Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 8:39 PM
Default Stack objects default graphic
Does anyone know if there's a way to make changing an objects default graphic (a la simblender, sim manipulator etc) only affect the one object you click on, and not all objects of that type? I'm working on something that uses it, and I would like people to be able to choose different states for each object of that sort on the lot, but now I wonder if that's even possible because all objects I've seen use that do change all objects present on lot. Not visually, but the default graphic the object itself thinks it's using.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 8:58 PM
I thought the primitive that change texture, only apply to the one object. I've done that once and I had to set to next to every object with same GUID, so that they could change all.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 11:06 AM
Not texture, model. It changes to any model you list in it's text list model list, so you can take the shape of any other object It's an expression, so not the separate opcodes to change texture or change material.

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 12:02 PM Last edited by cedrigo : 3rd Oct 2017 at 12:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Does anyone know if there's a way to make changing an objects default graphic (a la simblender, sim manipulator etc) only affect the one object you click on, and not all objects of that type?

I think you can do that

First, add the mesh name in the string ressource STR# 0x85 (Model - names)
For example, let's say you add "plantBonsai" in the line number 2
Then trigger the following BHAV :

prim 0x0002 Expression (Stack Object's graphic := Literal 0x0002)
prim 0x0007 Refresh (Stack Object's graphic)

your object should turn into bonsai
but I'm not sure how long it will remain in its new state, as it is not set as default graphic.

you can also try the "defaulting" method and compare :

prim 0x0002 Expression (Stack Object's default graphic := Literal 0x0002)
prim 0x0002 Expression (Stack Object's graphic := Stack Object's default graphic)
prim 0x0007 Refresh (Stack Object's graphic)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 12:24 PM
Hm well. The second one you listed is the setup I use. Perhaps if I remove the second line it won't affect all objects on the lot. I'll give it a try, and see how long it sticks

Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 8:48 PM
Don't know if this is what you mean. It's a custom object with four models - manually selected from the menu or auto-selected by placement (based on the "Out of Stock" card from OfB). I gave up developing the idea as you have to save the selected model in the object, and that doesn't work on community lots (as objects are reset every time the lot is entered)

PM me if you need more details
Attached files:
File Type: zip  WH_InfoCard.zip (58.9 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Hm well. The second one you listed is the setup I use. Perhaps if I remove the second line it won't affect all objects on the lot. I'll give it a try, and see how long it sticks

The first line is also different (use "stack object's graphic" instead of "stack object's default graphic")
Anyway, this is what I would try... but I can't garanty you it will work as you wish...
Good luck