Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#251 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 12:19 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 19th Oct 2007 at 12:20 AM. Reason: typo
Hi Bouncyflop !

to create all new clothing, you need to create all new meshes...so you need Milkshape 3D.
then to create new textures, you only need BodyShop, wich should be already on your computer...(to change color of an outfit, for example...)

then of course, you'll also need a paint program...I use and like paint Shop pro, but there is alot of other programs as well.

And, the more important, to be able to create new meshes, for clothes or objects, you'll definately need SimPE.

all of the above if you are on a PC.

Rosemary :0)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 5:51 AM
I want to start creating custom content but there is one problem body shop does not work on my computor because of my video card. What should i do?
Test Subject
#253 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Numenor : 10th Jan 2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 1864062, 1864063
I can't find how to download sim pe.

EDIT:
my bad. i found it.
Test Subject
#254 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 10:36 AM
Hello everyone,

just a short question about the creation of items. As you have written in the beginning of this thread there are several different 3D programms available to create an item.

Wing's 3D
Blender 3D
Anim8tor 3D
MilkShape 3D

Is it also possible to create own items with the programm GMax or Maya?

Thanks for your fast replies and help.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#255 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 1:43 AM
Sure. Maya is the program used by Maxis, too. We didn't include those two because they are very expensive and quite difficult to learn (and there are no basic tutorials for them).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Alchemist
#256 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 2:00 AM
Neither of the free versions of these two, GMax or Maya PLE will produce anything useful for modding.

The full versions of these (3DS-Max and Maya) work well, but as Numenor stated, they are pretty pricey for hobby users.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#257 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 5:32 PM
Hello everybody is what someone could help me? To build the grand staircase of titanic
(A deck), I am verynot good in 3D thanks you
ps : i 'm french sorry for my English
The ModFather
retired moderator
#258 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 7:39 PM
Exactly, what you are asking for?
  • Need hints for your 3D editor, to create a stair mesh? You'd better google for tutorials (even not sims-related) about your editor.
  • Need explanations about where to start for creating a new sims2 object? Practice with our Start to Finish Tutorial.
  • Need someone who creates these stairs for you? This is not a request forum (MTS2 does NOT have a request forum).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#259 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 9:45 PM
ok think you
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 1st May 2008 at 11:23 AM
I want to create some doors for a personal project, which I will probably make available here, provided I can get them to work properly. I've been looking and looking for a tutorial on creating doors, but can't find anything. Any idea where I should start? I'm going to do some recolors of phoenix_phaeries Pedimentary! doors first (they're close to what I'm looking for, but not quite). Just need to be pointed in the right direction.

I downloaded Milkshape, but won't be using it, as I don't want to pay to get the reg codes (and don't believe in getting free codes/cracks). I may have an older version of photoshop or another 3d software. I used to work as the software buyer in a college bookstore and got a lot of free software (full "student" versions, ie. cheap but still full). I still don't know all the stuff I've got in my closet.

Albert - 2/14/1990-6/2007 He was no dog, he was my short, furry, four-legged, person. And I miss him.
Test Subject
#261 Old 2nd May 2008 at 4:52 PM
Default i can't create :cry:
i have tried several of the tutes in different categories. i use blender and gimp. i have SimPE and cep. but even the simplest objects don't seem to work. i have not even been able to make a bed spread or curtains! SimPE rejects my meshes.
i don't know what to do and its driving me crazy. can anybody help me with this?
what i really want to do right now is figure how to make my floors shiny and reflective. but i can't even get num's basic table creation to work right after 3 attempts!

Be proud for you are made of stars;
Be humble for you are made of earth.
Syberian proverb
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#262 Old 2nd May 2008 at 5:24 PM
ariesmoon - Without knowing exactly what your issue is - like exactly what you're doing when you run into trouble, and what error messages you might be doing, it's very difficult to help you. If you are having trouble on the basic object creation tutorial, then post in that thread with the error message(s) you're getting, and exactly what step you're having issue on. Blender is a bit hard to pick up - Wings 3D or Milkshape might be easier for a beginner. Gimp has nothing to do with meshing - it's a graphics editing program.

There's no need to make a new object for shiny, reflective floors - they already exist. Use the Where Can I Find forum in my signature and search for them there.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#263 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 3:45 AM
I suggest adding Paint.net to the list of paint programs. It's free, uses layers, lots of effects, etc. http://www.getpaint.net/ It's what I use.
Lab Assistant
#264 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 9:34 AM
Okay, hopefully I am in the right place .

Anyhoo, I would love to add some cars to my game.

From what I understand, many of the top designers get car meshes from sites like GTA Inside

That's excellent, but are there any tutorials out there to make those cars usable in the Sims 2?

Thanks to all replies :D.

View my original properties at

http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/mrputter
Test Subject
#265 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:49 PM
Hello, my I would like to find the objects unloaded into Internet and to be able to re-color them in SIMPE, how can I do it? Only I see the original ones of The Sims 2 and his expansions.

Thank you, I use a translator because I do not speak well English.
Test Subject
#266 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 6:41 PM
Hello, all..I am wanting to learn how to create neighborhood objects like buildings mainly, and have search high and low over the past couple of days and have found nothing. My question is ..is there anything or anywhere I can find any info on this, and what would I need to get started?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#267 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 11:39 PM
Probably there are better tutorials around, but you are right: I didn't find anything valid here at MTS2.
There is a good tutorial at SimPE site (LINK); currently, the site is down, but it will hopefully be up soon.
Note that the tutorial is about fences, but it's the very same process used for neighborhood objects.

Lab Assistant
#268 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 1:27 PM Last edited by Flux1212 : 26th Oct 2008 at 1:40 PM.
Default Homecrafter won't open
Edited to add: Never mind! Just found the "right-click, open-as" trick and it worked!

Downloaded Homecrafter yesterday and couldn't get it to open -- apparently this is a common problem? Is there any way to get it to work? And if not, is there an alternative to it so I can recolor objects? Can objects be recolored just using SimPE and a paint program? I've searched this and various other forums but haven't been able to find any help on this issue. I used to use Homecrafter when Nightlife was the only EP I had; I've added everything through Seasons since then -- don't know if that's the cause of the problem or not -- but I'd really like to start working with Homecrafter again.
Instructor
#269 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 11:43 AM
Can someone tel me where in the long list of objects I can find a neighborhood object? I only need to know where they are and then I can start creating :D

Unauthorized incoming post!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#270 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 11:00 PM
First, you have to put SimPE in "Advanced Mode" (in Extra -> Preferences -> SimPE Settings); then start Object Workshop and look under Other -> Neighborhood.

Helptato
#271 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 9:37 PM
I would like to make chairs match bedding, like the maxis pink flower bedding's texture on the chair?. How do I do this?

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Test Subject
#272 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:26 AM
So You Create Things With It????
Test Subject
#273 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 5:40 PM
Question: I can't seem to find the answer to this problem I'm having with Milkshape3D. Last year when I tried it I could use it just fine. The 30 day trial that is. Now this year when I try to use it again, it just tells me I'm not registered. So I looked around the forum (for two days) for an answer. So far all I can find is "go register for the trial." Well I don't remember having to give them my paypal information last year. Is this new? Or am I going to the wrong site? Wrong version? I'm lost. v_v; I would love to just be able to use blender my sim meshes but that doesn't look like an option. If MS3D is not a real "free trial" anymore then what other program would you suggest? Much appreciated and thank you in advance.
Field Researcher
#274 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 8:15 PM
You already used up your 30 days free trial with MilkShape last year, so if you want to use it again you have to register it. That costs 20 US dollars, which is probably why it is asking you for your Paypal information.

Apart from MilkShape you should be able to use Blender or Wings 3D to make meshes, but I don't know any of the programs personally, so I don't know which one is best.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Field Researcher
#275 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 2:01 AM Last edited by dwn2ridehtchck1 : 11th Oct 2011 at 4:26 AM.
i want to create usable books that can b read and put away i see two creators have made it so the books are usable. My issue is I want to be able to create my own books with custom covers and not just have recolors of their meshes. How do i accomplish this? also, i was wondering if anyone who has an object that plays only on song could tell me how they did that because I want to have a music box or some type of cd player or whatever that plays only one tune or however many custom tunes I want because I want it to be like a band's album that sims can purchase?

Also how do i get my sim pe to recognize the CEP both are installed and the sim pe is the latest version

my CEP and sim pe work fine together now idk what caused it not too in the first place though
now im only wondering about the music and having a band have a cd player or music box or whatever to sell that i can recolor to have their picture on and have it play only thier song if i must ill settle for just recoloring the object and adding a song to a station.
as far as the books are concerned i'm makeing no progress in figuring it out?
Page 11 of 12