Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:19 AM
Default Editing World package prior to sharing/installing
I have been trying out some stuff in line with Claeric's discoveries about adding ini resources to your world.

If you put these into the project file before exporting, the export loses them. But I don't really want to hand the users of my world a seperate package of ini resources to apply.

What would be the best way of packaging up the inis with the world so that it installs as intended for the downloader?

Is there any tool that allows editing of packages within a sims3pack, leaving the sims3pack still functioning correctly as a sims3pack?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:26 AM
You edit the .world file in InstalledWorlds and upload that. Dragging a .world file into Installed Worlds counts as installing it and it works with no problems.
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:26 AM
ORLY? I didn't realise that, I thought it had to go through some shennanigans to get recognised. That's a great help, thank you.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 10:15 AM
Carlos, have a look at this thread: http://forums.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=388840

Banned
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:37 PM
Yeah, I tried it as soon as I started testing changing world files. Putting it right in the folder should work. But note that I mean NOT the CAW .world file! The one in installed worlds. Others do not work.