Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 7:17 PM
Has Anyone Tried This for Adding Sims
When in EIG, there are 1 community and several residential lots that you can select and add to your world. Has anyone tried (successfully or otherwise) getting EIG to recognize imported or saved lots of any kind? I was wondering if we populate a lot and somehow import it that way we could place Sims in our custom worlds.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 7:53 PM
Adding sims to custom worlds is done by completing the world, starting a new game, and doing it there. THen you upload the save file as well as the world file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 8:21 PM
Thanks, but I already know that. I'm talking about adding Sims to the world BEFORE exporting. If custom content shows up in EIG, even though it can't be packaged, whether or not you use custom content in a saved or imported lot, but you do add Sims, will they be there when you export the world?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 8:32 PM
You need to build your lots in the normal game (not EIG) then move the family in. You then save this lot to the bin, go into EIG from CAW and place the lot . You can leave it like that, or if you want to set up stories and relationships with other characters, you can upload the save file like claeric suggested
Retired
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 9:13 PM
You can't place lots with families on them in EIG.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 9:27 PM
Okay, for clarity's sake I know all of that. Please do not say yet again how to add Sims once the world has been exported. My question was, and still is, HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS? A simple yes and it doesn't work would suffice. After going through all the posts on this particluar subject I couldn't find anyone who has mentioned attempting it this way, and considering how many modders out there seem rather keen on it for storylines or to keep things in theme or what-have-you, this would seem to be a good workaround. If it actually works, lol.

Of course, if there's something written into the code that would reject Sims of any kind in CaW then it's a moot point. But I read somewhere that someone was able to add Sims in EIG using Awesomemod, but Awesomemod isn't working for me in EIG so I can't test his theory.
Retired
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 9:35 PM
I strongly suspect the infrastructure for recognising and saving sims simply doesn't exist in CAW. I could be wrong. It would be interesting to see.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 10:02 PM
Well. maybe Pescado will update Awesomemod (hint, hint, your awesomeness) so that it does, indeed, work with CaW and then we can create the worlds we originally intended before we found out CaW's limitations.

Yes, in my head I live in a world where all things are possible. Probable, no, but possible!
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 9:57 AM
just a bit off topic but what about NPC Sims living in homes??
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 5:15 AM
if you build a house, move a family in and save it to the bin they are still placed in the 'household' tab. it just has a little hous icon by the family portrait. this is grayed out in EIG so a family cannot be added, unless there is some sort of command for in the actual game after you have added sims that then exports your current town as a world. yes i am also hinting at Pescado if it is possible