Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 2:09 AM
Default SimPE help
Hi all,

I've recently gotten in to meshing and have already got a few projects in the works. The trouble is, I'm still quite the ditz with SimPE. What tutorials I have found, don't always cover my specific issues, and I have quite a few of them.

Some of the things I need help with:

Cloning an object and making it completely separate to the original. I thought changing the GUID did this, but I seem to have replaced a Maxis object with my own, which is okay because I backed the game up before any of this. Obviously the final result will need to be separate though, while taking everything it needs from the original such as animation. Also what exactly needs to be checked and not checked when cloning (pull animations, create stand alone objects, etc)?

Actually that alone is my main problem right now, but I know I'll run into more which I'll ask about as they come. If there's anything else that's crucial to making a new object, do let me know. I want to do this right and 100% safe. I'm just having trouble finding the information.

P.S. Apologies for all my threads!

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 11:10 PM
Hi !
There's so much tutorials in there that it was hard to choose. However my favorite (and it indicates which options you have to check) is the tutorial from Numenor :

http://modthesims.info/t/71411

And there's even a .pdf file.

Good luck for your creation !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!