Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 10:34 AM Last edited by PrincessZeda : 8th Jul 2017 at 11:31 PM.
Default Solitary: Elimination Challenge [Added Challenges!]

CHALLENGE CREATED/WRITTEN BY: Syrah (aka. Princess Butt Kick, Princess Zeda, moocow5799)

AUTHOR’S NOTE: I am working towards uploading an interactive Let’s Play of my challenge. It will be run similar to a game show, where people can send in an application to make their Sim eligible to be in the challenge. To take things a step further, I may have the owner’s of the Sims make their decisions for them (you will see where this would come into play in the rules). If you are interested in being apart of my Let’s Play, be sure to share and follow me for when I post the application.

AUTHOR’S NOTE II: I am currently working on a database of challenges/rewards/penalties. If you’re stumped on idea’s, let me know if you want me to post what I have so far. Keep in mind, some challenges may not have been tested to see if they work/are fair.

THE CONCEPT
Similar to the T.V series, a group of Sims will be put to the test under solitary confinement with twists around every corner. In their isolation, they will be participating in a number of varying challenges. And you are their guide. Their life depends on their success. Some concepts may have been used from the Warehouse on Black St. Sims 4 challenge. Please check it out if you haven’t already.

SETTING UP: THE SPECIMENS
‣ Without mods, it is recommended that you have, at most, 6 Sims as specimens. It’s an even number, which may come in handy for certain challenges. It’s up to you how many Sims you put in solitary confinement, but you must reserve one household slot for the staff member.
If you are going to use mods that increase the number of household slots (ie., Full House Mod), please be forewarned about stability issues. This challenge has not been tested with more than 6 specimens (it will be in the future). Use at your own risk.
Every specimen must have the Insane trait. It’s easy to become insane in complete isolation, because your only form of social interaction is talking to yourself! This challenge will not work if your specimens do not have the Insane trait. The other remaining traits can be anything you want.
‣ The specimens can be of any gender, race, or age (excluding teens, children and babies, of course). Three male, three female? One male, five female? It’s completely up to you.
‣ It is recommended that each specimen is color coded. Making them wear a certain color, along with painting their chamber the same color. This helps with identification.

SETTING UP: THE STAFF
‣ The staff member can be any type of Sim you want. Traits should not matter. The sole purpose of this Sim is to manage the building, and serve food to the specimens.

SETTING UP: THE LOT (SOLITARY)
Chamber: Each specimen will have his/her own private chamber. Below is a list of recommended specifications for a chamber:
Main Room/Challenge Room: A decent sized (6x6) empty room. This is where individual challenges take place, and where your specimens spend the most time. Must have 1 table, 1 chair (non-nappable), and 1 bookcase when there is no challenge active. There will be 3 doors attached to this room.
Sleep Room: A cramped 2x3 room with a single bed. This room is attached to the main room.
Lavatory: A cramped 2x2 room with a toilet, shower, and mirror. This room is attached to the main room.
Staff Area: This is where the staff will stay for the duration of the challenge. You can design the staff area in any way you’d like. All it needs is equipment to feed the specimens, and objects to keep the staff’s needs satisfied. Must be sectioned off from the specimen’s chambers.
Master Hallways (Optional): Depending on how you build, you may need hallways to connect every chamber to other rooms. You will see why you may need this below. The halls must be bare/empty.
The Grand Hall: This is a fairly large room for the specimens to perform group challenges. Use hallways to connect the chambers to this room or just attach the chambers directly to it. The room must be empty unless there is a challenge present.
Team Rooms (Optional): These rooms are smaller than The Grand Hall, but larger than a Main Room. This is where smaller group challenges or some rewards take place. Must be connected to at least 2 chambers.
The Deep Dark: This is a room a specimen goes to if they lose a challenge. They go here to die; becoming eliminated.

RULES: THE BASE CHALLENGE (FREE-FOR-ALL)
‣ The specimens will compete in a large number of challenges. The Sim who performs the poorest will be removed from the challenge (resulting in death). While the sim who completes the challenge first successfully will get a reward/luxury. The last Sim standing will get a good pat on the back and will be allowed to leave Solitary. For hardcore players: The winner of Solitary will become the staff member for the next round, and the previous staff member will be released. It’s not easy escaping Solitary.
‣ You are allowed to use any type of challenge in Free-for-All.
‣ (Optional) Each specimen will get a second chance (or more) in another challenge. If they lose all of the challenges, they will be eliminated. Use this option if you want to play a longer game of Solitary.
‣ If there is a tie between winners or losers, it is up to you how you want to handle it. Either name everyone a winner/loser, or restart the challenge with only the Sims in the tie.
‣ Rewards/Luxuries for winning a challenge can be anything you want. Give a Sim a computer for a day or remove the bookcase from another Sim’s chamber to give them a disadvantage.
‣ Grand Rewards are given to specimens that win every challenge given before elimination (only works with more than one challenge). These should be high value rewards, such as aspiration rewards.
‣ Penalties are only active if you play with the optional rule above or when a reward calls for a penalty of another specimen.
‣ (Optional) During a challenge, if a specimen breaks an object that is needed for the challenge they will automatically lose that challenge.
‣ Challenges can be anything relatively competitive to where you can easily define a winner and loser (ie., who can paint the most expensive painting).
‣ Aging must be turned off.
‣ All cell phones must be on silent.
‣ If for any reason a specimen dies when a challenge is not active they cannot be resurrected. They are eliminated from Solitary.
‣ Broken objects in chambers must be replaced, never repaired (ie., Toilet and Sink).
‣ The Solitary lot can have any amount of budget money. For hardcore players: Force the specimens to make money for Solitary.
‣ If your save file becomes corrupted, or your game crashes before you could save. You are allowed to cheat to get back to where you were in the challenge.
‣ It is not recommended to control every one of a specimen’s actions. This is part of the challenge. If you start a challenge and a sim is starving, oh well. Try to only control specimens when initiating a challenge. Some challenges may not even need initiating from the player.
‣ It is recommended that you have a randomizer and pen/paper ready. The randomizer can help Sims come to a decision, and it can really spice up the game. Use pen/paper or a computer program to keep track in certain challenges, or even each Sim’s stats. There may be some math involved!

RULES: THE SPECIMENS
‣ Each specimen is assigned to a chamber. They are only allowed to leave their chamber when a group challenge is in effect or a specific reward is given to them.
‣ Specimens caught speaking to one another before or after group challenges will be disqualified. They can speak to one another freely if it was given as a reward, or it is part of a group challenge.
‣ Specimens that leave their room or Solitary without permission will be disqualified. If this was a result of a game glitch it does not count (unless you feel otherwise).
‣ During a challenge, specimens are allowed to leave/stop (ie., they need to use the toilet) at any time and return without penalty. But, this may cost them the challenge. For hardcore players: Specimens that leave the challenge will automatically lose.

RULES: THE STAFF
‣ The staff member is not allowed to speak to the specimens. He/She is only allowed meet the winner(s) at the end of the game.
‣ The staff member only has access to the Staff Area and The Grand Hall in Solitary.
‣ The staff member is allowed to leave the lot, but not the neighborhood. He/She cannot travel other lots in the neighborhood (or any place that needs a loading screen to travel to). For hardcore players: The staff member cannot leave the lot.
‣ Staff members cannot have a job, but can generate income that does not require them to leave the neighborhood.
‣ The only duties the staff has is to cook meals for the specimens, prepare group challenges (if needed), and to manage the building (clean/repair, pay bills).
‣ Staff members cannot invite guests from outside the household into Solitary. Parties are not allowed.
‣ (Optional) You are allowed to set the staff’s cooking skill to 10 through cheats. You can add any number of traits to the staff member.

INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGE DATABASE
The following is a list of all known challenges that will take place in the main room of a specimens chamber. Each individual must win these challenges either by being the fastest, most efficient, creating the best quality/highest valued item, or by raising the most money. The items required for each challenge must be the only items in the main room. To determine a single loser, redo the challenge with all Sims that lost the challenge the first time (and so on), though it is up to the player to decide if they want more than one loser.

The Perfect Bonsai
Tested?: Yes
Task: Each specimen must shape a bonsai tree.
Items Needed:
▶ 1 Unshaped Bonsai Tree
How to Win: Create the most realistic bonsai tree.
How to Lose: Create a bonsai tree without any leaves left.

The Valued Painting
Task: Each specimen must create the highest valued painting.
Items Needed:
▶ 1 Lowest Tier Easel
How to Win: Create the painting worth the most money.
How to Lose: Create the painting worth the least money.

A Multitude of Paintings
Task: Each specimen must create the most paintings with the highest total value until exhaustion.
Items Needed:
▶ 1 Lowest Tier Easel
How to Win: Create paintings that total the highest value.
How to Lose: Create paintings that total the lowest value.

Speed Reader
Tested?: No
Task: Each specimen must autonomously finish the book given to them.
Items Needed:
▶ 1 Book (same book for everyone; no bookcase)
How to Win: Finish the book the fastest.
How to Lose: Finish the book the slowest.

A Test of Endurance
Task: Each specimen must run on the treadmill and try not to trip or wipe out.
Items Needed:
▶ 1 Lowest Tier Treadmill
How to Win: Be the last one to trip on the treadmill
How to Lose: Be the first one to trip on the treadmill

Hack for Cash
Task: Each specimen must gain programming skill 1 and hack the most money one time.
Items Needed:
▶ 1 Desk
▶ 1 Chair (non-nappable)
▶ 1 Lowest Tier Computer
How to Win: Hack the highest amount of money.
How to Lose: Hack the least amount of money.

Sir Mix a Lot
Task: Each specimen must make the most amount of drinks within a time period.
Items Needed:
▶1 Lowest Tier Bar
How to Win: Make the most drinks.
How to Lose: Make the least amount of drinks.

GROUP CHALLENGE DATABASE
The following is a list of all known challenges that will take place in either the team room or The Grand Hall. Sims will go head to head to try and come out on top. Some challenges may have more than one winner/loser. The items required for each challenge must be the only items in The Grand Hall.

Chess Championship
Task: Sims will battle it out in an elimination game of chess. The winner will move on to face the winner of another group. Must have an even number of specimens.
Items Needed:
▶ 1 Chess Table
▶ 2 Chairs
How to Win: Win every match.
How to Lose: Lose 1 chess match.

Fight Club
Task: Sims will learn to hate each other in their isolation. In this elimination challenge, Sims must succeed in the ring by defeating others in fights. Must have an even number of specimens.
Items Needed:
▶ 1 Fighting Cage (Decoration; Optional)
How to Win: Win every fight.
How to Lose: Lose 1 fight.

A Friend in Me
Task: 2 Specimens will be locked in a room with one another. The first 2 Sims to become friends (or the highest social standing) at the end of the time period wins. Must have an even number of specimens.
Items Needed:
▶ Empty Team Rooms (number varies with number of specimens)
How to Win: Become friends with your partner first or have the highest social standing at the end of a time period.
How to Loose: Do not become friends with your partner first or have the highest social standing at the end of a time period first.

REWARD/LUXURY DATABASE
Rewards/Luxuries are given to one or more Sims if they win any challenge before elimination day. For hardcore players: Do not give out rewards/luxuries.

Upgrade!: The Sim will get one upgraded object in his/her chamber (ie., better bed/toilet/sink) permanently. This should only be the next tier up from their current object. All beds must stay single size.
Object Privilege: The Sim will get to use an object that isn’t normally in their chamber for 1 day (ie., computer/fridge).
Cast a Penalty: The Sim will penalize one or more Sims with any penalty. Must be the same penalty if more than 1 Sim.
Introduction: The Sim will be allowed to meet and socialize with 1 other specimen for a few in-game hours in The Grand Hall or a Team Room.
Disadvantage: The Sim will take away an object from another Sim, and use it as their own for 1 day. Only works on Sims that have the New Object, Luxurious Upgrade, or Object Privilege rewards in effect. If object is a bed/sink/toilet, they will trade their objects.
Advantageous: During the next challenge that contains the use of an object, the Sim will get an object 1 tier higher than the default.
Penalty Immunity: This Sim is immune to all penalties resulting from the next challenge. This reward should only be used if there is 1 challenge winner.
A Generous God: The Sim will give the same reward to all specimens (including self). Only works with the Upgrade!, and Object Privilege, rewards.

GRAND REWARD/LUXURY DATABASE
Grand Rewards/Luxuries are only given to Sims that win every challenge given before elimination day. These are very high value rewards, and a lot of power comes with them. This works best if you plan to do a large number of challenges before elimination. For hardcore players: Do not give out Grand Rewards/Luxuries.

Luxurious Upgrade: The Sim will upgrade an object to the highest tier in their chamber. All beds must stay single size.
Aspiring to Win: The Sim will get 1 aspiration reward from the shop (cheats required).
Mass Penalty: The Sim will cast the same penalty on all other specimens.
Evolution: The Sim will get an additional personality trait that is not in the aspiration reward shop (cheats required).
New Object: The Sim will get to use an object that isn’t normally in their chamber. This object is permanent and cannot be taken away (not immune to penalties/other rewards).
Supreme Advantage: During the next challenge that contains the use of an object, the Sim will get the highest tiered object, rather than the default object.
Challenge Immunity: The Sim is not required to participate in the next challenge. They get a by, and it counts as a win. For hardcore players: The win does not count towards a Grand Reward/Luxury.
Improved Penalty Immunity: This Sim is immune to all penalties given after every challenge before the next elimination day.

PENALTY DATABASE
Penalties are given to Sims that lose a challenge, or another Sim gave them one through their reward.

Downgrade: If a Sim has an upgraded object in their chamber, they must downgrade to the next lowest tier object.
Out to the Doghouse: The Sim is locked out of their Sleep Room for the day, and can only sleep on a nappable couch in their Main Room.
Buzzed Out (Mod Required): The Sim is locked out of their Sleep Room for the day. They can only use the coffee machine in their Main Room to stay awake (Must have a mod that replenishes the sleep need with coffee).
Deletion: If the Sim has received an object from the New Object grand reward, it will be removed for 1 day. For hardcore players: Delete the object permanently.

DAILY SCHEDULE EXAMPLE
Sunday: Free/Grand Reward/Penalty Day
Saturday: Free Day
Monday: Challenge Day
Tuesday: Reward/Penalty/Free Day
Wednesday: Challenge Day
Thursday: Reward/Penalty/Free Day
Friday: Challenge/Elimination Day

SOLITARY LOT LAYOUT EXAMPLE
This is the same lot I will use in my Let’s Play. 50x50 lot size.

CHANGELOG
9/30/15
‣ Added Reward/Luxury Database, Grand Reward/Luxury Database, and Penalty Database sections.
‣ Showers are now recommended rather than optional in a chamber's lavatory.
7/8/17
‣ Added Individual Challenge Database
‣ Added Group Challenge Database
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 11:00 PM
am setting this up now with characters based on pre-made sims through the years. I would love to see your challenge/reward ideas. Pretty Please and everything :-)

Ps. really no shower or tub?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 11:22 PM
quick question: how does the staff person get the food she made to the sims?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 12:25 PM Last edited by PrincessZeda : 30th Sep 2015 at 12:37 PM.
@mama_tex It is optional to replace the sink with a shower. So it's up to you. As for getting the food to the sims, you just click and drag it. I forgot to add a photo of the upper level of the building. That is where the housing is for the staff. What I usually do is cook up an 8 portion meal then drag it to each of the chambers, then commanding each specimen to take a plate. As for removing the empty plates, just drag them out to a trashcan.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 7:50 AM
Hello! I will be starting this challenge! Is the lot you made up on the gallery or somewhere? (because I'm a bad and a bit lazy builder) and do you have any specific challenge ideas you recommend?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 5:06 AM
Love the idea!
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 7:08 PM
I've just done my first run through on this and had a lot of fun

I didn't do the upgrade / downgrade system, instead I gave my winner for the week a day with access to a big TV and comfy sofa. I documented what I did on my tumblr (which I don't know if I'm allowed to link?) And am now planning what I need to change for the next intake of Specimens - my Keeper moved out, my winner is the new Keeper.

Things I'm going to think about for the next round:
* maybe doing 2 evictions into the Dark Room a week - having them spend Tues, Thurs and quite often Saturday not doing a challenge got boring
* re-think how I do the creative challenges as none of the Specimens autonomously picked up music or painting, and none of them voluntarily went back to it, preferring to talk to themselves or their furniture. I might make the next batch not insane so "talk to self" etc doesn't become an entertainment option as the very sane Keeper produced a lot of paintings.
* change the tables in their rooms so I can see where they've put their empty plates!
* think of a different tie-breaker other than playing chess, as it removed increasing logic as a challenge
* do karaoke much earlier in the challenges as some of them had reached level 10 singing just by singing to themselves (or their shower, looking at you Green One). Although if I make them all sane this might not be an issue.
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 10:31 AM
I'm now playing the third round of the solitary challenge. From my research into what challenges the Specimens will do autonomously (all sane sims, insane sims generally talk to the furniture in isolation in preference to doing anything else)...

Things sims will start autonomously and return to:
* Karaoke - do this early if you're judging the winner by who has the highest singing by the end of the competition as some sims will sing in the shower
* Chess - winner highest logic skill by end of challenge
* Bonsai - winner 'best' tree
* Yoga mat - winner highest wellness
* Dancing - winner highest dancing skill, tip, give them a dance floor not just a stereo otherwise some of them will just listen to the music
* Microscope - winner one to find the most prints
* Gaming - winner highest gaming skill - i gave mine a gaming mat rather than a PC to make sure they didn't browse the net
* Cooking - give them all a cupcake machine and they go mad for it, seriously, the challenge rooms were a regular cakepoclypse by the end of the day! winner highest cooking skill

Things they will go back to after the initial prompt to pick it up in the first place:
* Guitar
* Violin

Things they need prompting to use then forcing to go back to:
* Rostrum / podium - I was trying to find a charisma building challenge in solitary
* mirror - again, looking for charisma builder
* Treadmill - which was weird given in my regular game they're always popping to the home gym, but in solitary they ignored it. Winner was one who built the highest fitness skill in the 3 hour run I made them all do.
* Easel - another weird one, once they'd all done their one painting and I'd put it in their inventories they preferred to stare at the easel rather than paint anything new. Winner was the one who produced the highest value painting
* Woodworking table - I had them make 3 horse sculptures, in round 1 the winner was the one who actually made 3 horses and the loser the one who gave me 3 broken piles of wood. Round 2 was more complicated as there was a tie in the horse / broken wood piles so I had the losers keep making them until one of them actually produced another horse.
* Piano - weird I know given they went back to the guitar and violin, but piano in solitary they just ignored after their initial 2 hour 'lesson'. Winner highest piano skill.
* Bar - given my normal sims make drink ALL THE TIME I thought this would be a great challenge, but no, they ignore it after the initial 2 hour training session. So I told them all to practice making drinks and left them to keep going until they give up because their needs are so low. Winner either who has the highest mixology skill or who has made the most drinks, I've done both.

Things I still want to try:
* telescope - winner most prints?
* DJ booth
* bowling - not sure how to fit a bowling alley into solitary...
* programming - need to work out how to stop them browsing the web when I'm not watching, no outside contact for Specimens in solitary
* graffiti - using those street canvases and floor square things from City Living
* rockets! - again, need to work out how to fit 6 rockets into solitary
* darts - not sure this will work in solitary as it's a head-to-head
* Foosball - again, not sure how it would work in solitary
* Don't Wake the Llama - I did actually use this to break a 3 way tie
* Photography - not sure how to do this at all
* Organ playing - I suspect will give the same results as piano, winner to be highest skill
* Weights / punchbag - I suspect will be the same as the treadmill
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 2:43 PM
I've used test of endurance and hack for cash; you have to first get your programmer to level 2 then hack, but the latter works very well. The former sort of does, but you've got to decide what you mean by wiping out. Just a stumble? Something more? I went with them having to put their feet on the sides to regroup, and it worked with a small group.
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:42 PM
Hello. Has anyone made a place for this and put it on the gallery?

"If you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game show host."