Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 9:57 AM Last edited by lidiqnata : 8th Nov 2015 at 11:38 AM.
Default Monthly Themes - November
Thank you all for taking part in last month's theme! This month's theme is....prepare yourself....."Vintage".

November Theme - Vintage
It's time for something old,but new. Anything you think related, goes to this theme - from fancy furniture to colorful patterns. Wall papers and floors, accessories, clothing and even lots. To ease things up, the stuff we expect must be from the 50s-60s-70s and 80s!

The Rules
  • The usual Creator Guidelines apply to all uploads.
  • Anything goes, as long as it's somewhat related to the theme - see inspirations above
  • Only uploads that are uploaded before the end of November will receive an achievement sticker (this includes 30th) - anything uploaded after that date will not compete. We will look at the date it has been uploaded to the queue, don't worry about waiting times for moderating.
  • Tag your upload with this tag:themevintage. This way it is much easier to keep track of uploads and we know that you are participating in the monthly theme.

If you have a question about something that is not included in the description above - feel free to ask! If you have other ideas on content that would be in the spirit of this theme, don’t hesitate let us know All currently in the queue,will be added once approved,so don't forget to stop by if we somehow miss you!

October Theme - College Living

Sims 2 entries
MichelleMoney Tree Recolours
MichelleApartment Life Furniture Recolours - Part 2
Hood Building Group'Public Library' for your Universities - Quadington University Lots Series - 1 of 3
lientebollemeisNew Major: Contractor - Builder
lidiqnata*Dorms VI*
ZarathustraSim State University Stadiums -2 Lots - NO CC
MichelleCafeteria Recolours
MichelleMyne Cafeteria Table Recolours
MichelleRetro Table and Chair Recolours
JustpetroThe Green Club (for students) No CC
Hood Building Group'Student Union' for your Universities - Quadington University Lots Series - 2 out of 3
MichelleStrut Your Stuff Communal Shower Recolours
MichelleCafeteria Recolours
Hood Building Group'Secret Society' for your Universities - Quadington University Lots Series - 3 out of 3
PSDuckieProgramming Major
JustpetroThe Art Club (No CC) - Student Club
JustpetroThe Book and Film Club for Students (No CC)
AriesFlareCollege Grub: Corn Dogs and Yogurt Bars
Hetha1369Student Library & Bookstore
Hetha1369Student Services
lidiqnata*College Living starter*
KaORamaMMO - Teenage Turf - 4BR 2BA
CatherineTCJDCardinal Community Apartments ~ Married Student Housing
gummiluttFood Saturation Spreadsheet - Testers wanted
MichelleMurphy Desk
MichelleLocker Room Counterfeet Desk
Cherrie PieAqura Girls Dormitory - No CC
Cherrie PieAqura Boys Dormitory - No CC
KarenLorraineNo Doze Cafe
Hood Building GroupQuadington University - A Creepy Zombified University For Your 'Hoods - BG Compatible Version Included - No CC

Sims 3 entries
kadienceLandgraab Hall

Sims 4 entries
SimmillerCrate Expectations Leather Chair "After the Party"
Soff-32Minifridge
GlouryianNational Library - no CC
ZahkriisosCollege Letterman Jacket

Those who haven't receive a sticker yet(not in the queue) - post here. If we made a mistake of some sort - comment here,so we can edit it. Happy simming!
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 2:33 PM
Oh, what a great theme! How I look forward to seeing some great vintage creations from all of the creators out there! (:

Check out my building creations!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 2:39 PM
I saw vintage and I was excited. Then I read 40-80s, and I lost my excitement. I'm sure people will create great things, but I never understood the aesthetics of those times. I will forever be a 10s and 20s person. Pearls and shine for days! But who knows, maybe that will come one day too

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 3:44 PM
I was born in the early 50s. I guess I am officially vintage now.
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 4:10 PM
@gummilutt , 50s have pearls and shine too just take a look at those pin-up girls!
Also, creativity is what we cherish the most in these themes - don't let the "Vintage" look stop you from earning that new sticker Do what you feel comfortable with,but at the same time, related to the theme...Who knows maybe New Year will bring you a theme you'd enjoy even more....
Theorist
#6 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 5:42 PM
I always think of the 1920's - 1930's when it comes to 'vintage'.

It will be interesting to see what people come up with.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 6:51 PM
...and don't forget - the 80's had a huge 'Victorian Revival' thing goin' on! Jessica McClintock/Gunne Sax anyone? (google search for Gunne Sax images)
And the craftmanship of the 60's hippie movement was almost medieval!

IMHO - I'm glad there's a bit tighter framework this month and combined with the "Anything goes, as long as it's somewhat related to the theme" notion... I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! WOOT!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lidiqnata
@gummilutt , 50s have pearls and shine too just take a look at those pin-up girls!
Also, creativity is what we cherish the most in these themes - don't let the "Vintage" look stop you from earning that new sticker Do what you feel comfortable with,but at the same time, related to the theme...Who knows maybe New Year will bring you a theme you'd enjoy even more....

Oh don't you worry, I'm far too much of a completionist to not go for the sticker. There's a whole world of hairstyles out there, there's bound to be one from that era that I could recolor There's also a lot of excellent feminist-stuff themed to that time, so perhaps I could think of something to do with those.

And kudos on the tease, can't wait for january to see what you're hinting at

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 8:22 AM
Lovely theme, I can certainly do with more vintage dresses (looking at a certain moderator/creator here like a begging dog ) - not sure if I will make something, since the only vintage stuff from those eras in my country seem to be cars.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 1:44 AM
Since my computer sims isn't working would I be aloud to do something on TS3 for Xbox(I'm expecting to retry my sims code soon)
Not actually evil.
#11 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 3:38 AM
I'm not sure if my paisley shirts qualify. Paisley is a 60'ish pattern. The meshes are vaguely 80's shirt cuts. The shirts don't strongly evoke any particular decade. Would it be okay to include these? I know an actual 60's shirt with a giant collar or an outfit that screams 80's would be far more fitting. Honest question, I'll be fine with any answer.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 4:00 AM
I love 'em! (I actually have one just like the far left aqua one! But, it doesn't look as good as that on me *sigh*)
I'd think - due to the pattern - they'd be acceptable as "vintage". That's my opinion. Go for it!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 7:30 AM
I agree with Catherine,the pattern qualifies. And I'd personally put them in 70s - hippie,because of it.They often used fractals for their shirts,not only the happy smiley faces
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#14 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I'm not sure if my paisley shirts qualify. Paisley is a 60'ish pattern. The meshes are vaguely 80's shirt cuts. The shirts don't strongly evoke any particular decade. Would it be okay to include these? I know an actual 60's shirt with a giant collar or an outfit that screams 80's would be far more fitting. Honest question, I'll be fine with any answer.

These remind me of the tops I wore in the 1970s! Go for it, Cat!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Not actually evil.
#15 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 3:00 PM
@CatherineTCJD @lidiqnata @KarenLorraine - Thanks, that makes me feel much better about participating! @Michelle said it reminded her of a purple paisley shirt her hubby wore when they met, so that seals it. XD

The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 4:00 PM
@CatOfEvilGenius ,don't forget to add the search tag,otherwise we won't find you in the theme searches
Not actually evil.
#17 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lidiqnata
@CatOfEvilGenius ,don't forget to add the search tag,otherwise we won't find you in the theme searches

I thought I did, in keywords. Does it go somewhere else? Like filter search tags? I'll go look...

edit: Oops! Typed it in the wrong box! Should be in keywords now. Thanks for the heads up!