Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1159
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 9606 (Who?), Viewed: 540252 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 8:24 PM #9601
Laurcleve
Lab Assistant

Okay, I thought of a new one. This is the wave of the future, you guys: Virtual Reality Sims. So you can walk around in the fabulous mansion you just built! All the VR games my son ever talks about are ones where everybody is trying to murder as many people as they can. I'm sure there's more potential there than just doing that.

After playing Sims 1 and thinking it was the be-all and end-all of cool . . . and then getting Sims 2 and having my poor naive head blown off by how much more sophisticated it was than it's predecessor, I remember discussing with my daughter about what Sims 3 would look like when they got that far. Or Sims 4! Gulp! She said, "They'll probably be holograms, walking around the house with us by then!" Um, apparently not.
Old Today, 12:19 AM #9602
grinevilly
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
I just make a sim to be owner, set them up and leave them.

I actually have a household that i placed a sim and a bunch of "employees" in. I cheated up the money so he could afford any lot, and hire the "family" to work there. He can buy the community lots, set them to the OFB settings I want, and then (depending on my needs) either sell the lot back to the community or just keep it as an owned lot.

One thing i CANT stand is that "micro-mall" lot they gave us. The set-up is so awful. My sim goes into the clothing shop, picks out some clothes, and then walks all the way across the mall to the cash register in the robotics shop to pay for it at THAT cashier. All the other cashiers sit there with 4 fingers up their butts, whistling dixie, as another patron buys some flowers and walks all the way over to the robotics shop to stand in line and get pissed off that it's taking too long. There's like 5 other cash registers!! UGH!

Therefore, the mod i'd like to see would be to allow boutique shop ownership. I suppose it'd rely on similar principles to Apartments. Other tenants take care of their own businesses, and your active playables take care of their little business. Now that would've been helpful for a shopping district, like malls and boardwalks... Fact is, it takes a LOT of employees to run a restaurant. You simply can't run other shops at the same time.

-gE
>=)
Old Today, 12:55 AM #9603
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to the Desk Locator, except to tell the newspaper carrier where to drop off the newspaper. On some lots it just gets dumped at the edge of the lot.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Old Today, 1:07 AM #9604
Fyren5
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to the Desk Locator, except to tell the newspaper carrier where to drop off the newspaper. On some lots it just gets dumped at the edge of the lot.

This happens in most of my Veronaville lots and it drives me nuts!! Same with houses with a back porch (I don't know what the actual name is). Instead of delivering to the front door, they deliver it to the back!
Old Today, 2:48 AM #9605
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

More random ideas:

- Similar to Crisp&Kerosene's coworkers directory, a hobby club directory listing all Sims who have gotten the membership cards for the various hobby lots.
- A hack that makes the motive drain for pregnant Sims a bit slower (though not the same as non-pregnant Sims - maybe halfway between the two).
- Pets age at 6pm, like other Sims.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Old Today, 8:22 AM #9606
lientebollemeis
Alchemist

47 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
More random ideas:

- Similar to Crisp&Kerosene's coworkers directory, a hobby club directory listing all Sims who have gotten the membership cards for the various hobby lots.
- A hack that makes the motive drain for pregnant Sims a bit slower (though not the same as non-pregnant Sims - maybe halfway between the two).
- Pets age at 6pm, like other Sims.

Pets age at 6pm is doable.
I'll try to do that for you tonight.
I guess without the lifespandays changed?
If you can't wait, there's a tutorial on my blog on how to change a lifespan:
https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...fespan.html?m=1

Changing the petslifespan is quite the same. I am planning to redo these tutorials as video tutorials.

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project: The School Project
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP
Old Today, 8:39 AM #9607
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

The current lifespan is good as it is

Thank you very much!

Section jump: