Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 3:48 PM
I'm bad about deleting things, so thank you Delphy! That'll be at least 50 messages (all read) that have been collecting dust out of my inbox. It'll by great to have a fairly clean slate.

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 3:58 PM
Waiting for a reply for a month now... maybe till will remind people ^^;
Forum Resident
#28 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jhd1189
544,297 unread PMs!? Sheesh... I can't even imagine that. I love getting messages, and I always read them the moment they arrive. :D

Yeah, that's really weird. When I see a little 1 after 'Messages' I go immediately like "Squueee! OMGSSZZS!!!! I've got a message!!!!!!!!!!!!! " But hey, that's just me.

Thanks Delphy for the warning.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 4:18 PM
Sweet. I needed to know this!!! XD I'm a clutter freak. I usually save one message from everyone who sends me one, incase of future PMing. ;D *goes to save*

She stood in the rain
And gazed at the golden grass
Longed for those memories
She knew could never last
Field Researcher
#30 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 4:28 PM
Hmm. I have twelve. I admit one is unopened. It is the welcome one. Does that make me bad, that I haven't opened it? The others are related to a request I had and a question I had. Oh, and I guess six of them are actually what I wrote, since those seem to get saved for some reason. I'm pretty sure I can get rid of those.
#31 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 4:38 PM
Thanks! Its nice that you guys take the responsiblity of freeing up space by deleting people old messages!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 4:48 PM
so....can someone plz tell me how to save/archive mine so I dont lose them?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 4:58 PM
Alchemist
#34 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimdelee
so....can someone plz tell me how to save/archive mine so I dont lose them?

Delphy said "It is advised that if you want to keep old PMs, you archive them using the dropdown at the bottom of the Private Messaging screen."

I am copying my old pms into my program notepad.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#35 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 5:28 PM
I don't have any =(
Field Researcher
#36 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 5:38 PM
The unread PMs # is mind boggling but I guess it really depends on how many users read PMs regularly... And who deletes PMs about approvals and rejections of creations
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish
Delphy said "It is advised that if you want to keep old PMs, you archive them using the dropdown at the bottom of the Private Messaging screen."

I am copying my old pms into my program notepad.

Yeah, I did that, but it just saves them in an "Unknown Format," so I can't open or read them. Maybe someone should PM me and explain? lol! Seriously, I have three PMS I would really like to keep, but it just isn't working to archive them. What am I missing?

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
Our Angel
Alchemist
#38 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rubberjunkie
Yeah, I did that, but it just saves them in an "Unknown Format," so I can't open or read them. Maybe someone should PM me and explain? lol! Seriously, I have three PMS I would really like to keep, but it just isn't working to archive them. What am I missing?

Can you copy your entire pm into your notepad and print them on paper? You can write people's names on each pm so you know who send pms to you.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 6:18 PM
That's a good idea, pfish. I may go ahead and do that.

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
Our Angel
Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 3:33 PM
evrything out of mines been deleted now (as i don't neeed any of them)
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 5:46 AM
I win =) I don't really send messages I can only remember sending 3 ever.
Test Subject
#42 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 9:56 AM
I've got about 8..... I get so excited when i see i gotted a message, i read and i'm all like "w00t!! *bounce* love at last!! :lovestruc </3 *jumps* etc"

.... i really should delete them thou, i get caught up in the receiving-of-teh-awesome-messagezors that i forget to delete them

If life gives you lemons... shut up and eat your damn lemons!
#43 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 6:19 AM
100 Messages and 1 approval......most are fan mail and some a are tipis from the more intelligent creatures on this site :P

I better start saving!

Thanks for the heads up Delphy!

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#44 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 10:29 AM
Okay change of plans - instead of archiving off all normal PMs, I instead checked and found that out of the 1 million PMs in the database, 837k of them where... welcome PMs. Of which the majority where unread.

So, what I've done is to add an "expiry time" to the Welcome PMs so that they will automatically be cleared out a week after sending them. (When I add the scripts to do so...)

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 11:08 AM
That's great 837,000 PMs all saying exactly the same thing I love it. :D

Good work on finding that one out delphy!!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 12:49 PM
i only have 40 ...most of them are links to the other things on the site that people have sent me ..i delete all the ones i don't need....
and every time i get a message i am like...WOOO i got a message ..sweet someone thought about me today ..

Be with us here this week as we remember Your journey toward the cross. With sad hearts, we contemplate Your death. But with confident hearts, we know that You are carrying out God's great plan of salvation.

Christ, as You take the path that leads to both death and life, may we journey with You.
Theorist
#47 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 2:37 PM
Hey delphy, Mabey the 'sent messages' could be auto-deleted too? Who realy reads what they wrote to some-one, when (regually) it comes back in a [quote ] box!

Every week if they haven't been re-read, all messages should be deleted out of the folder. That should save sme space on this HUUUUUUUUUUGE site!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#48 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
Hey delphy, Mabey the 'sent messages' could be auto-deleted too? Who realy reads what they wrote to some-one, when (regually) it comes back in a [quote ] box!

Every week if they haven't been re-read, all messages should be deleted out of the folder. That should save sme space on this HUUUUUUUUUUGE site!

There have been many occasions where I've looked back on my sent messages for various reasons.

Worship4Ever0227 ~ Visit My Site! SimSafe2.com
Please Check Out The Prayer Room.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 10:51 PM Last edited by Meemo : 26th Aug 2007 at 10:54 PM. Reason: added a Phew!
Default Oops
ooops I only just read this..... I wonder what I lost?? Well if I can't remember the can't have been important!

Edit: aha just read the rest of the posts - saved by the bell!

Waiting for Sims4 so I can go all Halliwell again!!
Alchemist
#50 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
Who realy reads what they wrote to some-one, when (regually) it comes back in a [quote ] box!

Somewhere in the past, a new option was added to allow you to not have a saved copy of you sent messages. You have to edit your profile somewhere to check that option.

I used to always forget to uncheck saving a copy when I replied to a message, so at the end of the process I had two messages saved instead of one. I forget when this appeared, it has been a while, but it has been a blessing to me.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Page 2 of 2