Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1701
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 880 (Who?), Viewed: 361290 times.
Search this Thread
Old 16th Nov 2018, 10:48 PM #876
Mendota
Field Researcher

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 297


At Tedw and Mophar. I really appreciate the work that you are doing on this. I really don't care about the gradual aging part, just being able to adjust the heights is enough for me. I am more than willing to pay you for these efforts, Paypal, patrone, etc. I'll donate $60.00 to the cause, and everyone can benefit.
Old 16th Nov 2018, 11:25 PM #877
tedw
Field Researcher

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 335


It was complicated when I just decompiled, because no matter what I seemed to change or how I edited the files it didn't seem to work. I spent a lot of time banging my head on my keyboard while I tried to work that out without any seeming success. When I finally went back to the original source for thesimmysims's mod and used that as a base, I had more success, but I then had to alter the code where Maxis has made changes to their base code. There is part of the gradual growth which I have not properly fixed yet.

As of right now, the base console command to alter the height from -100 to +100 appears to work for sims of all ages/genders. I don't see much weirdness in walking or animation except where sims clip the seat when they sit down or when they play certain animations with other sims. That is likely to never be changed because the original animations are designed for sims with set heights.

I'm investigating getting it to keep sim heights on aging up but I can't make any promises about making that work. I'll take a look

ETA: Wow, Mendota, that's very generous! But I think it would be unfair of me to take anything given this is not my original code and the updating I've done is not nearly as much work as the original work put in by thesimmysim. Thank you, though!
Old 17th Nov 2018, 1:02 AM #878
Mendota
Field Researcher

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 297


Quote:
Originally Posted by tedw
It was complicated when I just decompiled, because no matter what I seemed to change or how I edited the files it didn't seem to work. I spent a lot of time banging my head on my keyboard while I tried to work that out without any seeming success. When I finally went back to the original source for thesimmysims's mod and used that as a base, I had more success, but I then had to alter the code where Maxis has made changes to their base code. There is part of the gradual growth which I have not properly fixed yet.

As of right now, the base console command to alter the height from -100 to +100 appears to work for sims of all ages/genders. I don't see much weirdness in walking or animation except where sims clip the seat when they sit down or when they play certain animations with other sims. That is likely to never be changed because the original animations are designed for sims with set heights.

I'm investigating getting it to keep sim heights on aging up but I can't make any promises about making that work. I'll take a look

ETA: Wow, Mendota, that's very generous! But I think it would be unfair of me to take anything given this is not my original code and the updating I've done is not nearly as much work as the original work put in by thesimmysim. Thank you, though!



I donated to Sammy and tried to help him keep going. He lived in a third world country and it was difficult for him. I don't think he would mind and it would be worthwhile if someone could take over this mod and keep it up to date. It is sort of like a "foster child" of mods. Not exactly an orphan, but no one to own it. I am more than willing to donate because I really like and need this mod. I play families and I hate having them all look like "Kate plus 8", with everyone the same size.
Old Yesterday, 6:40 PM #879
TrebleRose89
Test Subject

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4


tedw, I appreciate that you're working on a fix for this! I write a sim story and rely heavily on this mod to make my characters be different heights. Please keep us updated with your progress. And I also would gladly help donate to repay you for your time in fixing this mod!
Old Today, 8:26 AM #880
Morphar
Scholar

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,356


Quote:
Originally Posted by TrebleRose89
tedw, I appreciate that you're working on a fix for this! I write a sim story and rely heavily on this mod to make my characters be different heights. Please keep us updated with your progress. And I also would gladly help donate to repay you for your time in fixing this mod!


For the moment I use heightslider151teens.zip from here:
http://modthesims.info/d/588159/height-slider.html

It still works. Whats wrong with it do you think?
The toddler fix is not needed.
Old Today, 11:15 AM #881
Mendota
Field Researcher

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 297


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphar
For the moment I use heightslider151teens.zip from here:
http://modthesims.info/d/588159/height-slider.html

It still works. Whats wrong with it do you think?
The toddler fix is not needed.



Well for one thing I don't like the "foot slider" it is not as easy to gauge the height in CAS with the sims standing alone. And it doesn't include children. I prefer the script and the commands.
Reply


Section jump:


Powered by MariaDB Some icons by http://dryicons.com.