Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 2:53 AM
B! She's never shown interest, Matty has always wanted to go to uni, bring 4 kids and its bound to be a fun mess
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 5:02 AM
I like C
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 7:20 PM
B is my favourite option, personally.

I post once in a blue moon and then hibernate and draw- sorry about that!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#79 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 1:37 AM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 6th Sep 2020 at 9:56 PM.
Default Part 16 - Dina Goth's Big Dilemma
Votes 13, 14 & 15 now closed.

Corrie Dreamer went on her mountain vacation. When she returned to Pleasantview, she adopted a dog named Buffy. So far, they don't actually get along and Corrie fears that Buffy may decide to run away.

Skipper Broke is not going to let her pregnancy interfere with her political career - instead, she and Cyd Roseland are going to form the perfect family to get all the votes. Hopefully none of them will find out that he's recently started sleeping with the elderly and widowed Jennifer Burb.

Finally, Bella Dreamer will be going to University after all, but her sister Ilana will be staying in Pleasantview with her husband Matty and their baby quadruplets.

But now, onto what may be the most dramatic vote yet: New Vote - Part 16

Dina Goth needs to make a big decision - the fate of the entire Goth Legacy rests on her shoulders.

You may recall that Dina arranged to trick her husband Mortimer into believing that Arthur was in fact his son. She did this because she was afraid of what would happen if she didn't give him a son - a fear that was quite valid considering she later discovered that Mortimer had murdered his first wife, Bella, among others. Only she knew of Arthur's true parentage until she got drunk while on vacation and revealed this information to her daughter Viviane.

Viviane takes after her father - a lot! While she hasn't started murdering anyone yet, she has put in motion a plan to make herself the matriarch of the Goth family. Revealing to Arthur that she was not his sister, she seduced him. They are now married and have had two children - Diane and Hera. That both are daughters and not a son and heir may be the only reason Arthur still lives.

Dina is aware of Viviane's plot - but she doesn't know how far it will go. Will Viviane stop at nothing to get her way? And now Dina's youngest child, Lance, is also showing signs of being unstable, constantly fighting with Alexander and Jerry who currently hold the power in the family. If Alex refuses to step aside when he realizes that Arthur is not truly a Goth, will he be in danger himself?

And so Dina must decide what she should do for the good of her family. Should she:

A - Tell Alexander to run. Give him money for himself and Jerry and their adopted son Diego to give up being part of the Goth family. They can run their restaurant and live in peace far away from the drama associated with the Goth name.
or
B - Take her two teen daughters who still have a hope of ending up living somewhat normal lives (like her eldest Morganna) and head to the Islands. Stay there with the girls until it's time for them to go to university and stay out of the way of the wave of destruction that is her daughter Viviane
or
C - Help Viviane. Alexander isn't her son, and neither is Arthur for that matter. Now that the new pool has been installed at the Goth Estate, would anyone notice an accident that eliminated the last of Mortimer's children by Bella?
What should Dina do?
Screenshots
Instructor
#80 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 2:29 AM
I pick C
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#81 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 10:20 PM
I started this thread a year ago. It went strong for a while, and then I didn't get as many votes, and then I got distracted
I've been playing Pleasantview again, and wonder if it's worth reviving this thread.
So please vote - and I am going to make voting easier! You are welcome to comment with your vote, but you can also just choose agree or disagree.

Agree - I should recommence giving scenarios for you to vote on

Disagree - I should leave this thread in the past.

Thank you to everyone who participated!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#82 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 9:47 PM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 18th Sep 2020 at 4:36 PM.
Default Part 17 - What happened to Lance Goth? - voting closed
Thank you for your votes! I am going to resume posting scenarios from my Pleasantview with several possible courses of action. Through your votes, you will get to decide which option my Sims will pursue.

Please note that as I play, other events that happen in game can occur to derail my plans. I will stick to the scenario in the vote as much as possible, and let you know if any modifications have taken place. You will see an example regarding Part 16 in the recap I am posting next. Since a lot has happened since I last posted in this thread, I will hide it under a spoiler, so for those of you who just want to dive in and start voting, you won't be distracted.

So now that you are all caught up (or not - up to you!), let's proceed.

What happened to Lance Goth!?

The youngest son of Mortimer & Dina Goth, Lance was generally ignored. Arthur was the golden boy. He was the heir. Mortimer adored him, and Dina adored her daughters and only Elaine, Lance's twin, adored Lance.

And after his Dad died, Alexander too paid more attention to the heir than another kid under foot.

Lance's feelings? Alexander is a jerk. His husband Jerry is one too. All the Goths (except Elaine) are terrible people, and he hates them all!
He doesn't yet know about Viviane and Arthur's deaths, but he'll be glad when he learns about them!

After getting into a physical altercation with Jerry when Lance picked on Diego (Jerry & Alexander's adopted son), Lance took off. He was about 15 then, and now, he and Elaine are about 21, the age when Sims in Pleasantview typically head off to University. But where has he been, and what does that mean for what will happen next?

Time to vote!!
Please react to this post with Agree, Disagree or Helpful to vote. You can choose Funny & Love as reactions without affecting the vote, or post a comment too.

Agree - Lance has been hiding in Three Lakes. There, he worked hard in a lumber mill, increasing his mechanical skills dramatically and earning enough money to bribe his way into Sim State University! Not that he cares about getting a degree - but having powerful friends who are part of a secret society will be helpful once he puts his plans in motion. He will use his influence to become Captain Hero - then, no one will suspect him when people start disappearing!

Disagree - Lance escaped to the Twikkii Islands. He has been building up his strength swimming every day, and surviving off his exceptional gardening skills, but has not qualified for University. Instead, he'll spend his YA years impressing Pleasantview's local crime syndicate, which covets the influence of the Goth name for themselves. Lance Goth - Criminal Mastermind. Mortimer would be so proud.

Helpful - Lance ran off to Takemizu Village. There, he met a wise teacher who took him in, and prepared him for everything to come - admission to SSU with top grades and scholarships, the ability to teleport from place to place to surprise his enemies, and how to use the law to his advantage. He just has to become The Law, and his family will fall.

Thank you for your votes!
Screenshots
Attached Images

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 18th Sep 2020 at 4:37 PM.
Default Part 18 - Gina Caliente & Lori Carr - a love story? - voting closed
Thank you for voting on Part 17 - I will update once things are set up - Lance is set on his path towards Criminal Mastermind!

Meet Gina Caliente & Lori Carr

Gina is the daughter of Nina Caliente & Daniel Pleasant (who were engaged and lived together, but never married).
Currently, she lives in an apartment with her mother - they are very close. Her father died when she was still young.
She's a family sim who is very much into video games. She recently graduated from Sim State University, and has started a career in education.

Lori is the daughter of Brandi (formerly Broke) & Joe Carr. After her mother died, her father took off, abandoning a teenaged Lori, who was then raised by her brother Beau.
Currently, she's living on campus in Annya Annya Nagard Sorority, where Gina had also been a member.
She's a family sim who loves music and has been paying her way through college earning tips.

Gina & Lori started dating in high school shortly after Joe took off. A 2-bolt couple, their plans include getting married, having a beautiful house, and each giving birth to a child - Gina receiving the sperm donation from Beau and Lori receiving one from Danny Pleasant (Gina's twin), so that they are both related to their children.
(Images of Danny & Beau)

Except, Lori messed up. She didn't focus on her studies and ended up on Academic Probation and didn't graduate at the same time as Gina, putting all their plans on hold. Gina was pretty mad about it, but they managed to work things out.

At least, that's how it seemed. Until Gina went to the LuLu Lounge (Pleasantview's Gay Bar) and met Kea Almassizadeh.

Despite the fact that Kea is also in a relationship with another woman, she and Gina had a wild night and ended up woohooing in the hot tub!
What to do? It's up to you!

Time to vote!!
Please react to this post with Agree, Disagree or Helpful to vote. You can choose Funny & Love as reactions without affecting the vote, or post a comment too.

Agree - Gina and Lori have been together forever. They have their plan, it just got a little derailed. Once Lori graduates and moves back to Pleasantview, they can plan their wedding, have their babies, and live their best life. It's probably a good thing Gina got her "wild oats" urges out of the way - now she can focus on the person who means the most to her.

Diagree - Sure, Gina should have talked to Lori about how unhappy she was, but just because they found young love doesn't mean they found love forever. Kea wants to marry Gina, she's ready! No more waiting. Sure, Lori might be absolutely, utterly and completely devastated - she does have abandonment issues after all - but if their relationship was truly meant to be, Gina never would have strayed.

Helpful - Honesty is the best policy. Gina should confess her affair to Lori. How can they move forward otherwise? And maybe she forgives her, and they go on a romantic holiday to the Mountains to reconnect, and see if they can get their plans back on track. But maybe Lori doesn't, and then Gina will be the one feeling abandoned and depressed.

Thank you for your votes - as always, feel free to comment as well, but please vote using the reactions so we can keep an accurate tally. Gina & Lori are in your hands
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#84 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 4:35 PM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 30th Sep 2020 at 12:15 AM.
Default Vote Now - Part 19 - Jessica and Matthew Picaso - Empty Nesters at last
It seems we have almost complete consensus on Part 18. I will update you once Gina and Lori have their intimate encounter where Gina will confess her affair (via the confess cheating mod), and Lori will get to decide whether or not she wants to continue their relationship. I will let you know how it goes! Lori has finally completed her degree - she did not flunk out!

And here is a photo of Lance with his garden. He's in Twikii Island. He's still a teen, as his twin Elaine did not elect to go to college yet. She's such a brat - keeps rolling wants to go on dates, but none for school. She's gotten SO MANY D-s. Her poor mother (Dina). Looking forward to Lance skilling up and then starting his journey of evil!

But, now it's time for Part 19!

Jessica and Matthew are on the cusp of elderhood. Their 4 boys (the younger 3 were triplets) are finally off to college and suddenly, it's just the two of them in their house. With both planning retirement, and no one else around, it's going to become apparent to them very soon that their marriage has been empty for years!

You may recall that Matthew had had an affair with Lilith Pleasant, which is perhaps when he felt the most alive. But when Dirk found out, Lilith ended it and now she and Dirk share a relationship to envy. Since then, he hasn't strayed from his marriage, but he hasn't put in any effort either.

Jessica always put her energy into the boys. She never learned of the affair - she's always considered Lilith a good friend. Between making work, making sure that 4 teenage boys didn't starve to death or do anything disastrous (well, her eldest Matty got his girlfriend Ilana Dreamer pregnant when they were still in high school, but they got married so NBD), Jessica has barely had time for her garden, let alone to notice that she and Matthew don't talk, don't spend time together, and have nothing in common anymore.

So, what will happen to them now that they will no longer be able to ignore the distance between them? It's up to you!

Time to vote!!

Agree - Divorce is expensive, and painful. Their marriage may not be a lovefest, but they don't fight. Jessica loves her garden, and if she goes on vacation with some nature loving buddies, and Matthew focuses on his own hobbies - fitness & sports, they can spend their elder years in comfort and be content. It's not exciting, but sometimes life is like that.

Disagree - Matthew and Jessica should give it one last try. A vacation to the mountains - hiking, bird watching, looking for insects. Everything that Matthew hates. By the end, they'll be fighting and dislike each other so much for trying to force something that isn't working that both will be desperate to divorce by the time they are home. They'll sell the house and each get a small apartment for a new beginning, even if so late in life.

Helpful - Jessica is NOT looking forward to being an empty nester. The house is too quiet, too empty. And meanwhile her eldest has already given her 6 grandchildren! He and his wife want at least 4 more and they are struggling. If she moves in with them, then she'll have babies to take care of again! She kind of wants another baby, but at her age, it's not really an option, but this would be a perfect solution. Poor Matthew would be alone at home - she could come stay with him from time to time, but he does have friends and likes to go out, while she prefers to stay home anyway. What a perfect way to ignore their problems.

Thank you for your votes. Please also comment if you wish, but vote using the reactions so we can keep an accurate tally.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#85 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 11:59 PM
I've voted Agree. It's nice to see an elderly couple still cuddling and holding hands, but many older people's marriages aren't like that -- they're more about companionship and mutual comfort than passion. (It's why I feel that "chemistry" is only about initial attraction -- it's got little or nothing to do with long-term compatibility.) She can still support her children and grandchildren while staying with Matthew. Her son's family can invite her over every day to help with the house and the children. And/or she can invite her older grandchildren to come and stay with her and Matthew. I used to love staying with my grandmother when I was a child. It would have been even better if my grandfather had been there, but unfortunately he died when I was five. Perhaps Matthew could share some of his interests with some of the grandchildren. Jessica and he would be so busy they'd never have time to worry about their love life.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#86 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 12:14 AM Last edited by Coriel_Muroz : 7th Oct 2020 at 5:40 PM.
Default Part 20 - I forgot about Kaylynn Langerak - how to make it up to her?
I'm really excited to play what happens next with the Picasos - check back soon, as Jessica Picaso moves in with her daughter-in-law and grandchildren, while Matty tries to finish university (he's ended up on Academic probation TWICE) and Matthew gets to live it up in a big house by himself.

@AndrewGloria thank you especially for your carefully thought out response - I didn't comment earlier as I did not want to influence other voters. It means a lot that others are taking these decisions seriously and contemplating what option really seems to make the most sense or would be the most fun/interesting. While Jessica and Matthew aren't going to live together for the next while, they aren't getting divorced and may well live in that pleasant companionship once Jessica's grandkids don't need her anymore.

While I am a little behind playing the results of your votes, they are in the queue for what will happen in my game.

But now I need your help with Part 20.

You all know Kaylynn Langerak - maid extraordinaire, the affair that ended Daniel & Mary-Sue Pleasant's marriage, a lover of Don Lothario before he disappeared for Pleasantview (murdered by Mortimer Goth, if you recall)

The thing is, I didn't make her a playable. She has continued to be a maid in my Pleasantview, and her contemporaries are either dead (Don, Daniel, Mary-Sue) or are in their advanced elder years (Nina & Dina). It would be completely unfair to just move her in a make her an elder so she can die at the same time.

Instead, that Kaylynn Langerak lived a happy life after departing Pleasantview for parts unknown, and her relative, Kaylynn Langerak, who is practically her twin in appearance, but is a good deal younger, is looking for her entry into the plot line.

The question is How? And as always, the answer is up to you and your votes.

Time to vote!!

Agree - Kaylynn may be a family Sim, but she falls so easily for all the wrong men. The best way to integrate her is the way that Pleasantview always intended: through affairs with men (or women) who have hired her as their maid. She will begin romancing 3 random Sims for whom she is the maid - resulting in a pregnancy by one and an affair with another. Then we'll see who of these lovers wants what.

Disagree - Kaylynn always gets a raw deal - but not this time. She deserves the best possible match, setting her up with a partner via the matchmaker, so that she and her new life partner can focus on fulfilling her LTW.

Helpful - Kaylynn deserves to be a star! Angela Phoenix, the producer, is launching a new season of the Bachelorette. 7 men, 1 woman. Kaylynn will have her pick, plus she and her winning fiancé will get a sweet prize of $30 000!!

Thank you for your votes. Please also comment if you wish, but vote using the reactions so we can keep an accurate tally.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#87 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 7:05 AM
The first one sounds a lot like the originals story line. Maybe that is her mother?

The last time I played pleasant view, she lived in that small trailer almost out of town, and had various kids by Don and Daniel. She kept working as a maid, and while I always intended for her to find a good guy, it was hard because she was so busy with Minimum wage and the kids.

I would like to think she learned her lesson and taught her daughter to be more careful of affairs with her boss. And about using birth control.

I like the third option, because she seems like the kind of person who would be picked for trash TV. I'd hope for her to find real love, but I think that is actually unlikely on TV...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#88 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 5:39 PM
Default Vote Now - Part 21 - Beau is going to start a cult!
15 VOTES!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love that people are enjoying influencing what happens in my game. And I can’t wait to play out all the scenarios suggested.

Kaylynn Langerak

Lori Carr & Gina Caliente

Part 21 (woot!woot!)
Beau (né Broke) Asimov had his first paranormal experience in university.

His best friend and roommate, Alexander Goth, perished in a fire that Beau started! Racked with guilt and fueled by Alexander’s own wealth, Beau successfully resurrected his friend.
Sure, Alexander was never as serious as he had been - more focused on Pleasure than Fortune, but he finished university and is now successfully managing the Goth Estate with his husband Jerry, and their adopted sons Diego and Ares (who is the heir).

Since it was unbelievable, Beau bought into the public story - that Alexander had recovered from the coma and burns. He chalked up his memory of the occult to too much bubble blowing.

That was until his darling wife, Elysse, 8 months pregnant with their first child, collapsed. Beau knew he wasn’t crazy when he saw a dark figure appear over his wife, and he wasn’t about to let her go. He begged the Grim Reaper to spare her, and WON!

He and Elysse realized that he had a gift. A gift that may have been passed down to their son, Daxon, who is happy and healthy thanks to his Dad.

Beau is pursuing a career path in the paranormal, planning to lead the ultimate cult in Pleasantview. He will be able to offer resurrections for the low cost of $10 000, determining worthiness once he takes his cut, determined by the roll of a D8. But what kind of cult?

Time to vote!!

Agree - a DEATH cult. How to show your devotion unless you are willing to give your life. Beau will allow you to sacrifice yourself to the divine Cow Plant. If you are worthy, Beau will resurrect you, your youth restored. Should you be unworthy and come back a Zombie, he’ll quickly put you out of your misery **He and Elysse will also enjoy extending their lives drinking Cow Plant Milk**

Disagree - a SEX cult. Love is a beautiful thing. How better to demonstrate devotion than through passionate WooHoo Parties with a high chance of babies being born. Babies can be raised, or sent to live in the compound where they will contribute to the glory of the cult. If you have given up your child to the compound, Beau will resurrect your loved one only taking a D4 cut. Afterall, your child will continue to give!

Helpful - an SACRIFICE cult. A life for a life. If you want your loved one to be resurrected, you’ll have to give up another. They will be sacrificed to the divine Cow Plant, and Beau will attempt to resurrect your beloved. Should this seem likely to fail, Beau will require another life (and more money) before making the attempt.

Screenshots
Page 4 of 4