Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 4:25 PM
Default Bed *entering slot*? problem...
I have no clue how you call this, sorry.
I cloned the pet bed cushion and turned it into a cute little toddler bedhouse.
I'd like the toddler to be able to enter from both sides, but the original pet bed only has one side enabled.
I made this long ago, but decided NOW to try to fix this annoyance, so I do not need their bedroom to look like this .

Thank you!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 4:05 AM
No one knows how to do this..seriously?

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 8:34 PM
I know nothing about pet beds, so no - I don't know how to do this. I would imagine that routing slots would need to be added at the very least so your little simmies would go to the other side.

Looking at your pic: cloning a single or toddler bed would make more sense since the needed routing slots (and whatever other slots would be attached to those) would already be there. I'm thinking that you didn't do that in the first place because A) the pet bed has something (interactions, etc.) that a bed doesn't have and you want those OR B) single beds are cloned to their matching double beds and you didn't want that for some reason.
If it's A, no idea how to get around that. If it's B, it can still be done. The actual frame of a bed doesn't have to be the same as it's master/slave - you just need to map the frame to the texture that would be used. (The cheap bed - Craftsomethingorother pine bed? - would be good for that since recolors of that aren't really fancy.) You'd still have to do something with the little roof part of your bed though - either by adding another subset and a texture for it (and then that part wouldn't be recolorable in game with the design tool since it would be a third subset) or by making that part a separate new mesh that can be put over the bed in game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 9:44 PM
I know about bed frames and such, all my sets are done this way
I cloned the pet cushion because this is what i wanted. I will not clone a toddler bed, as I made none, and won't download one. I prefer using what I used. So I guess, I must figure out a way to add a routine slot..now that I know what it is called!
Thank you.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:28 AM
You might want to clone (with no options checked since you don't really want a clone) a single bed so you can study it then. You'll want to know which SLOT the slots need to be assigned to and what kind of slots.. and I'm sure the BHAVs will need edited too. Not saying that you don't already know this.... Just saying that it will be a lot of work!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:38 AM
Yeah..I had 2 SimPE opened, one with a single bed I made, and one with my toddler bed...the single bed has 4 routine slots and 4 container slots. The toddler/pet has one of each..
I think I might give up. lol
The twin bed seemed to have W and E..i guess for west & east. the pet bed has 0 n... or O n..for ? north? certainly not ouest, which is west in french.

Alchemist
#7 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 1:27 AM
The names of the slots don't actually matter (they just need to be consistently named in the package - so if you slot named 0n in the CRES, you also must have a 0n in the model bones), so don't let that hold you back if you're still interested in trying. What about making your bed decorative, and allow Sims to intersect with it, and making an invisible pet bed that fits over it? Like a bed OMSP.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 2:50 AM
I would then have the same problem. The problem is not with my bed mesh, it is with the pet bed. Whatever mesh I replace the pet bed with, it still cannot be used from both sides.

Alchemist
#9 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 11:37 PM
Oh yes, that's right. I forgot how those beds worked for a minute. So, to fix the problem without making a new slot you could still do all the steps mentioned in the previous post about the invisible bed, except make two invisible pet beds. Leave one normal, and rotate the slot in the CRES in the second one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 3:25 AM
I appreciate your help though I would not know how to do this.