Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2017 at 1:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bon Voyage townies not showing up
Hi, all

Firstly, I have all the original expansion and stuff packs. I am playing on a PC with Windows 7 and plenty of space. I was playing a neighborhood for quite a while and it had lots of sims in it. A conflict happened with some CC skins that caused all my lovely dark skinned sims to change from their original color to the default skin S2. Sadly, I had a lot of them and so decided to start the storyline over and used the deleteallcharacters cheat. I know, I know, really stupid. But I was counting on Mootilda's mod and SimPE to help clear up any problems. Well, the hood seems to have survived the fallout. Mootilda's mod cleaned up most problems and I took care of the remaining memory problems with Simpe. All seemed fine, so I started with my first sim couple. i use clean neighborhoods, except for the BV subhoods, because I need them to teach the gestures, dances, etc. The subhood characters are not showing up. When I looked in the character folders in TSData/res files, the characters were still in the folders. Anyway, I reinstalled BV, both from my backup and the actual game disk and they still aren't showing up in my game. I followed all the steps, like deleting cache files, pulling my cc folder, pulling my user data folder, etc. and nothing has helped. Is there something else I can try? any help is appreciated and I will never do deleteallcharaceters again! I promise! Thanks.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 1:59 AM
Not sure what you mean by "I reinstalled BV, both from my backup and the actual game disk". For one thing, if you uninstalled and reinstalled the BV EP, that was unnecessary if nothing was wrong with the EP itself. If you are moving files around from one saved game to another, that's... not good.
Do you have Pescado's no townie regen, and if you do have you tried removing it. Also try again with Cyjon's fewer tourists mod ( http://cyjon.net/node/290 ). You can create your own locals/tourists, but that's a lot of work, and a lot of time to spend for a hood that might not be viable.

Since this is now an empty hood, and a corrupted one, wouldn't it be better to start over the whole neighbourhood rather than starting over with a new family in the broken one?