Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
I think that has more to do with the games stability. Seldomly do they bump up the population cap, I speculate this game was never meant to have a boat load of townies being simulated in the background which would be why they are so reluctant to bump it too high.

I have a pretty beefy system with culling disabled and it gets kinda sluggy if the population gets too high. I see this as a barrier to selling individual worlds, and to the final number of worlds we will end up getting.

So basically, they supposedly gave us a more stable, faster engine by taking away anything that could make it unstable, and not allowing it to do any work that could slow it down?
That's like saying "I've invented rain-repellent clothes, they work by staying out of the rain."
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 5:26 PM
I think it's silly to travel to any location at any time, for free, but taking vacations to the middle of the woods actually cost money - even at a campground.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#78 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I think it's silly to travel to any location at any time, for free, but taking vacations to the middle of the woods actually cost money - even at a campground.
And then other Sims invite you to hangout at a different place and if you agree then your Sims decides to stop his vacation and you won't even get your money back
Mad Poster
#79 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 10:14 PM
I also think it is odd to see Windenburg sims in clubs in Oasis or whoever is wherever. My prior family I played shows up no matter what lot I play no matter what town it seems.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 10:38 PM
There are the mods to keep vamps in FH or others out. We need a mod that keeps sims in the hoods they reside in unless directed to go out of them? Other than going on vacation, it would be nice to have them stay in their own worlds, maybe?
Mad Poster
#81 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Ahh, I've got one of those following around most of my posts as well. I understand.
I've started "agreeing" with posts I haven't even always read where I see a "disagree", just to balance that out.
Theorist
#82 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I've started "agreeing" with posts I haven't even always read where I see a "disagree", just to balance that out.

Same. That way a single disagree designed to generate negativity, creates lots of positivity instead :D

EDIT: What if it's Warren Zevon? :o
such a poor soul, doomed to post forever and still never be heard. ; A;
*begins nondescript anti-demon prayer*
dodgy builder
#83 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

Don't tell EA That, they might want to charge us for it.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 1:54 PM Last edited by drake_mccarty : 15th Jun 2017 at 3:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Don't tell EA That, they might want to charge us for it.

In almost every case they already did. The only world that was free was Newcrest, sneaky EA.

ETA: Whoever disagreed, care to elaborate? If there are other free worlds I would sure like to know where to find them lol
Forum Resident
#85 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
I know, right? I wish we had a toggle to enable/disable unrealistic attachments across different worlds.
TS4 could use so many toggles. TS3 had some at least, e.g. if you want stray pets, wild horses, celebrities, vampires, fairies, how long and if you want certain seasons etc. It's not like you can have too many options.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 8:52 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 19th Jun 2017 at 3:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
ETA: Whoever disagreed, care to elaborate? If there are other free worlds I would sure like to know where to find them lol
Chances are, the disagree means nothing. There's been a little troll granting random disagrees*.

*Edit, or two.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#87 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
In my opinion, I think there will never be a create a world in sims 4.

Supposedly the world is divided in different districts, and I see that as an obstacle for create a world.
Also, let's take a look at these pictures

What is that boulevard? Is that an item that you could place in the middle of the road in any town or is it hardcoded in the terrain? To me it looks like hardcoded into it, not a decorative item that you could move or delete.
Also if we look at the sidewalks, we can see that they're slightly elevated, thing that we never saw in any other sims game, they're even round at the corners. I hightly doubt that they could give us a CAW with such intrincated options since lately everything is "too hard" for them to do.

My final veredict is, there will be no CAW, maybe they will give us empty templates to make towns from zero, and if they're too generous, an ability to edit the public space.

Actually, that boulevard, as well as the sidewalks and decorative architecture are most likely all meshes that they put in the world. I'm pretty sure The Sims 4's game engine is mesh based, and not BSP (Binary Space Partitioning). Terrain and its decorations (excluding landscape) isn't something that's "hard coded" in game engines. It's either all BSP and displacement brushes, static meshes with landscape, or a combination of both.

That being said, it's not likely we'll get a Create a World, but if they do decide to release tools like that, it'll probably be in the form of a Source Development Kit so we can build our own worlds and environments from scratch, or based on a template. The problem with this kind of approach is that in order to create actually interesting worlds where everything works and looks right, you'd have to do all the geometry and backdrop modeling yourself, as well as setting up AI nodes. It would be more like developing a game within a game than creating a world. That's one of the big downsides of mesh based level design. The bright side however is that if you do it right, it looks way, way better, and performance is superior to BSP because it's an inefficient method of rendering geometry and environments compared to mesh based within a sky dome.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Mad Poster
#88 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 3:55 PM
But they're not even trying to sell us new worlds.

Directly - no, but they are selling us through Expansion Packs and even through a game pack (Outdoor Retreat). We pretty much know that they have bad rep with the EP they introduced, which ironically enough have been received badly by Critics than with Game Packs. If they introduce CAW, what would there be a point of introducing of EP's with worlds if people know they suck and the worlds they are introduced with can be easily dismissed and the custom created one's would easily dominate the pre-made ones.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 5:39 PM
Sell $10 World Packs (multiple neighborhoods) with architectural items and be done with it.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#90 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 6:20 AM
A world without pink trees and palm trees, and no ultramodern buildings in the background. Is that too much to ask?

As a generalised statement? No. But in context of who you are asking...
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 14th May 2018 at 6:11 PM
It is nice to that EA will make 'Create A World' tool for The Sims 4 but I just don't think it is an official tool. I think it might maybe be possible but I think modders will make it while EA will be EA, as usual, don't give a lama what we say. If someone was able to then I hope it won't go too hard as Sims 3 Create A World but it depend on their skill.
Mad Poster
#92 Old 15th May 2018 at 6:47 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 15th May 2018 at 2:07 PM.
Inunlikely. Things that modders have created where already accessible and provided in the (unfinshed code), such as multiplayer that was planned to be a thing during Olympus project (there are betas and what not clips floating around in youtube sea) but nothing suggest there are sets of items the the word (trees, rocks, ponds, tramp railing) is available to be decompiled.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 4 of 4