Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:14 AM
Default Question About Uploading Lots to the Gallery
I have a question about Sims ethics I guess it is. I downloaded a lot from the gallery. A small lot with a restaurant. I have put that on a 64x64 and am building a whole resort/inn with that as the restaurant. It is coming along well and it would be nice to be able to share it. I don't think we can contact anyone via the Gallery, correct? If that is the case, I am wondering if I can just go ahead and upload mine when done giving credit to the other person for that building? What do you all think? I would not mind if someone did that with a lot I made?

And in reality in the Wild West of the web, it really is a courtesy as I know some folks reupload and claim lots as their own built by someone else. (!)

Your thoughts?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:28 PM
You might not be able to contact the original creator, but you can leave comments on their profile generally speaking asking if you could share your edit. If they let you make sure you credit them! Also, as a rule of thumb, I don't generally share edits myself that I have made. If it started out as someone else's, whether it be a sim or lot, I won't share my edits. The only time I've done it is for a friend for personal use who I knew wouldn't go sharing it themselves. Other than that I stay clear of sharing other people's creations. Just my personal opinion. I'd try leaving a comment first and see if they answer. Doesn't hurt to try!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 8:20 PM
Good idea. I will look into. that.