Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#6801 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 8:54 PM
The way you have to move EVERYTHING adjacent to where a new roof will be when you expand one floor but not the floor above it, even with moveobjects on. Playing a challenge and I had to do this three times in one sim-night, and by the third time it's just UGH.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#6802 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I lost an hour of gameplay because I forgot to save the game before quitting. Oh dear.

I commiserate with you. You could always redo what you did the next day when you've slept and are refreshed.
Mad Poster
#6803 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 4:57 AM
In Open for Business, lost customers. Especially in small shops where everything is clearly visible and they just stand around blocking other customers and losing stars if your Sim doesn't reach them in 0.0000002 seconds.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#6804 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:11 AM
Townies going to my Sims' houses uninvited. Just barging in like that. Get out of my house, Komei Tellerman!

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Inventor
#6805 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 6:23 PM
I think visitors should not stay in a home business. I can lock the doors, but then they still stomp the foot in route failure feedback. They have a chance to stay after paying, and I think it should only apply to a commlot business. Or they could stay for a limited time and only use shopping actions, but that is a bit complicated. Every once in a while visitors show their disapproval of unstocked objects, even though they are guests and using the lot's facilities for free, and the shop may be closed.

On a business you need to modify the Best of the Best sign or not have it displayed because visitors can react to it repeatedly without a cooldown.

Locked doors seem not to work reasonably in many normal contexts like it was Communism where you didn't have fences around houses.

When a walkbye comes, he is given a chance to "window shop" on the populator. A marker is placed near a window and he is supposed to walk to it and look inside. But when he can't reach the target marker because a door is locked, he instead walks to a place near a fence or bushes where there is nothing, turns around, and continues to walk to a pedestrian portal.
Test Subject
#6806 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Townies going to my Sims' houses uninvited. Just barging in like that. Get out of my house, Komei Tellerman!

This!! If ever an unwanted townie enters one of my sims’ houses or one of my kids brings an unwanted townie home from school i make it a point to have an adult ask them to leave.

How do you get rid of unwanted townies?
Mad Poster
#6807 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:22 PM
Do you mean how to stop the game creating townies in the first place? Empty templates and notownieregen.

If you just want to stop them coming home from work/school, try School Friend Bus Dialog. It interferes with a lot of other mods so you need to play around with load order.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#6808 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eristreams
They're never unwanted in my game! I love all my Sims including my townies, many of whom I made myself in CAS. I'm always a little disappointed if they leave before my resident Sims have got to know them properly.

In my Pleasantview, which I don't play very often, Komei Tellerman is married to Jan, and, having seen how Jan was carrying on with Don in his hot tub, I feel rather sorry for Komei.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6809 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eristreams

Move them into a household and then kill them probably the simplest way. You'll want Pescado's notownieregen if you want to prevent new ones from generating.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#6810 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 1:04 AM
I like to match townies into relationships among them and leave them to be. Then they come onto a lot and show some different interactions than chat/joke because of their high relationship.
Mad Poster
#6811 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
I like to match townies into relationships among them and leave them to be. Then they come onto a lot and show some different interactions than chat/joke because of their high relationship.

Thanks to ACR, I've had townies get into romances with each other.

Test Subject
#6812 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
They're never unwanted in my game! I love all my Sims including my townies, many of whom I made myself in CAS. I'm always a little disappointed if they leave before my resident Sims have got to know them properly.

In my Pleasantview, which I don't play very often, Komei Tellerman is married to Jan, and, having seen how Jan was carrying on with Don in his hot tub, I feel rather sorry for Komei.

Aww, thats sweet i would love to entertain the townies however i just have too many of my own sims.

Hehe about komei/jan/don , good luck with that love triangle!
Test Subject
#6813 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 1:51 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!! i will give them a try.
Inventor
#6814 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 2:03 AM
They do rarely perform romantic actions and become locked into relationships but the match doesn't always make a good sense if you consider their other parameters like career, age, looks, personality. And usually it is built upon the relationships that they get for career friends.
Forum Resident
#6815 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 2:31 AM
Getting townies/downtownies to leave the lot:
1. As suggested, have a resident Sim ask them to leave/Say Goodbye.
2. If they don't go (sometimes they won't), MoveObjects On and delete.

There's a mod or two for "don't invite yourself in in the first place", but it doesn't always work.
https://modthesims.info/d/615481/st...ourself-in.html
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6816 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
They're never unwanted in my game! I love all my Sims including my townies, many of whom I made myself in CAS.

I started my main hood many years ago and had the game generate the townies and NPCs for me. The ones that looked a bit too 'ordinary' for the place I gave makeovers by replacing them with created characters (using the alt sim surgery in SimPE). I often wonder how they felt about that, having their genetics, appearance and personality completely wiped out, only to be replaced by my own deranged imaginings. And then being dressed in a stupid hat. No wonder they all cause havoc for me whenever I encounter them in-game!
Mad Poster
#6817 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 11:03 AM
I put notownieregen in so my playables interacted more with each other.
Instructor
#6818 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
Getting townies/downtownies to leave the lot:
1. As suggested, have a resident Sim ask them to leave/Say Goodbye.
2. If they don't go (sometimes they won't), MoveObjects On and delete.

There's a mod or two for "don't invite yourself in in the first place", but it doesn't always work.
https://modthesims.info/d/615481/st...ourself-in.html

The sim blender has the option under teleport to clear off any unwanted sims
Link Ninja
#6819 Old Yesterday at 1:15 AM
I can't ban tourists from camps. Though Lord Crumps told me if used lot adjustor to make the camps hidden, no tourists would come. So I might be having my way soon.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#6820 Old Yesterday at 4:01 AM
And those house-crashing townies: eat my food, watch TV, clog the toilet, sleep in my bed!, and stay in the hot tub ALL NIGHT! I wonder if they can be killed...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#6821 Old Yesterday at 8:31 AM
Olive Specter was onto that back in 2004...
Mad Poster
#6822 Old Today at 12:50 AM
In Open for Business, customers lose stars if you don't continually harass them to buy something.

Mad Poster
#6823 Old Today at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Olive Specter was onto that back in 2004...

If they are playables they donna get a prisoner token. If they are townies...I do have a gun..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#6824 Old Today at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
In Open for Business, customers lose stars if you don't continually harass them to buy something.

Funny, I think I'd lose stars if you DID do that to me.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#6825 Old Today at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Funny, I think I'd lose stars if you DID do that to me.

Oh, there's always a few customers that lose stars no matter what you do. businessrunyou's "Bugger Off" is immensely helpful for them.

Page 273 of 273