Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 8:34 PM
Default Changing props without defaulting them...
I have an idea, but I am wondering if it is even possible. Can you change the props that are called by an object, without making it a default?
The doll house for instance. You can make it invisible or turn it into whatever you want, but it will still spawn little doll figurines that the sim will hold when they use the doll house.
Could you turn the figurines into something else, without making it a default, and still keep the figurines when a base game doll house is used?
Can a cloned object calls another prop?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Can a cloned object calls another prop?

Yes, it's totally possible.
You have to search through the BHAV of the cloned object in order to find the reference of the GUID of the dolls (it's 0xF4EF8E25 according to the CEP database : http://www.delphster.net/cep/?searc...ouse%20-%20Doll). Then you can replace it by the GUID of another object or do what else you want to do.

If you can't find it, it might be referenced in a semi-global BHAV ; it will be harder to replace. >>> you will have to find this BHAV semi-global, extract it and put it in your cloned object with the modifications that you wanted (new GUID). Last you'll have to change the numbers of some BHAVs so that it doesn't override the BHAV semi-global.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 12:01 AM
It is possible - Lee did it for her toy garage. I don't know how she did it, though.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 2:03 PM
Too bad that CEP database does not include later EP's...but this is an amazing resource.wow..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)