Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1863
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
 Replies: 1093 (Who?), Viewed: 104207 times.
Search this Thread
Old 9th Feb 2018, 9:01 AM #1076
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

The last house I'll post tonight is called Oak Pass Guesthouse, which is a real-life house in California. An internet search should bring up pictures. It is a guest house to a much larger, modern main house.
Downstairs is kitchen with dining and living area, half bath and corridor to a renovated barn in back of the lot. Upstairs has 2 large bedrooms with terraces and 2 full baths. Not sure what to put in the empty lawn area.

I might post some more in the next few days.
Last edited by ScaryRob : 9th Feb 2018 at 9:15 AM.
Old 13th Feb 2018, 8:15 PM #1077
Ferguson Avenue
Scholar

18 Achievements

View My Journal

Wow, those are some really great builds, I really like the landscaping at the rear of your Eurohouse, I really like the shape and the landscaping of your MinecraftHouse too. I like using Mincecraft to conjure up designs that simply aren't possible within the constrains of the Sims.
Your Oak Pass Guesthouse looks really great too. I really like the landscaping as it is, although if I were to feel the need to add to it then I'd put a large tree in the back corner and a patio at its base with a table and chairs.

Despite being nearly finished with my previous stately home I've started work on a new one across the street...

So far she's just a facade, but I'm hopeful that it too will come to life in the same way as its neighbour.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-200.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  224.3 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-201.jpg
Size:  228.7 KB  
Last edited by Ferguson Avenue : 13th Feb 2018 at 8:32 PM.
Old 13th Feb 2018, 11:07 PM #1078
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferguson Avenue
Wow, those are some really great builds, I really like the landscaping at the rear of your Eurohouse, I really like the shape and the landscaping of your MinecraftHouse too. I like using Mincecraft to conjure up designs that simply aren't possible within the constrains of the Sims.
Your Oak Pass Guesthouse looks really great too. I really like the landscaping as it is, although if I were to feel the need to add to it then I'd put a large tree in the back corner and a patio at its base with a table and chairs.

Thanks for your comments. Since it should be obvious that I like modern houses, it shouldn't hard for you to figure out which one of your uploads I like best. One of these days I'll find someplace to upload my stuff again, somewhere.

Yes, the back yard for the Eurohouse turned out well. Although most people in Europe don't have pools, it's amazing what they often put in the limited space around their houses. I think some, if not most, of the participants of this thread are in Europe, so I don't have to explain.
Here's the link to the Minecraft house that inspired my Sims 2 version: http://idolza.com/qz/61o8050j/how-minecraft/xw10508/

So, here are some more of my more recent builds.

3T2House #05, is obviously a conversion from a Sims 3 house, specifically this one: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=566119
She got it out of a magazine and my Sims 2 version was made with her permission, of course. My version differs somewhat on the first floor, where instead of a garage in the back of the house, mine has a billiards/game room.

My infatuation with concrete continues with ConcreteHouse#09, a house bigger than it appears on a smallish 20x30 (or 20x40?) lot, although this time the use of concrete is tempered substantially by natural stone around the entrance and wood paneling on the top floor.
Ground floor has garage, large lounge, 2 full-size bedrooms (although they're smaller than the upstairs ones), a 3/4 bath and a smallish storage room. Main floor is the usual kitchen with dining area, large living, half bath and a terrace out back. Upstairs has 3 large bedrooms, including the master suite, an additional full bath and a nursery.
Old 13th Feb 2018, 11:27 PM #1079
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

Next up is ConcreteHouse#11, which sits diagonally on the lot grid. Large in all respects, it has 3 large bedrooms, with an additional large room to use as a player sees fit (read: I don't know what to put in it yet), a massive living room with fireplace, bar, piano and two terraces. Pool and spa occupy the partially sunken back yard. Even though the house sits on the diagonal, all furniture and everything is on-grid, so there are no weird animations. Landscaping is unfinished.
Last edited by ScaryRob : 13th Feb 2018 at 11:57 PM.
Old 13th Feb 2018, 11:41 PM #1080
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

ConcreteHouse#12 is loosely based on a real concrete house in the Netherlands. The main entrance is on the right side, not shown in the pics.

I usually only download other players' creations to examine them and to get ideas. I've only kept two of them in my lot collection, and both have been somewhat rebuilt, although ModernVillaRedux, below, is mostly unchanged. Here is the original, an eye-catching, outstanding design: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=234752
And here is my rebuild:
Last edited by ScaryRob : 18th Feb 2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 13th Feb 2018, 11:50 PM #1081
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

I'm often inspired by a single picture of a house, as with my ThreeColumnHouse, based on an advert of a few years ago for a money-lending company with an apparently somewhat bad reputation. The pool is nestled in an extensively landscaped area.
Old 14th Feb 2018, 12:11 PM #1082
Johnny_Bravo
Alchemist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

@ScaryRob
#9 reminds me of a home I made ages ago in TS2. It had a very similar entry, but more of a minimalistic modern. I haven't been able to recreate it to my likings. I think I'll start doing that now, after being reminded of it again

d̴i̶s̴t̸o̸r̸t̵i̵o̷n̴ ̶i̷n̷ ̵̬̾ḿ̸̱y̶̜͊ ̸̟͐m̴̬̎i̶̖͒ń̴̬d̷͎̒
Old 14th Feb 2018, 6:24 PM #1083
Ferguson Avenue
Scholar

18 Achievements

View My Journal

Oh, wow, ConcreteHouse #9 looks like potential dream house material to me, externally all I'd want to add is a chimney (for a fireplace inside the house) and then an Arts and Crafts/Cottage style garden to the rear and then I'd be quite happy living there. Any chance we might get to see shots of the interior?
The landscaping for your ConcreteHouse #11 and ThreeColumnHouse is really awesome too.
Old 15th Feb 2018, 12:08 AM #1084
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

Thanks for all your kind comments, glad you liked my stuff.

@Johnny_Bravo

Recreate it for TS3 you mean?
Post some pics, when you're happy with it.

Quote:
Oh, wow, ConcreteHouse #9 looks like potential dream house material to me, externally all I'd want to add is a chimney (for a fireplace inside the house) and then an Arts and Crafts/Cottage style garden to the rear and then I'd be quite happy living there. Any chance we might get to see shots of the interior?

You're right, it doesn't have a fireplace, but I imagine one could be added, especially one that only has a stovepipe that won't interfere too much with the top floor. Here are the interior shots (the house is only partially furnished):

With a Sims 2 house like this, a player would want to have the mod that prevents Sims from using the garage door as an entrance, because I think they would always use it, instead of going up the outside stairs to the main entrance. The garage door will of course still open for vehicles.
Occasional routing issues such as that will come up with some of my houses, but usually they can be fixed by just keeping a fence gate locked or having that simple garage door mod. One of the most useful things the designers ever did with this game is to allow doors to be locked, or designated only for certain Sims.
Last edited by ScaryRob : 15th Feb 2018 at 6:12 AM.
Old 15th Feb 2018, 1:20 AM #1085
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

This next one is actually MinecraftHouse#01. The one uptopic on the previous page is #02.

Old 15th Feb 2018, 1:37 AM #1086
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

While I'm in my desert 'hood, here's my latest creation of a few months ago, DesertHouse#02.

Old 15th Feb 2018, 11:21 PM #1087
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

Of all the Sims 2 houses I've built, ConcreteHouse#08 is my favorite. It just turned out perfect, in my opinion, inside and out.
It's a two bedroom (both ensuites), with an additional spare room and the usual kitchen, dining etc. It's what one might call a "reverse anatomy" house, because the bedrooms are downstairs and the public rooms upstairs. Modern style, of course - "International" even, whatever that means.
With this house, I used four of the custom content build items I typically use with many of my modern houses, because of their dramatic aesthetic effect, namely, Tiggy's Metro Windows, Linegud's Wall Holes, Curious B's Discrete Concrete Walls Set (which she made after I requested it over at GoS), and xrax's Cypress Trees.
I know some people think the Maxis Discrete Concrete wall covering is ugly, but I like it.
Last edited by ScaryRob : 16th Feb 2018 at 12:15 AM.
Old 16th Feb 2018, 12:13 AM #1088
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

ConcreteHouse#07 is a smaller version of an earlier concrete house I posted, I forget what number it was, 11 or something.
This one's just an 8x8 square block, but still has 2 full bedrooms upstairs and 2.5 bathrooms. There is also a basement to add to the available space.
Old 16th Feb 2018, 8:36 AM #1089
Johnny_Bravo
Alchemist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

@ScaryRob
TS3 yeah, but I kinda have a hard time figuring out the stairs since there's no stage like TS2.
I just realized it could be really useful for saving time not getting the wonky walls you get with cfe. #BringBackTheStage

d̴i̶s̴t̸o̸r̸t̵i̵o̷n̴ ̶i̷n̷ ̵̬̾ḿ̸̱y̶̜͊ ̸̟͐m̴̬̎i̶̖͒ń̴̬d̷͎̒
Old 16th Feb 2018, 9:47 PM #1090
Ferguson Avenue
Scholar

18 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryRob
Here's the pic of the real-life house that inspired me. I think there's resemblance.

I certainly prefer your adaptation, particularly with the pitched roof. It feels a lot more homely and inviting.

You've certainly got a talent for landscaping, your DesertHouse #02 is very evocative with its landscaping, I can feel the dry heat just radiating off of it. I can imagine triciamanly would feel very much at home there.

ConcreteHouse #08 is totally awesome, it really does look great both inside and out, I particularly like the way you've done the landscaping with the shed in the back garden. Very 1960's indeed.

If you preferred my more modern uploads then you're probably not going to like the Georgian monstrosity my yellow house has grown into.
It very much takes inspiration from West Wycombe Park, Basildon Park, Marble Hill and Pavlovsk Palace.

Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-208.jpg
Size:  292.5 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-210.jpg
Size:  290.0 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-211.jpg
Size:  301.5 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-212.jpg
Size:  350.3 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-213.jpg
Size:  296.0 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Screenshot-214.jpg
Size:  307.2 KB  
Old 17th Feb 2018, 2:18 AM #1091
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
If you preferred my more modern uploads then you're probably not going to like the Georgian monstrosity my yellow house has grown into.

Granted, they're not my thing, but I can appreciate the amount of effort you folks put into the details.
Old 18th Feb 2018, 7:26 AM #1092
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

I know flat roofs get old after a while, probably since there isn't much detail to them, and some people just don't like them at anytime. So, I re-did the roof to my DesertHouse#02 that I posted uptopic.
I'm looking for opinions on which roof looks better:

What do you all think?
Old 18th Feb 2018, 11:04 AM #1093
Ferguson Avenue
Scholar

18 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryRob
What do you all think?

Personally I think the flat roof with the parapet/half-wall is much better suited for that kind of house.
Old 18th Feb 2018, 10:12 PM #1094
ScaryRob
Top Secret Researcher

9 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Personally I think the flat roof with the parapet/half-wall is much better suited for that kind of house.

I agree. The only reason I originally had just a flat roof atop a 4-click false level was because I'd gotten tired of always putting a half wall around a flat roof. I have a lot of houses with these types of roofs, but they do seem to fit these houses best.
You probably noticed that a simple pitched roof is not something I included as an option. That's because I don't think it would fit at all.

Section jump: