Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1926
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
 Replies: 226 (Who?), Viewed: 10590 times.
Search this Thread
Old Today, 12:29 PM #226
Norn
Inventor

13 Achievements

Testing results for the nameless Petlandia Cottage by Johnny and aisquared. It's a really cute house and the pets had fun running around in the garden

My findings (see attached screenshots):
- The ceiling could use some more love
- plenty unpainted walls in the roof sections
- the fireplace is very close to the table. Maybe add an "Fireproof" upgrade to it? (An alarm is on the lot.)
- there is no waste bin in the kitchen. This is no game breaker but they have to route quite far to the bin in the yard for everything. So maybe add one?

And then I didn't manage to pick up the toddler anywhere on upper floor. Maybe I didn't do it right, I tried several spots, I removed some of the toys to have more room but it still didn't seem enough. Maybe someone else can try it? For me, the toddler would always route to the stairs to be picked up downstairs thus of course blocking everything.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-231.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  83.7 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-233.jpg
Size:  100.0 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-234.jpg
Size:  124.1 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-235.jpg
Size:  103.8 KB  
Last edited by Norn : Today at 1:05 PM.
Old Today, 12:55 PM #227
Norn
Inventor

13 Achievements

Sorry for the triple post, but it may be easier to keep the different topics apart.

Generally I'm still not happy with the tourist trap lot. I don't see any connection to a "light fairy" theme nor does it in my opinion add to the looks of the world. Quite the contrary - imagine living in one of those cute litte huts and that is your view Also we have several nice parks now so there won't be lack of that functionality.

In addition, the fog emitter effect is not from BG/Pets, so it keeps resetting to fog.

Don't get me wrong, the lot itself is great, it's funny and I would love to see it in a larger world. I just don't think it fits Petlandia Village.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-162.jpg
Size:  101.7 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-164.jpg
Size:  104.4 KB  

Section jump: