Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 2:13 AM Last edited by Sammiannnz : 12th Mar 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Default The Apocalypse Aftermath-Freeform *CLOSED TO NEW MEMBERS*
THIS RP IS CLOSED TO NEW CHARACTERS AT THE PRESENT TIME. THERE ARE ALREADY 5 CHARACTERS IN THE RP. ANYBODY INTRESTED IN APPLYING FOR A POSITION WITHIN THE RP, PLEASE PM ME WITH A LITTLE CHARACTER BACKGROUND THINGY AND I WILL NOTIFY YOU WHEN A POSITION COMES UP OR IF I THINK YOU WOULD SUIT THE CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES THEN I WILL TELL YOU TO POST.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Backstory:
After emerging from the underground testing facility that you were kept a prisioner in for most of your life, you find the world in disarray. The apocalypse came and went but since you were underground, in a sealed bunker you survived. The testing facility was made up of many little bunkers, each big enough to house one person, and the testing facility was a 'top secret' facility in the middle of a deserted desert bowl with nothing but sand and mountains to see for miles. Every one of these bunkers had someone in, when the apocalypse came. But not all of them were sealed so nobody knows how many people actually survived, and what special mutations they now possess.

After escaping from your cell, you crept around your bunker, but found no guards alive, only three or four dead bodies, and stacks and stacks of tinned food, still good to eat, and a deep well, with water that when boiled tastes okay.
Will you emerge from your bunker and try and find more people to talk to, and to survive with? Or will you hide in your bunker alone until you go insane or starve, whichever comes first? What mutation did you get when you were experimented on, and does that help you, or hinder you?
Your life is now in your hands, and with what little there is outside, do you risk trying to survive at all?

Rules:
1. Please no god-modding, it gets annoying
2. Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar(SPaG)-I cannot stress this point enough.
3. Introduce your character when you first come on, try and give us a little of your background etc in your first few posts.
4. Please don't swear, find ways around it, or don't say anything at all. (Things like crap etc are fine, just no swearing.)
5. Only a one or maybe two special abilities because of your mutations.
6. Have fun.

"In spite of everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
-Anne Frank

"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
-Sherlock Holmes
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 2:37 AM
Sitting just inside the entrance to the a bunker is Lacy Stewart, 23. She sits at the entrance of her bunker waiting for light to show her what she alreadys knows in out there. Deserted wasteland, full of rubble and entrances to other bunkers. She hasn't been outside her bunker yet, but she's been practising with the rifle she found below in her bunker, along with plenty of ammunition. Lacy is fully ready to explore the high fenced compound, and now she is prepared for anything that life could throw at her. Or so she hopes. This protective girl has a violent streak, and isn't afraid to use the gun she is holding.

The light streaks over the ground and Lacy looks up, not knowing where the light comes from, as no sun can be seen in the sky anymore, but knowing that it is time for her to step outside and meet her destiny. She stands up and her foot touches outside soil for the first time in 8 years, and she knows that what she knew about life outside, what she remembers is long gone, and this is a new word with new dangers, and she will survive.

-Anne Frank

"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
-Sherlock Holmes
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 8:41 AM Last edited by LilyT : 28th Oct 2011 at 1:30 AM.
((OOC: Hi, I hope this is open, because this sounds like fun, and it sounds like you could use a few more. I hope stealing isn't frowned upon, and I imagine that with the airtight metal waterbottles they have now-a-days, they'd probably have a lot of metal water bottles stored..))

Coralie 1501 had lived in the facility for all of the eighteen years she was on Earth. She was a designer breed, apparently. According to the file she found with her name and numbers on it in the records room in the facility. She had various animal's DNA woven into her when she was just a zygote. She was faster than most humans, but not by much. She wasn't the fastest humanoid in the world, but she was up there. She could also see better than humans at night, like a cat. Maybe she was part Cheetah, she didn't know. She hadn't read all of the papers in her file yet.

As she walked out of the facility for the first time in her life, she wondered what awaited her. She'd done research on the outside world a lot when she was a mere child, but she'd never actually been outside of the facility. She wondered if she'd fit in around the other survivors that weren't in the compound. She'd stolen some boots from a guard, and a pair of pants and a lab coat from a nurse. They were dead, what use did a dead person have for clothing? She hadn't worn anything other than socks and a simple check patterned gown her whole life, it felt weird to have anything on her legs, but pants were the normal, and for the trumping around in the rubble, she'd be needing strong shoes and free legs to do the job. She also stole a bag with a few tins of food, and some metal water bottles.

She's scared, as she sees the outside world. There's nothing there.. Nothing for miles, at least. She decided she'd get out and travel until she could see something, or someone.

She started digging a hole to help her get out from underneath the tall fences, the gates were locked, had been for a long time. Digging was the better answer.

I love turtles.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 5:55 AM
((Yeah, this is open and your post made me realise a few things I need to put in the intro. Just for you to remember, don't make her have too many things. I was just thinking one or two special things and remember(this will be in the intro, so you may want to edit your post or re-think it) this place is in a desert bowl with nothing else around. It's empty because it was a 'top secret' base, and you don't know if anbody else is there yet. Sorry ))

Lacy walked out of her bunker, #41 out of many. She didn't know how many there were, and really didn't want to know. She was wearing the guards uniform, simple army cargo pants and a grey singlet she had found hung over one of the chairs when she had escaped from her cell. She grabbed the gun beside her and slung it over her shoulder, tapping her boot to check that the knife she had stolen was still there and making sure she had her waterbottle clipped to her belt. Her thick soled boots made dull thumps as they hit the sandy path between each of the other bunkers. The first thing to hit was the heat. A dry, unchanging heat without a breath of wind or a scrap of any cloud in the sky. She shook her head slowly, today was going to be a long day.

She checked around each corner with first her gun then slowly brought her head around. Just because she had been in prison for a while before they chose her for 'medical research' as they called it, didn't mean she wasn't knowledgeable. She knew how to defend herself, even though she hadn't been in the outside world for more then nearly 9 years, and you learnt a lot from those who had actually killed people rather than just attacked them. The planners and schemers, the ones who had done pre-meditated murder were the ones that had been her friends in prison, and she had learnt from the best.

She poked the gun around the side of bunker #15 and saw a girl trying to dig through the fence, which wasn't far off. She cocked the gun at the girl and started to come out from behind the bunker wall, but her foot clattered against one of the many stones and pieces of wreckage. Lacy stops suddenly and makes sure the gun has its safety off as she waits for the girl to turn around.

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 1:38 AM
Coralie was getting along with her digging when she heard a clattering noise. Coralie turned around to see a young woman, a few years older than her, she assumed, with a gun pointed at her.
"Don't shoot!! I'm not dangerous!"
Coralie had seen a gun before, on the prisoner side. Never one pointed at her, however. She knew how dangerous they were. She knew if the woman pulled the trigger, she would die, and she was scared of that possibility. Not that she showed it.

I love turtles.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 8:39 AM
"You say you're not dangerous but you're wearing the uniform of a guard. Please excuse me if I don't believe you." Lacy said, not lowering the gun, but hefting it higher, aiming above Coralie's head. I suppose there are only two questions now, "Who are you? And where are you planning to go? It's dead out there, nothing but desert, you won't find anything."

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 3:46 PM
((She's wearing the boots of a guard, and the pants and labcoat of a nurse, with her hospital gownish shirt/dress thing underneath, tucked into the pants. Most people could probably tell she's not a guard.))

I love turtles.
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 8:59 PM
"Nixxy 811032:
Race: Native American/ Irish
Hair: White
Eyes: Grey-blue
Background: Unknown
Additional Details: Possibly blind, no reactions to any tests of the eyes. Has been mutated so that her hair is white. Hearing is mutated beyond that of a normal humans. Almost batlike. Can find her way around by making sharp clicking noises with her tongue, lets the noise bounce off of objects. Reacts negatively to loud, high noises.Extreme balance due to mutated tail like appendage at the base of her spine."
Nixxy read her papers out loud. She had been tested on even before the apocalypse
"Blind my butt.." she said.
She was wearing a black leotard with combat boots. A long trench coat covered most of the leotard...and most of her tail, which had lengthened considerably with the rays of whatever that where leaking in her home . She brushed a few suspicious stains off of the paper and continued to read.
"Violent when tempted, and extremely schizophrenic, but quite brilliant for her current educational status, having been found here before receiving any education. Refuses to tell of background, quite doubtful she even remembers."
Nixxy remembered, but she wasn't about to let a bunch of 'coats' steal her thoughts. She had finished reading the papers and set them down on the floor of the bunker. She grabbed a lighter she had found and burnt the papers to ash. After sweeping the ash into the remains of her toilet, she sat on the bed, examining her nails. They had been trimmed only once or twice every year. Her hair was long, ratty and dirty. That had probably never been trimmed. Nixxy knew she wasn't the only one here; if she listened hard enough, she could hear faint thumping. Maybe people were pounding on doors, or walking around. She would have to leave at some point, sleep and protection she could do in here, but she could only stand using the bathroom in the broken toilet in here for so long, and she wasn't about to eat inedible things. Not yet.
She had the lighter, her fingernails, stealth and possibly broken, rusty pipes from the bathroom on her side. Eventually, mobs would form of the strongest, and the weakest would tag along, hiding underneath their shadows. Nixxy would have to assert herself early on, because most people weren't going to respect the blind girl, who wasn't blind.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 4:10 AM
"Well." Lacy demanded, "Tell me who you are or I may be tempted to pull this trigger and splatter your pretty little brains on the ground." Lacy put her eye to the sight on the rifle she said and lined it up properly. "Are you going to answer me?"
When there was no reply Lacy started counting down, "5.........4.........3.........."

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Scholar
#10 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 10:26 PM
Nixxy pulled one of the rusty pipes from the wall. It would work fine until she got some real weapons. Nixxy walked over to the door of her bunker and pushed it open slowly. With her back to the wall, staying as much in the shadows as she could, she stuck the pipe out the door. No attacks or gunshots...yet. She walked out slowly, slipping out as close as she could to the wall. Still nothing; a little disappointing in her opinion. Nine years in this place, and nothing amazing had happened. Nixxy wasn't about to pick a fight, though. Let the fight come to her.
"And they call me schizophrenic..." Nixxy said disgustedly.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 8:22 AM
"3....2.....1....." There was no reply from Coralie so Lacy aimed the gun properly shot the trigger, causing Coralie to drop to the floor, dead, with her blood staining the ground behind Coralie. Lacy shouldered the gun and stepped over to Coralie's body and looked down at it. "Well, you didn't answer me." She said, turning around and going to search the facility.

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Scholar
#12 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:36 AM
Nixxy jumped as a shot rang out through the facility.
"What the crap?!" she whispered to herself.
She pulled the collar of her coat up around her face and stepped back into the shadows. This was a skill she had gained previous to her life in the tasting grounds. She had always worn black. It was her color, and she'd worn always. Her collar limited visibility slightly, but no one saw her after she hid. At least no one had yet.
"Let the fight come to me," she whispered to herself. She had been trapped in here for eleven years, ever since she was five. After and unfortunate 'accident' involving her, a knife and the man who had abused her her whole life. She didn't talk too much; didn't feel the need to. Nothing, but there were footsteps, getting closer. On the off chance someone would see her, she adopted her most pitiful 'Please don't hurt me, I can't see,' look and hoped for the best.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 3:12 AM
((This isn't getting anywhere. ))

Lacy crept around corners, peering into open bunker doors, shooting open locks of those that weren't open. She pointed her gun into every bunker she came to before looking inside. She wouldn't enter them, who knows what she would find underneath the earth in the bunkers. Lacy felt the sun on her back and a rivulet of sweat run down her back as she shot the lock off the bunker next to Nixxy's, before checking the inside and calling out to anybody who may be in the bunker. She left the door open and walked over to Nixxy's bunker and shot the lock off.

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 3:26 AM
((I'm confused. Does Lacy know Nixxy? Sorry if that's a stupid question. Please don't shut this down, I really like it!))
More gunshot. Nixxy snuck back around the corner, seeing a girl, older than Nixxy by at least seven years. Nixxy wasn't sure whether or not she had left anything of use in her cell. She crept around the corner, holding her pipe at the ready, just in case. She stepped down, her foot hitting a rock, which bounced off of the wall with a large clunk. Nixxy swore under her breath.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 7:22 AM
((No they don't. Everybody was kept in isolation. I just used Nixxy's name as a reference point.))

Lacy heard a rock down in the bunker she was peering down into.
"Is there anybody down there?" She called out, without entering. "Can anybody answer me?"

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 2:46 PM
((OOC: Hi there, this roleplay sounds like fun. It's my first time roleplaying on these forums, so I hope I got it right!))

Johny had never seen the outside of the bunker he had been confined in for all the nineteen years he had been alive. He was wearing a long-sleeved velvet-colored shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, the shirt having dirt stains on it. Along with that, he wore a short, dark brown coat and matching pants. On his head he wore a red beret he had managed to salvage - it went along well with his "puffed" hairstyle and hid his leopard-like ears... or so he hoped. "And according to this file..." Johny muttered under his breath, "My ugly, pointed, triangular cat ears give me a more accute hearing..." A gunshot caught his attention. He raised his left eyebrow for a split-second, but the thought of someone else being there did not occur to him at all. Acting quickly, he hid the file in his coat and walked away briskly.

Having walked for what he deemed a safe distance away from the sound of the gunshot, Johny sat down and took out the file again, scanning the small black words printed on the white paper, slightly yellowed with age. "Black hair... black eyes... of Asian descent... nineteen years old..." Johny stopped reading for a moment, slightly frustrated. "All that is fine, but what about these ears?" he thought to himself. Sighing, he stared at the ten or so tins of food and the three water bottles he had managed to steal. How long would this last him? A week? Johny took out the file once again, and after some digging, he managed to find the paper that referred to his mutation. "Implanted with the DNA of a cheetah in the neck and bottom of spine. Can run fast, also has two cheetah-like ears that give him more accute hearing." Upon reading this sentence, Johny lost his temper and yelled, a little more loudly than he had intended to. "So what they're trying to say is that I have four ears?"

Johny regretted what he said at once. It echoed all around him, and he was certain that whoever had managed to fire the gunshot would have heard him. He felt defenceless - all he had managed to find was a box of matches, the wood rotting away. Johny stayed still for a moment, hoping that no one had heard him.

((I have a picture of Johny - is it okay if I uploaded to photobucket and posted a link here? My apologies if this is not the norm here, I'd just like to know.))
Scholar
#17 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 3:08 PM
Nixxy heard a voice.
"Is there anybody down there? Can you answer me?"
Without meaning to she replied, "What's happening?"
All of a sudden, she passed out. A swirl of colors rushed passed her; it felt like she was flying. Then, she felt a a thud, and she had landed, in front of a house she new well. It was her house, before they came.
The white picket fence, the purple azalea bushes out front. Even the furniture she could see through the window was exactly the same. She watched, dumbstruck, as a younger version of herself, sans the white hair strolled leisurely up the front steps and into the house. Nixxy followed, knowing what would happen next.
"Mom? Dad?" Young Nixxy said, back when her name was Nona Xavier.
"I'm only saying this once. Get out of my house, you and your addictions. I won't have you putting our daughter at risk," said her mom, striding out into the living room, pulling Nona along with her, hiding Nona behind her back.
"Please, I wasn't going to leave it around. I was getting help for it..."
That was it, the first straw. They fought more and more, until finally, Nona snapped. There was a gun, hanging up on the wall. Nona's father had been a hunter when she was younger. She could shoot a gun. She pulled it down, and undid the gun lock. Her parents were arguing on the front porch that day. Nona opened the door; they didn't notice. Two shots ran, and her parents fell, one by one. Neither knew what had happened.
Then Nona flew into a rage. She shot everything, tore things to pieces. By the time anyone realized what had happened, she had destroyed the evidence of her crime, and hid herself under a pile of wreckage.
Then a male voice (who would later turn out to be one of the scientists she so despised) said, "Is there anybody in here? If there is, please answer me!"
"What's happening?"
"Could you tell me your name?"
That was the last time Nixxy ever spoke to a human being. When she was asked her name, in a stroke of inspiration, she wrote down the name "Nixxy", Combining her first and last name.
Nixxy opened her eyes blearily. She had hit her head pretty hard, and everything was dizzy.
((This is adult Nixxy ))
Screenshots

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 9:40 AM
((Do whatever. It doesn't matter to me.))

Lacy's advanced bald eagle/owl hybrid eyes caught the sight of movement at the very edge of the light inside the bunker she was peering into and she heard a muffled thump. Lacy let her gun fall to her side, held against her by the shoulder strap. She quickly knelt down by the figure who had fallen. Although Lacy had a violent streak she was also very caring at times, and these two sides often warred with each other and caused her massive pain. "Are you okay?" She asked Nixxy softly, as she heard the yells from across the facility. She left them for the moment, she could track that person down a bit later should it come to that. "Are you hurt at all?" She asked to Nixxy, seeing her features quite sharply due to her hybrid eyes.

((I have pics. I'll upload them next post. ))

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Scholar
#19 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 1:39 AM
Nixxy's vision focused slowly and she looked up into the face of the woman she had seen earlier.
"Are you okay? Are you hurt at all?"
Nixxy's eyes widened and she looked around slowly. There was a dull throbbing pain on the back of her head.
"Nothing other then a bump," she said.
As she lay, Nixxy realized that she was lying in a puddle of something warm... and sticky.
"How old are you?" said the woman.
"About sixteen, maybe seventeen. I haven't bothered to keep track, other than knowing if a year has passed..."
Everything went black again.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 8:31 AM
((Please don't god-mod my charrie okay? I don't like it, especially when I wouldn't have made my character say that. At least not yet. Thanks. ))

Lacy saw the girl pass out and picked her up softly, taking her outside into the sunshine, but keeping her in the shade so she wouldn't get too hot. Lacy quickly grabbed her water bottle and cleaned off the wound where Nixxy was bleeding from. She quickly pulled at her shirt and ripped the last ince off, revealing her tummy slightly. She wrapped the end of the shirt around the wound and tied it off, then left her there in the shade with the waterbottle and went in search of the screams.

Lacy crept around corners with her gun held infront of her and working methodically as she had been taught and soon came across a figure with a brown coat. A rock clattered by her foot and she swore under her breath. She let the gun fall to the ground with a clatter and put her hands up. She called out to him, "My gun's down. Tell me who you are."

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Scholar
#21 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 1:42 AM
((sorry about that, I didn't mean to be a god-modder. I was running out of time and ideas, so I was pretty much pulling at straws))
Nixxy groaned and opened her eyes. There was a bandage wrapped around her head, and she was lying in the shade. With a waterbottle. Nixxy leaned against the wall and closed her eyes. Screaming, banging and occasional gunshot rang out, almost echoing in the darkness. Strange. At least compared to the noises she was used to from the bunker. Well, the screaming wasn't too different, at least from what she could hear from her bunker. Neither was the banging, come to think of it. Nixxy had been put in the "crazies" sector, so screaming and banging was the usual. It was the gunshots that disturbed her.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 8:22 PM
(( is this RP still open? If so I would live to join in , if not just tell me and I will delete the post ))

Vivian Black, 16 kicked open the door to his cell and looked around. Vivian was a tallish slim boy with longish wavy auburn hair . He has the smell of a dog and the venom loaded fangs of a snake. Looking around he found Three dead bodies , two of guards and one of a man in a tuxedo . Moving twoards them he decided to raid them for any form of clothing and weaponry he could use. After stripping all three bodies of anything salvageable , Vivian went into his cell and came out fifteen minutes later dressed in a outfit that made him look strangely like a punk star he saw in magazines he stole , ripped black jeans, brown boots, ripped white t-shirt and a ripped vest . In his hands was a small knife . He started on his way to get out of here and to see if he could find any survivors .

((my first time trying a RP hope it was good))

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 2:51 AM
When Lacy got no reply and picked up her gun and shot a couple of bullets over Johny's head. "Don't sneak up on me. You want to come find me, make yourself known. I have no time for people that sneak around." And with that she walked off, leaving Johny to his own silent thoughts.

She quickly walked off and heard movement in a bunker just up ahead. She trained her gun on the lock and shot it open. Without making herself a target, she looked through the crack of the open door between the door and the hinge and saw movement of a guy inside. "Who are you?" She called out to him.

((Okay, to describe Lacy, incase you can't see from the pics. Turquoise eyes, really bright blue/green, short messy ginger hair, black singlet and green army cargo pants that unzip at the knee(I love those sorts of pants), gun is like the one in the pic, and she has a tattoo somewhere, I'll mention it in a post.))
Screenshots
Attached Images

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Instructor
#24 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 8:06 AM
((me? Yay!))

Vivian Turned his head to the voice he heard . "I'm Vivian . Now, who are you?" he asked Nervously. He dared not move from the cot he was seated on for fear of whoever this unknown may be . While waiting for a reply, his mind flashed back to a time when everything was "normal" whatever that may have been . He was somewhat content with it, but knowing that all of it may never return scared him . He wondered if the unknown was safe and wondered if he should ask to join up with it . He made the blind descision to trust the figure and calmly yet nervously asked if he could join along with this person.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 2:27 AM
"Come out into the sunlight where I can see you then, I'll make a decision, and I warn you, attack me and you'll find yourself dead." Lacy replied, keeping her eyes on the figure, and pointing her gun at the doorway, ready to aim it at the guy inside who was, hopefully, coming out.
Her mind was on the figure inside and wouldn't wander at all, but absentmindedly she scratched her lower back where a tattoo lay inked into her skin. It couldn't be seen by anybody so she let her hand drift back to the gun's trigger.

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Page 1 of 6