Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Additional Entry and Exit Routing Slots to Reduce Door Crowding - Schools, University

by AussomeDays Posted 17th Dec 2015 at 7:14 PM - Updated 11th Mar 2017 at 5:42 PM by AussomeDays : updated info for NRaas users

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 12:40 AM
Oh my god thank you so so much for this. I encountered a particularly horrendous example of this issue recently, and this is exactly what I need to stop a reoccurrence of such ridiculousness. Why EA wouldn't have just made all the doors functional in the first place-? I don't know. Trying to understand why they do anything is pointless. But thank you so much for tidying up their mess!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 1:21 AM
Congrats on the birth of your new mod!

(hands out cigars)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 2:05 AM
Thank you igazor! Hopefully, those cigars will have a calming effect. Logan looks like someone tried to make him into a pretzel -- first time mod jitters...lol

Gingerxyz...you're most welcome, and please do let us know if you experience something you feel is out of whack. We did a lot of testing, and I just hope my instructions are clear as far as usage. It'll be good to hear that someone else is experiencing benefits as well. As far as understanding, ummm, ok, yeah, la dee la daa daa da da...oops, bad Amanda

Thanks guys,
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 2:24 AM
I've been following your thread over at NRaas and happy to see your new mod is now available. Congratulations and nice job.
Be careful with that cigar from igazor. It might have one of those exploding things in it .... he's a real prankster! You've been warned
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
I've been following your thread over at NRaas and happy to see your new mod is now available. Congratulations and nice job.
Be careful with that cigar from igazor. It might have one of those exploding things in it .... he's a real prankster! You've been warned

LOLOLOL...we needed that! As long as the mod doesn't explode with us...
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 11:53 AM
Stuff like this is why you're my favourite modder. I'm absolutely loving the CaSTable RH's and shells!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 1:07 PM
Ahhhh, so you were hiding under this pseudo on MTS :P, can't see the connection with your pseudo on NRaas!

Does this mod only alter the way Sims behave onto RH shells? What if you are using RH replacement rugs?

Anyways, I'll be soon (probably next year as its right around the corner) trying this out and see how Sims behave when they see that. Thanks though for fixing this stinky issue (~you know when they all get muffled into one crowd and there is a Teen in the middle that doesn't care about their Hygiene (now multiply it with 4), imagine that, being swamped with that lovely odor or is it just my imagination ~)

Cheers,
J4Ks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
Stuff like this is why you're my favourite modder. I'm absolutely loving the CaSTable RH's and shells!

Thank you so much GP! It makes us feel great to know that we are (hopefully) adding things to the game that other simmers are enjoying and benefiting from. Happy Holidays to you.

Quote: Originally posted by stevset
Ahhhh, so you were hiding under this pseudo on MTS :P, can't see the connection with your pseudo on NRaas!

Aaaahhh, so here you are J4Ks! Connection = AUSSomeDays -- LoganDownUnder You do realise that there are two of us, right?...though we have been told sometimes that it's hard to tell where one of us begins and the other ends..lol. Actually, Logan created this account here ages ago but neglected it, so I snatched it away from him. Seriously though, it's easier for us to keep up with me concentrating on things here and him on NRaas -- we just pass info on to one another as we learn. He came flying into the room last night screeching "That's brappl, that's brappl, that's brappl"...I thought he had taken ill...lol. I finally put things together. She has a different pseudo here as well. (Yes, I'm the chatterbox!)

Does this mod only alter the way Sims behave onto RH shells? What if you are using RH replacement rugs?

Logan says the rugs would probably work with overrides for their RSLT (and _RIG, slot FTPT possibly), but additional entries with new values would be needed, of course. Due to prior events surrounding the rugs, he thought it best not to just jump in and start making changes to them though. Too bad the Student Union is a shell shell instead of a rabbithole shell, though we didn't actually get any clogs ups there during the last term we tested.

Anyways, I'll be soon (probably next year as its right around the corner) trying this out and see how Sims behave when they see that. Thanks though for fixing this stinky issue (~you know when they all get muffled into one crowd and there is a Teen in the middle that doesn't care about their Hygiene (now multiply it with 4), imagine that, being swamped with that lovely odor or is it just my imagination ~)

I do recall seeing a story similar to this somewhere....all these stuck sims, unbathed, throwing up, bathroom moments, aging up while standing there...it was hilarious! Hopefully, this will help to air things out!

Safe & Happy Holidays!

Amanda
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 6:35 PM Last edited by stevset : 18th Dec 2015 at 7:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AussomeDays
Aaaahhh, so here you are J4Ks! Connection = AUSSomeDays -- LoganDownUnder You do realise that there are two of us, right?...though we have been told sometimes that it's hard to tell where one of us begins and the other ends..lol. Actually, Logan created this account here ages ago but neglected it, so I snatched it away from him. Seriously though, it's easier for us to keep up with me concentrating on things here and him on NRaas -- we just pass info on to one another as we learn. He came flying into the room last night screeching "That's brappl, that's brappl, that's brappl"...I thought he had taken ill...lol. I finally put things together. She has a different pseudo here as well. (Yes, I'm the chatterbox!)

Wait what!!???!!??! You are twins ? Nevermind, I'll get it through my skull that you 2 are 2 different beings

(~I feel like someone is pulling my left leg and another my right leg~)

Anyways, pleasure to make your acquaintance and that other one in another room .

Logan says the rugs would probably work with overrides for their RSLT (and _RIG, slot FTPT possibly), but additional entries with new values would be needed, of course. Due to prior events surrounding the rugs, he thought it best not to just jump in and start making changes to them though. Too bad the Student Union is a shell shell instead of a rabbithole shell, though we didn't actually get any clogs ups there during the last term we tested.

Okay, to advanced for me to alter those on my rugs. I was wondering how it would handle the careers if we assign those with Zerbu Ultimate Careers mod on a building, for example a school that we build our own with several doors. Currently they still clog up one door such as the old EA Schools. But, then again I should focus on those RH shells that's whats this mod is about.

I do recall seeing a story similar to this somewhere....all these stuck sims, unbathed, throwing up, bathroom moments, aging up while standing there...it was hilarious! Hopefully, this will help to air things out!

Speaking of which, after traveling to one of the WA worlds, I bought some extra's Shower in a Can. I always thought if I could gift it to a Sim my Sim knew, they would use it, even tried placing it on the ground behind such Sim. But never seen it happened (got to check if autonomous is allowed on those SIAC).

Anyways this will certainly help with those EA Rabbitholes.

Safe & Happy Holidays!

Thanks! And you both as well, Happy Upcoming Holidays!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 8:00 PM
Okay, to advanced for me to alter those on my rugs. I was wondering how it would handle the careers if we assign those with Zerbu Ultimate Careers mod on a building, for example a school that we build our own with several doors. Currently they still clog up one door such as the old EA Schools. But, then again I should focus on those RH shells that's whats this mod is about.

Speaking of which, after traveling to one of the WA worlds, I bought some extra's Shower in a Can. I always thought if I could gift it to a Sim my Sim knew, they would use it, even tried placing it on the ground behind such Sim. But never seen it happened (got to check if autonomous is allowed on those SIAC).

If I'm understanding correctly, the custom school (non-rabbit) doors would behave like any normal building with multiple doors. As far as the new routing slots, they would only apply to the actual rabbit shells since the resources are only a part of them.

When Logan first added a back door routing slot to one of the school rabbits, most of the sims were still flocking to only the front door because they were all coming from the same side of town (thus door reassignment code was needed to make sure the back door was getting used, too). In the case of a custom building, the game may be calculating one particular door as the closest to arriving sims. That's only a guess, but we're still not 100% sure if we're right about how the game chooses doors when there's more than one.

BTW, I do see an ITUN in gameplaydata called UseDeodorant_Deodorant (glancing at the script, it looks like it's associated with that Shower In a Can from WA )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 12:54 AM
Dropped this into my Moonlight Falls game and 4 kids ran around to the back, 4 on the right door, 4 on the left. Huzzah! No more skipping school because of blocked doors.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 1:55 PM
I just had 5 sims graduate from University. I got them to the Stadium early as I usually do, positioned in front of all the doors. Once the ceremony started they all went to a different door, but got inside before the crowd arrived. The rest of the graduating sims evenly distributed themselves among the 4 doors and made it inside in little over an hour. A huge improvement. Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 5:08 PM
This is a life. . .er, Sim entry saver! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 10:13 PM
This is amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 2:13 PM
I'll never forget the first time my sim graduated. Approximately 30 sims were stuck outside, including students and visiting family. It took sooooo long to enter because most were attempting to go into the same door. Some of those sims could not graduate as a result.

I can't wait to see this in action. However, I do use Jynx's custom rabbithole doors for my school, so I guess this mod wouldn't help in that regard.
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 11:04 PM
Maybe I installed the wrong one...I'm using the Crestview School and Stadium with V1 and more than enough space in front of all doors. I have NRaas but not the Careers. It works great when sims *leave* school but they still stand and wait outside the entrance when school starts - although they do move faster. I've noticed they get in faster and leave school on time though. Did I download the wrong one?

"speaking without permission?" "oops."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by soluie
Maybe I installed the wrong one...I'm using the Crestview School and Stadium with V1 and more than enough space in front of all doors. I have NRaas but not the Careers. It works great when sims *leave* school but they still stand and wait outside the entrance when school starts - although they do move faster. I've noticed they get in faster and leave school on time though. Did I download the wrong one?

Hi soluie,

We didn't notice any issues with that model in Appaloosa Plains, so it should work fine on any lot provided the door areas are clear and the triple doors aren't too close to the lot edge. Version 1 sounds correct. Adding Careers would require Version 2.....Story Progression Careers works with either version.

Just to clarify, you say exiting is great....meaning all 5 doors are being used, right? That indicates that the new door slots are working. The script only handles entering and re-routes sims to all available doors. Are sims actually going to all doors and standing or just standing in front of the original "animating" door?

The only script related things I can think of would be:

• Try deleting the scriptCache.package from the Sims 3 game folder to make sure the cache isn't somehow interfering.
  • Do a test run after removing ALL other mods to rule out possible conflicts (replacing mods a few at a time if things start working).
  • Try using Master Controller to reset that lot (If you don't use Master Controller, you can use the menu to go to Edit Town, enter the lot and exit without making any changes, then Return to Game).
  • Try replacing the school with a "fresh" copy (this will lose stats in pre-existing worlds, so be sure you have a saved copy before doing this if that's the case).
  • Test a different school model to see if sims enter all doors (loses stats as well).
  • Test out Careers (not Story Progression Careers) and switch to Version 2 to see if it works that way.

These are the best places to start that will hopefully narrow things down as to what could be happening. Keep us informed of your progress or if anything jumps out at you that might give further clues as to what may be wrong. This game if famous for sometimes misbehaving from one computer to the next, so it gets harder to track down issues at times.

Amanda
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:14 PM
Yep, at the end of the day I have sims exiting from the four doors in front and one in the back. In the morning, sims stand in front of the original animated door and wait - no rerouting. I'll try your suggestions and report back

"speaking without permission?" "oops."
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 8:38 PM
Thank you so much for this! This is one of the things that I absolutely hated about sims 3. I can't wait to try it out.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 5:24 PM
Wow! Thank you. I was considering adding Story Progression mod to my game just so I could add a high school and split the students by ages so children would attend one and teens the other. Now, I don't really have to do that. I can't wait to test this out. I am so happy that you seem to have thought of everything... NRaas mods other than careers, CAStable rabbit holes, etc. Kuddos to your husband and you.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Ciane : 6th Feb 2016 at 2:21 AM. Reason: added uni info
Have you thought about including all those helpful notes in a txt file with the downloads?

Also, you mentioned this:
Quote:
UNIVERSITY World -- **DO NOT Delete or Replace Uni world rabbits!! Doing so will break the flow of things, and sims will no longer attend classes there. Custom Uni's need to be made via CAW or the NRaas Homeworld University method (unless someone knows of other ways ).

I just thought I'd mention that it is possible to edit the buildings and then save the .nhd neighborhood file for uni to any other game saves where you'd like that university town. I tested this awhile back with a dorm and the university hall. I didn't try it with your CAStable buildings, however. I simple edited the buildings in place to add wide arches inside and move some things around. I couldn't get the exit in the university hall to work for me - you know the back door that no one ever uses. I should have tried with your CAStable building. I shall have to go do that now. ; } (NOTE: I did NOT bulldoze or replace any lots. I simply entered the lot in edit town buy/build mode.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 6:29 PM Last edited by AussomeDays : 6th Feb 2016 at 8:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
Have you thought about including all those helpful notes in a txt file with the downloads?

Hi Ciane!
This is one of those things I call a "blonde" moment, lol. We usually fret so much about breaking something that we tend to overlook little things that should be obvious. A text file would certainly make sense so that people wouldn't need to keep coming back just to get instructional info. I'll make sure to include this in future things and will see about adding to current stuff as well (as soon as I can free up some time...unusually swamped at the moment).

Edit: Just added info text file to this one (copied/pasted from front page).

Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
I just thought I'd mention that it is possible to edit the buildings and then save the .nhd neighborhood file for uni to any other game saves where you'd like that university town. I tested this awhile back with a dorm and the university hall. I didn't try it with your CAStable buildings, however. I simple edited the buildings in place to add wide arches inside and move some things around. I couldn't get the exit in the university hall to work for me - you know the back door that no one ever uses. I should have tried with your CAStable building. I shall have to go do that now. ; } (NOTE: I did NOT bulldoze or replace any lots. I simply entered the lot in edit town buy/build mode.)

We were able to edit things on the lot. We ran into problems with sims no longer attending classes whenever we moved or deleted / replaced an existing rabbit that was already on the lot. Kinda made me wonder if the CaSTables were even gonna be useful in pre-existing worlds. Didn't try anything with the .nhd files though.

If you are referring to the "Student Union" building (adding arches, etc.), that one is actually a shell shell, not a rabbit shell. You should be able to edit anything that's inside as long as you leave the outer shell itself alone. The reason the back door doesn't work is because it's not really a door but part of the actual shell, just painted on. The front door is really a separate object that gets attached to the shell when it is placed on the lot. It has animation and is the only place sims can enter to get inside the shell and to whatever is built under it. If you delete that door, you'll have a gap (duh!), but that's what the actual shell would look like without the script that adds the door.

However, replacing the inner doors with arches works because they are on regular walls that have been built inside the shell. Arches would keep sims from having to enter another set of doorways which probably helps somewhat with congestion at the entrance. I hope all that made sense (and that it's correct).

Do let me know if you discover something else. I'll be glad to pass it along and will certainly update if we figure out anything new.

Amanda
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:16 AM
Hi, GREAT mod idea! I ran Sims3Dashboard and it says that this mod conflicts with bluegenjutsu_Combo_DaySpaHalfTheCost-HalfTheTime-2minNPCExitsAllRabbitHoles. Is this a true conflict? I tried playing my game and it seemed like it was lagging more than usual.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mekia02
Hi, GREAT mod idea! I ran Sims3Dashboard and it says that this mod conflicts with bluegenjutsu_Combo_DaySpaHalfTheCost-HalfTheTime-2minNPCExitsAllRabbitHoles. Is this a true conflict? I tried playing my game and it seemed like it was lagging more than usual.

Hi mekia02,

I don't know for certain, but since the conflicting XML's (school / uni related only) in the Doors mod and Blue's DaySpa mod contain identical information, it may not create any issues for the game since it won't matter which one the game decides to use. If you want to be sure that one overrides the other, you can put Blue's mod in a higher priority folder (i.e. Overrides instead of Packages) OR remove the duplicate XML resources from the Doors mod (if you're familiar with using s3pe).

I haven't experienced any lag issues, but my game tends to lag differently from day to day even when I've done nothing to it...I really need to replace this older pc.

Hope that helps!

Amanda & Logan
Page 1 of 3