Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 6:28 PM
Default Okay now I'm really confused... and maybe a bit retarded but I'm just making sure I'm not exaggerating...
First of all, forget that post I just made because it was my first time making a delete post (The reason why the reason is the same as the title is I thought that was a confirmation of the delete so I put in the title of the post, and turns out it was the reason and not comfirmation). Blame me being a noob to the forums because I didn't know that.

Secondly, I thought that I was a dumbass for thinking that it was just the base highet so I deleted it without thinking twice and after looking at the images, I thought something is wrong here.

Now on the last topic of matters; in the image I posted in the last post, I'm pretty sure that's not the normal height of the throne like it feels like the throne's base is a bit higher. So I'm wondering if that's how the throne always looked or if it's something that's changable in the game for thrones because if that's the case, then that's a amazing thing we can do to our throne rooms.

Am I exaggerating the throne's base being higher than normal or has it been always like that? I'm very curious now...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 9:26 PM
That is the base height of this particular throne. Thrones in TSMP&N cannot be raised or lowered, sadly. But, as you likely know, each throne has its own height, or lack there of.
Just my opinion on the throne styles of TSM, simply because I feel like letting it be known, is that most of them are rather ridiculous looking, except for perhaps 3. And I disapprove of the developers' rating system for these thrones. The ugliest, and most ludicrous of them get the higher decor points, and also leadership aura points. If my Xylan Darksword sat in that silly pirate throne, I would laugh him straight out of my game!

Umm, wait a sec...if he popped out and transported into my living room, face to face with me..."Here Comes (me) the Bride!"

Mmmm, I shall think on this more thoroughly....for who would not fall head over Ye Bootsies looking at the most handsome sim this world will ever see???

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 3:45 PM
Ah. Thank you very much. Sorry for the late response so I am just crazy...

And yes I agree with you completely that the more uglier thrones has better leadership aura is just pure bullshit. I'm displeased with the throne looks and rating systems. Personally, I would love to have more throne room style I can switch to through the achievement system. Like the only ones I get is Unfinished / Traditional or if I have the Limited Edition code, the Barbarian, Princess Dream Castle and the Lair of Dark Societies.

Like I would've love it if I get like different styles of throne rooms for getting like to every even number of the watcher levels I get a new theme. I guess mostly because I don't have a sense of design or idk what I'm going for.

Also is it just me or can I not raise lights and other stuff on the sims medieval. I can lower it but I cannot raise it. From a manual I was reading, the only way to raise it is with the # key which I try my best to hit the # which is btw the 3 key and it doesn't raise it. I try Shift 3, hitting just the 3, hitting shift-fn 3 and everything I can think of and it is not working at all. Am I doing something wrong or is the manual just plan lying to me?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:34 PM Last edited by Xeny : 18th Feb 2018 at 5:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheSims23Nerd
Also is it just me or can I not raise lights and other stuff on the sims medieval. I can lower it but I cannot raise it. From a manual I was reading, the only way to raise it is with the # key which I try my best to hit the # which is btw the 3 key and it doesn't raise it. I try Shift 3, hitting just the 3, hitting shift-fn 3 and everything I can think of and it is not working at all. Am I doing something wrong or is the manual just plan lying to me?

Yes, you can raise and lower the lights, but not by pressing the # Number key. Are you certain the instruction manual told you that???? The key you press to raise lights, paintings, shelves, flags, peacock feathers or anything else that can be hung in Furnish mode is the ' apostrophe right above the ? question mark symbol key. The ? question mark key being the one you hold down to lower any of these objects. You may also need to give a command to the command prompt in furnish mode in order to move certain objects. That command being "Move objects on" (or off) without the quotes. Hit CTRL+ SHIFT+C to open the command prompt while in furnish mode to bring her up, then just type the command then press ENTER and it shall be done. You can move much more objects than you may realize now, even adjusting the placement of items such as the bed or urns, vases, fences, paintings, etc. You can slide wall decor as well using the keys [ bracket left, and ] bracket right. [ or ] without the left or right word, mind you. You can also remove objects that may be placed by the game by default, as well using this move objects command, such as the lamp posts at the docks, and then replace them with any lighting of your choice, if you wish, or hang shields on the railing at the docks, or other location that is furnish-able. I often place statues at the pond a favorite place of my physician, where he can get a decor buff while he picks lord leaf flowers.

In the pic below you can see that I have added wall lamps around the lower posts at the docks, and the default lamp posts are removed. You can also see the shields I hung on the railing above the steps. The photo below the first shows how I decorated the graveyard. It looks awesome at night!

https://i.imgur.com/jYeRrvE.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/fbjf0xC.jpg?1

You can also change the color of the lighting or turn the lights on or off by hitting the keys CTRL+SHIFT while holding your mouse pointer on the lamp, and pressing the left click. Hope you enjoy playing TSMP&N even more now with these possibly new found abilities you can apply in your game!

And, what a wonderful, and delightful game it is, and has always been for me, and perhaps a zillion other medieval loving gamer's! My sims are a part of my life now, as it were. The world in TSMP&N is the Watchers to control in any way possible in the world we live in, CONTROL IT! LOL Have a blast playing, forever if it lasts!

TC Xeny

Quote:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 6:40 PM Last edited by TheSims23Nerd : 1st Mar 2018 at 6:43 PM. Reason: Just adding a image
Ah okay, and sorry for the late response, been busy with life. But yeah, the manual pdf I've downloaded said that in order to raise stuff it was # idk why maybe it might've been a earlier or a troll copy.

Also, just a little fan theory of mine in the sims universe. Since the Watcher Religion only exists in the Sims Medieval game, I'm beginning to think that the sims is a alternate timeline of our history where scientific thoughts and discoveries outweigh all religious thinking and thoughts. You know the Family Guy episode where Stewie and Brain goes into the multiverse and discovered a universe where Christianity didn't exist so the world is a thousand year more advanced? Well imagine that but add more bladder problems and whiny people and you would get the majority of the sims series in a nutshell. The only difference is that Christianity did exist in the sims universe through peteran and jacoban priests but only for that brief period during the medieval era before it faded into obscurity under the might that is Scientific thinking and understanding.

Anybody ever have this glitch while playing Kingball? GMOD STICKY MODE ACTIVATE!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:00 PM
Ah okay, and sorry for the late response, been busy with life. But yeah, the manual pdf I've downloaded said that in order to raise stuff it was # idk why maybe it might've been a earlier or a troll copy.

Also, just a little fan theory of mine in the sims universe. Since the Watcher Religion only exists in the Sims Medieval game, I'm beginning to think that the sims is a alternate timeline of our history where scientific thoughts and discoveries outweigh all religious thinking and thoughts. You know the Family Guy episode where Stewie and Brain goes into the multiverse and discovered a universe where Christianity didn't exist so the world is a thousand year more advanced? Well imagine that but add more bladder problems and whiny people and you would get the majority of the sims series in a nutshell. The only difference is that Christianity did exist in the sims universe through peteran and jacoban priests but only for that brief period during the medieval era before it faded into obscurity under the might that is Scientific thinking and understanding.

Anybody ever have this glitch while playing Kingball? GMOD STICKY MODE ACTIVATE!

What I have always found confusing is that a general amount of "scientific" people think science and God are different, or separate, and not associated with each other. Any religion vs science can be thought of in these terms, but not God. It seems to me that folks who try and separate God and science are confused in believing that religion, or religious group is linked with God, of God, and by God. There is logical evidence that God is the creator of what humans call science. Who else, since science was not created by man?

TC, Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:30 AM
[QUOTE=Xeny]Yes, you can raise and lower the lights, but not by pressing the # Number key. Are you certain the instruction manual told you that???? The key you press to raise lights, paintings, shelves, flags, peacock feathers or anything else that can be hung in Furnish mode is the ' apostrophe right above the ? question mark symbol key. The ? question mark key being the one you hold down to lower any of these objects. You may also need to give a command to the command prompt in furnish mode in order to move certain objects. That command being "Move objects on" (or off) without the quotes. Hit CTRL+ SHIFT+C to open the command prompt while in furnish mode to bring her up, then just type the command then press ENTER and it shall be done. You can move much more objects than you may realize now, even adjusting the placement of items such as the bed or urns, vases, fences, paintings, etc. You can slide wall decor as well using the keys [ bracket left, and ] bracket right. [ or ] without the left or right word, mind you. You can also remove objects that may be placed by the game by default, as well using this move objects command, such as the lamp posts at the docks, and then replace them with any lighting of your choice, if you wish, or hang shields on the railing at the docks, or other location that is furnish-able. I often place statues at the pond a favorite place of my physician, where he can get a decor buff while he picks lord leaf flowers.

Xeny, can you describe in detail how you got those vases to go up like that on the cliff? I can't seem to figure it out.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:11 AM Last edited by Xeny : 4th Apr 2018 at 9:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoryAusten22
Xeny, can you describe in detail how you got those vases to go up like that on the cliff? I can't seem to figure it out.

Of course I can, Rory! When you go to the graveyard to decorate, make sure you have told the command prompt to Move objects on, so you can place any item that fits in the small area the graveyard allows. In the graveyard there is a grid that covers the rocky hillside showing the player where the allowed furnishings are possible to be placed. On the left side of your screen towards the bottom, you have the option to show grid lines, or to not. Click it to show them. In this area, the rocky hillside has different heights as the grid line cover a small area on the ground and continues on crawling up the rocky hill. Your object should snap into a place when you attempt to stick something higher than the level ground. This hill also acts as an invisible wall, so wall lamps can be raised and lowered just as if they were placed on royal walls! As you can see the angel can also fit on the hill. Just be careful to not over crowd the ground with items here because there isn't much room as it is, and sometimes the greedy sims can't find their marks if they are covered up by your beauty.
Have a terrific session, me dearling, and show those rocks who is BOSS!

Xeny

Quote:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2018 at 9:53 PM
I have a question for you Xeny. What is this Aura of Leadership thing I've found on the thrones? I don't know what they are and if they have a huge part on the king and queens of the land.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 6th May 2018 at 5:54 AM
I have a question for you Xeny. What is this Aura of Leadership thing I've found on the thrones? I don't know what they are and if they have a huge part on the king and queens of the land.

The Aura of Leadership is the respect or feelings towards the ruler of the kingdom by the citizens of said kingdom. The thrones determine (in the game) at how the king or queen is viewed in general. I believe its purpose in the game is for the monarch to receive more petitioners or to receive petitions more quickly having the more leadership aura points than he or she might without very many, or with none. Sometimes the monarch can sit on the throne attempting to complete a responsibility given but fails due that not enough petitioners have come to make a petition. For those fearing this might happen to their monarch, purchasing a higher level throne may help this situation. I have not had this problem for a very long time, so I no longer purchase the ridiculous, or awful looking thrones. I buy the pretty ones!
There seems to be no other purpose for the Aura of Leadership points other than mentioned above, for basically all the sims not counting hero sims, are ruthless, lying, mean, and selfish beggars and thieves, with only their selves their concern. Sad that. I think the developers could have made a better, and more popular game if they had included kindness in the sim people who fill the game with characters so the player can interact. Its hard wanting to make a kingdom a better place, with a better life for the townspeople in the Sims Medieval game, since they are so disrespectful, nasty, and even cruel to the monarch, and other hero sims regardless of how well hero sims and the monarch treat them.
Sometimes throwing a bad sim into a pit to die for his/her crimes doesn't maintain the fun and enjoyment a video game should give to those that play it. I think that is why TSMP&N failed to be great to a wider public, and why ER Games stopped producing more extensions for this game. But that is theirs and Maxis' faults. It is only us, the fans of the game who have paid the price for their failure to produce the game it should have been. Definitely ER Games lacks greatly in Aura of Leadership.

Xeny

Quote:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th May 2018 at 2:28 PM Last edited by TheSims23Nerd : 6th May 2018 at 2:40 PM.
that makes sense xeny. Thank you very much and I agree with EA lacking in aura of leadership because they effing need it now or they're company is going to go bankrupt in a matter of a few watcher-forsaken years. We're already catching on to EA's schemes and I've have lost ALL faith in there ever being another good sims game since they fired the entire original developers of sims 4.

I know that it's too late for them to change so I've already made a little grave site for the sims expansions in the sims medieval, 2, and 3.

I just want the EA back where they cared for the gamers and make a GOOD sims games like in sims 1 2 and 3 instead of making it a cash grab because if this keeps up, I wouldn't mind going to their front doors with a horde of angry sims gamers with shotguns, pistols, and baseball bats and show them what a mistake they're making...

also am I the only one that think the sims medieval is basically a dungeons and dragon game being played in the sims 3 world?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th May 2018 at 1:58 AM
wait, did you agree with:

EA will soon become bankrupt and it's too late for them to change

The idea of arming every sims fan in the world and going to their front doors

the D&D Game being played in the Sims 3 world?

or a mix/all of the three choices.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th May 2018 at 2:30 AM
wait, did you agree with:

EA will soon become bankrupt and it's too late for them to change

The idea of arming every sims fan in the world and going to their front doors

the D&D Game being played in the Sims 3 world?

or a mix/all of the three choices.

I agreed that ER Games deserves a lynching, not that I wish they would get one. However, only their future knows.

Quote:
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 3:40 AM Last edited by mirabellarose : 26th Dec 2022 at 6:32 AM.

I've been laughing at this whole "watcher" thing in the game. Have you ever read the Apocrypha? Particularly, the Book of Enoch. https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/boe009.htm

There's a story of the watchers who were angels (humanoid space aliens? lol) given the task of watching over this planet. They decided human women were hot and had children with them. Those children were giants and they ruled over everyone with a heavy fist. The watchers brought sin to the world--they taught and encouraged sinful practices--and created misery and lawlessness. Enoch, a righteous man, plays a big part in this story. He is given a message from the watchers for God (they want Enoch to talk God out of destroying them as they know punishment is coming) and God, in turn, responds. God tells the Watchers they done effed up and they and their abominable offspring will be destroyed. The watchers and their giant offspring have corrupted all flesh. Then the flood happened and only eight people--Noah, his sons, his wife, and his sons' wives--were saved. There's a long section in the Book of Enoch where Enoch is in God's presence and it's like standing inside a lightning strike. Enoch is shown the world, the universe, how the universe is ordered, etc., etc.

I think the Watchers were the fallen angels and their giant children were the Nephilim in the Bible.

Some of the Apocrypha comes from Medieval Syrian texts and some from Ethiopian texts. No doubt these texts were a big part of Medieval Christianity. I think the Catholic church uses some of the Apocrypha to this day.

Obligatory lecture: I get what you're saying about organized religion--human precepts creep into religion and cause people to stumble morally--but don't make science your god, either. Science is always changing as new information comes in and universities--the way they are structured and how money in the form of research grants influences what's studied and what isn't--are often resistant to new discoveries. Some of what is taught regarding physics stem from hypotheses proposed 70+ years ago. Long before we were able to explore space. The Big Bang theory comes from the 1930s. 90 years ago! The science world has its dogmas and flawed human understanding as well, not to mention politics and its influence. Not many people know about Lise Meitner, a Jewish woman who discovered how to split the atom. This happened in Hitler's time and Meitner was both a Jew and a woman; therefore, she was a non-entity. She had to flee her country and certainly could not continue with her experiments. Where would we be today if politics and flawed human precepts weren't always tripping everyone up? So, yeah, the science world has the same issues organized religion does. End of lecture.

Edited to add: I may have misinterpreted what you said. It seemed to me that you were saying we'd be better off if we relied on scientific thought rather than religious thought. I say that human frailty has effed up science, as well. Science sometimes lacks the moral lessons we all need to be taught and religion can supply that. But, alas, humans wreck everything.

I'm Lolabellesims. Hi! Check out my stuff at The Sims Resource and at www.tumblr.com/lolabellesims. Maybe I'll go nuts and publish something here, too.