Scholar

I'm starting an adapted BACC with all the elder sims but aged down.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.

Section jump: